PDA

View Full Version : Christina Aguilera BIONIC

Rye
04-09-2010, 03:15 PM
YouTube - Christina Aguilera Talks About New Album "Bionic" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lsHYd1luvY)
I am so pumped. I love her new single. I was waiting for her to release something new; her old retro styled album was fabulous. Her last new single was bland, but so far what she's put for this album is really fun and catchy. Anyone else anticipating this? I absolutely love Christina Aguilera; she is the most talented singer of the generation. I didn't know it was possible for someone to be able to have such a range of octaves.

I just love the fact that she's not afraid to do her vocal gymnastics in every song, though I know that some others dislike it. Every song she does is like a live experience, with all of the vocal embellishment. It's just not singing straight; it's so much more. And when she does sing live... my christ. Just YouTube "Walk Away Live on Letterman."

And pleeeease, because I know it's going to happen if I don't ask, please no Lady Gaga vs Christina Aguilera debate. Not here. Make a new thread if you feel like that. I love both artists. Christina Aguilera isn't ripping on Lady Gaga style and Lady Gaga isn't ripping on Christina. They're both insanely talented (Lady Gaga as a songwriter, and Christina as a vocalist), and the new single sounds nothing like a Lady Gaga song anyway. I hate this rivalry between both artist's fans. It's so stupid. They're both blonde, they're both doing electronic, they're both New Yorkers and they're both very intelligent women if you listen to them speak in interviews. That's where the resemblance end.

Chloe.
04-09-2010, 03:21 PM
I've been waiting for Christina to release some new stuff for ageeees, I absolutely love her. Glad to hear I don't have to wait too long now!

Madame Adequate
04-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Christina Aguilera; she is the most talented singer of the generation.

:stare:

Bunny
04-09-2010, 04:37 PM
You have to break up with her.

Breine
04-09-2010, 06:36 PM
I've always thought Christina Aguilera was one of the most worthwhile pop artists out there. She can sing her ass off, and she actually makes good pop music. "Back to Basics" had some neat stuff on it.

I've only heard this new single of hers once, but it's pretty groovy as far as I remember. I'll have to check it out again. What is really interesting, though, are the people she has been working with on this up-coming album of hers. People like M.I.A., Santigold, Goldfrapp, Ladytron and Sia - it just shows she has good taste, and that she's not afraid to take some risks. There's more to her than to most other popstars out there.

I'm actually rather excited to hear what the result will be.

SuperMillionaire
04-09-2010, 08:34 PM
I like her, she's great. She's sexy and talented, and has a great voice. I'm looking forward to her next album.

Chris
04-09-2010, 09:10 PM
She can most definitely sing her little behind off, but her music sounds completely the same as everything else out there, IMO.

Almost.

She does have her shining moments, and she should consider recording an album of old standards, done old school with a big band. She's got a great voice for it, and I think it would really compliment her respective vocal talents.

But, perhaps it is just I who cannot relate to today's music trends.

:(

Quindiana Jones
04-09-2010, 09:17 PM
I thought we were talking some epic robot thing.

Oh well. :(

Levian
04-09-2010, 09:31 PM
While she does have songs I don't care for, like Dirrty, there's also songs like Hurt, which really strikes a nerve and is nice to listen to. Hopefully she does more stuff like that.

Moon Rabbits
04-09-2010, 09:43 PM
And here I thought this was going to be a SuperMillionaire thread.

and she should consider recording an album of old standards, done old school with a big band.

Didn't she do that recently? Sort of like a modernized version at least? Like Ain't No Other Man and Candyman and stuff.

Flying Mullet
04-09-2010, 09:56 PM
I thought there was a Bionic Woman remake and she was going to star in it.

Freya
04-09-2010, 11:11 PM
I love Christina! I didn't even know there was a gaga vs Christina thing o.o

I think she's an amazing singer and i'm really looking forward to hearing more singles from her cause it seems no one can touch her vocally. :D

Shiny
04-10-2010, 01:24 AM
Christina Aguilera; she is the most talented singer of the generation.

:stare:
My sentiments exactly. She does have a good singing voice, but saying she's the MOST talented singer of the generation is a bit of a bold statement.

Rye
04-10-2010, 01:32 AM
She has a range and a voice not heard of since the likes of Billie Holiday and Edith Piaf and other such singers of that day. I've not heard one live performance of a performing born in this generation who can touch this live performance. It's flawless and it gives me chills. Even young opera singers this day can't match this talent. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFZN7Cvvu0Y)

It's relieving to see that there is at least one singer these days whose calibur can at least approach something like this live performance; YouTube - Billie Holiday-Good Morning Heartache (Live) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvDZOX9IdKs)

EDIT: Oh, and I gotta give props: Leona Lewis sings bland songs on her albums, but give her a song like Summertime... and yup. She's up there with Christina Aguilera.

YouTube - Leona Lewis - Summertime (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aLpfHxEqj0&feature=related)

This literally made my heart leap.

Chris
04-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Both Leona and Christina have great voices, but record companies insist on giving them sub par material to sing. Christina occasionally dish out a great song, but for every great single, there's five filler tracks on the album.

My sister saw Christina live in Copenhagen a couple of years back, and she was blown away by her voice. To truly appreciate a great singer, you have to hear them live. "Live" on TV and "Live" live are two completely different experiences.

I once heard Christina say that one of her idols were Sinéad O'Connor, and you can actually hear some clear influences in her singing sometimes.

Take a listen to this song: Damn Your Eyes - Sinéad O'Connor. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E-k4MoAwMQ)

Quindiana Jones
04-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Slightly off topic, but I LOVE Billie Holiday. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.

LunarWeaver
04-12-2010, 03:39 AM
I'm fairly excited for her new album. I don't like the first single much, but on pop albums created to maintain relevance and get radio play the singles are typically the worst songs (for me). Seems like the other songs are where they make the music they actually wanted to make.

Doesn't Mariah Carey have some ridiculous range? She's a bitch and I don't listen to her much, but maybe she can rival her, I dunno. Christina's is very distinct, though. You hear her and know it's her.

Imperfectionist
04-13-2010, 01:19 AM
This is so weird I was just thinking like yesterday that she should release something new.

I absolutely love Aggy, Stripped is probably one of my most listened to albums because it's friggin fantastic. Her voice is beautiful and I love her style and look. I'm quite excited :p

Also, Rye, I watched that Summertime cover by Leona a couple weeks ago, she's got such a fantastic voice as well and when you watch stuff like that you realise how much of a shame it is that her record company gives her such rubbish to sing. Her only released song that I actually like is her cover of Run by Snow Patrol, that's pretty awesome.

SuperMillionaire
04-16-2010, 09:41 PM
And here I thought this was going to be a SuperMillionaire thread.

and she should consider recording an album of old standards, done old school with a big band.

Didn't she do that recently? Sort of like a modernized version at least? Like Ain't No Other Man and Candyman and stuff.
LOL. Yes, she did that already.

I thought there was a Bionic Woman remake and she was going to star in it.
No, she wasn't. There WAS a short-lived Bionic Woman remake back in 2007, with British actress Michelle Ryan in the main role.

Freya
04-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Anyone see the video? I feel dirty for just watching it o.o

YouTube - Christina Aguilera - Not Myself Tonight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt-tHcQR67Y)

Chris
04-30-2010, 06:59 PM
This video contains content from Vevo, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Bastards.

NeoCracker
04-30-2010, 11:09 PM

YouTube - Christina Aguilera - Not Myself Tonight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt-tHcQR67Y)

You know, I like quite a few of her songs. But what the hell is this dribble?

This is the same damned reason I hate Lady Gaga's music so much. You have an amazing talent, but all the songs they do are complete garbage.

And I think I will be the only one here to say this, but by far my favorite female popstar to listen to is Michelle Branch. :love:

Rye
04-30-2010, 11:13 PM

This is the same damned reason I hate Lady Gaga's music so much. You have an amazing talent, but all the songs they do are complete garbage.

And I think I will be the only one here to say this, but by far my favorite female popstar to listen to is Michelle Branch. :love:

Michelle Branch is so cute, she used to be my favorite. Does she have a new album yeeeet?

NeoCracker
04-30-2010, 11:34 PM

Michelle Branch is so cute, she used to be my favorite. Does she have a new album yeeeet?

Yeah, ever since Hotel Paper, she joined up with some chick and started doing country music...

Apperently she herself, not 'The Wreckers' as I think the band was called is. is releasing an album soon, 'Everything comes..'. I've heard a couple tracks, and I'll leave it at the country influence she's had does not do her well.

The only thing she's done thats good since Hotel paper is Feeling you, and that was her featured on a Santana Song. ;p

SuperMillionaire
05-07-2010, 07:40 PM

Laga GagGag, as I like to call her, has a voice similar to that of Christina Aguilera, but her music is much different. Christina Aguilera is more experimental and has better lyrics.

And Michelle Branch joined with country singer Jessica Harp to form The Wreckers.

LunarWeaver
05-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Her performance on Oprah was terrible. She did a medley thing at some award show a while back that left me underwhelmed too. That baby has ruined her voice. It doesn't make sense. But it did. And lip syncing once? Never thought I'd see that from her.

Although I don't like babies and blame them for all troubles, including war and cancer. That's what this is all about. I am a bad person, I know.

Often she tries way too hard to show off she has powerful vocals when she should stick to the song imho. She couldn't seem to hear herself during the Oprah performance either. She had like some... ear piece thing going on. Is that some important thing they do? I dunno, :dumb:

Anyway, I need to hear the rest of the album

That video was :bou::bou::bou::bou: too. I like you Christina. I have faith you will impress me yet.

Why must I bitch like this? Why?!

Rye
05-29-2010, 10:51 PM
I... am really disappointed with the album.

The only songs I like is her single and You Lost Me, which was written by Sia, and a ballad, so it was a given that I'd love it.

Her performance was gorgeous on AI. But I still don't like the album. I think it was too many cooks in the kitchen, because you can tell she was trying to have a billion influences in there, and nothing of her really shone through in the end, aside from the two good songs.

LunarWeaver
05-29-2010, 10:54 PM
It's out? Or was it leaked? I thought it was June but I haven't checked in a while. I didn't know she performed on AI either *runs to watch*

Rye
05-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Leaked on the torrents!

Chris
05-29-2010, 11:19 PM
Really like Christina's voice, but her performance on Oprah was a disaster, and the song sounded like some leftover scrap from the '80s. I really think she should stick to ballads, and not the synth-heavy dance pop crap. :eep:

YouTube - Christina Aguilera on Oprah - Not Myself Tonight (HD) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ZFqfDOeKg)

Rye
05-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Oh, that's just awful... I wish I hadn't watched that. =(

Oh Christina... I need to watch "Walk Away" live on Letterman to make up for this.

Breine
05-30-2010, 12:05 AM
I don't really see anything wrong with that Oprah performance. Seemed fine to me.

Also, the video for her single is pretty darn sassy :bigsmile: