PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Gaming Artist

nicknite86
04-10-2010, 02:58 AM
Hi, my name is Nick. The Game Industry can be very difficult to get into these days. The key to making it is attaining a diverse background in gaming knowledge, and understanding various software packages. Programs such as Maya, Photoshop, and 3dsMax are at the helm of the industry and are great to know for developing a portfolio or getting further into your business or hobby. In succeeding as a digital artist it’s vital to broaden your knowledge in regards to traditional skill, technology, and creativity. I hope to be of help to others in understanding digital art and the game industry.

Thanks for having me here, :)

Nick B.

Rye
04-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Welcome! I moved this to Wonder Square since that is where we do our introduction threads. I hope you don't mind. :)

It'll be really interesting to have another artist around. Make sure you post in the Art forums! Have fun!

docta fizz
04-10-2010, 02:53 PM
welcome to the show man. Stick around awhile, we'd be glad to have you buddy

Mo-Nercy
04-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Ahhh. Now that this is in the right place, I can welcome you.

Welcome Nick. My girlfriend is a graphic designer and likes to make the occasional bit of custom content for The Sims. She now thinks she's an expert in interiors and fashion as well and is taking over my life! [insert vent about girlie new bedsheets here]

Raarrrggh! You don't do this to people do you?

Rantz
04-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Welcome, Nick! Hope you stick around!

Goldenboko
04-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Hello there Mr. Graphic Artist. Stick around and post lots.

Jiro
04-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Good to have you aboard!

qwertysaur
04-13-2010, 02:51 PM
:cookie: