PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to FFLegend?

Doc
04-10-2010, 06:34 AM
It's been at least seven years since I used to be an active member on FFLegend.com's forum. Apparently it's gone now?

I started off on the EoFF forums in 2000, and I know the two sites used to share a lot of users in common. I figure here would be the best place to check — can anyone tell me what happened with the site? Or if there's anywhere its userbase migrated to?

Cheers,
Doc

Jessweeee♪
04-10-2010, 06:37 AM
I'm rather curious myself! I think I joined. There was one Final Fantasy forum where I joined and stopped posting after two days because I was already stuck at EoFF >.>

Raistlin
04-10-2010, 05:21 PM
I have no idea. I don't even remember hearing that it was gone. That's a shame if it really is gone; you're right that FFL got its start from one of the original members of EoFF.

demondude
04-10-2010, 05:28 PM
We are much better. :colbert:

kotora
04-10-2010, 06:47 PM
It died like years ago

I wonder what happened to FFOnline myself. It used to be so much more active a couple of years ago.

Mo-Nercy
04-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Yeah, FFOnline has really gone downhill fast. Both the forums and their frontsite.

It appears that EoFF is winning the war of attrition.

Mirage
04-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Too few members for anyone to want to bother paying for the domain name/server/vbulletin license.

Coach
10-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Still were plenty of members there, just lacked my awesomeness to keep everything together.

/Hold thread resurrection Batman!

Basic story goes like this. Perfect trifecta of stuff happened. I wasn't around and didn't have time to dedicate to it. The membership and mods did a pretty decent job of keeping things going, but the site wasn't like it was at it's peak. It was always in the back of my mind one of those things that I wanted to pick back up "when I got more time". I never got more time. The server got hacked and the backups were trash (not an FFL issue, more of a lack of patching). That was depressing, but could have continued on (still had good tables and older backups that would have worked). Phoenix and Ryudo got things going again no thanks to me.

I went offline for a while. Got engaged, etc etc. Didn't pay attention to important stuff like keeping a domain registered. Lost the domain to some domain squatter. I check on the domain from time to time, but still owned by the same squatter.

It was a big part of my life for a long time. Made many friends there, many of which I actually met in person. FFL was never quite as large as EoFF... and being the biggest was never really a goal (though seeing numbers of members and site traffic going up was very cool back then). It was just nice having a close group of friends with a common interest but hugely diverse backgrounds.

So yes, FFL is gone, but I still hold on to some of those friendships formed to this day. Phoenix, Rafael, Ryudo, Silence Messiah, Hels Bells, Kinder and many others (who's forum names I forget, but real names like Daniel, Leanne and more).

< insert some corny comment about the spirit living on here >

Jiro
10-11-2011, 04:11 AM
And thus the mystery is solved.