PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I buy shirts that are too big for me

blackmage_nuke
04-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Because im getting more shirt for the same price
Is this crazy?

What things do you think about/consider when buying clothes?

Rodarian
04-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Too be honest... its such a waste of money to do that.. Unless you end up wearing it as sleepwear. Buy your size appropriate clothing.

Or gift them to someone who will fit into it.

Meat Puppet
04-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Too be honest... its such a waste of money to do that.. Unless you end up wearing it as sleepwear. Buy your size appropriate clothing.

what if blackmage_nuke is a gangsta you didn’t think of that did you
so he didn’t waste money he just saved his life

gets tough on the streets of AU my nig nuke and I know that too well respect etc

Bunny
04-11-2010, 10:54 AM
I buy large even though I am technically a medium. It is more comfortable that way.

G13
04-11-2010, 12:06 PM
I wear large so I get large. Any bigger and I feel like I'm wearing a dress. Sometimes I'll get a large and wash it and it's like 10x smaller. Shopping's for good clothes is such a pain in the ass.

Rye
04-11-2010, 01:27 PM
I have to be conscious of the kind of frame it'll give me. I just tend not to look very good at all in teen trends sort of clothes, like short belly t-shirts and low-rise jeans. Those looks aren't forgiving and if you're not the target size for it, you end up looking fat. A lot of people don't care if their big stomachs are flopping out, but I do, so I'd rather dress myself different and look thinner.

I tend to go for things that are snug around my waist, because I have a very small waist, and it balances out the fact that I have wide hips. I have a really hard time dressing myself in blouses and tops because I feel like they all look bad on me, but I'm very good at finding really nicely fitting dresses that are slimming. Part of the reason why summer is such a better season!

If I am wearing casual blouse and jeans, I tend to do a kind of soft flattering camisole or tank-top, and I wear any number of the billion cardigans I own over it.

Buying clothes can be annoying sometimes, since I'm not an easy size 4. If I'm buying for pure fun, I'd rather shop for accessories or shoes. Headbands! Sunglasses!

Rebellious Eagle
04-11-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm the same kind of shopper as Rye; I'm self-conscious of how the clothes will actually make me look. I like to buy shirts that don't hug my skinny torso because they make me look anorexic, and that's unattractive. I also never, ever buy skinny jeans because they make my legs look just awful. And not to mention that they're extremely uncomfortable and can cause nerve disorders. :O
It's also hard for me to fit into any size jeans because my waist is virtually non-existent. I hate having to wear belts 24/7. -_-

Marshall Banana
04-11-2010, 02:50 PM
I always look for something strawberry!

Breine
04-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Me shopping for clothes is much like this:

I find something I like, I look at the price, and if the price is reasonable I try it on.

rubah
04-11-2010, 06:40 PM
I found a pair of bell-bottoms yesterday that were wonderful *_* I could see them with lots of embroidery and appliqué. . .!

However, my thighs did not fit t_t Everything else was fine but my fatty thighs ;_;

I have learned never to buy clothes intending to fit into them. So I put them back.

(but I did get a beautiful blue and white dress-- it looks like a china plate and makes me feel beaaaaaaaaaaautiful ^_~)

Quindiana Jones
04-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Over-sized shirts on girls are hot.

Chris
04-11-2010, 08:22 PM
I don't waste away a lot of money on clothes I don't need. I only buy clothes if I really, really want it, or need it.

My closet is a pretty scary place for the unaware. I have at least ten outfits that are identical, and they're all layed out in advance. :D

Rodarian
04-11-2010, 09:07 PM
I have two closets and a dresser that filled with clothing... All of them fit me as they should :P

kotora
04-11-2010, 10:12 PM
I make sure my shirts are always tight around the pecs. M or L are usually just right.

qwertysaur
04-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Yes it is crazy :p

Jiro
04-12-2010, 01:31 AM
Me shopping for clothes is much like this:

I find something I like, I look at the price, and if the price is reasonable I try it on.

One day maybe I will not be stick thin too so my range increases. They don't make :bou::bou::bou::bou: in my size :mad:

NorthernChaosGod
04-12-2010, 03:28 AM
Over-sized shirts on girls are hot.

Without bottoms? Then yes. :cool:

Mo-Nercy
04-12-2010, 04:30 AM
I like to dress a bit on the preppy side, but I still stay away from skinny jeans because I think they look silly on guys. I like to wear vests/sleeveless sweaters and dress shirts with casual jeans and an expensive pair of sneakers. On occasions where that may not be necessary/appropriate, a simple t-shirt (that fits me), shorts/three-quarter pants and one of my pairs of Havainas will do. There's not much variety in the way I dress beyond that because I don't like to spend a lot of money on clothes.

Except shoes. I spend a lot of money on sneakers.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-12-2010, 05:43 AM
T-shirts that fit nice, so medium for me, though I will try for something longer. That's what I hate about most mediums: too short. I have a long torso. I know certain places/brands that have ones that are long enough. If they are too short, I will usually wear them with a hoodie so then you don't notice.

By too short, I mean they just meet my waist/top of my jeans, thus if I stretch or anything I expose my midriff/back.

Cuchulainn
04-12-2010, 02:23 PM
How in fuck did you manage to get 2 pages out of this?

Aibbie
04-12-2010, 02:48 PM
How in smurf did you manage to get 2 pages out of this?

Didn't you know? All EoFFers are fashion whores :p

I'm totally and completely jealous of men's clothing, I didn't know that clothing could be so comfortable until I borrowed a shirt from some guy friend a long time ago.

With that lesson in mind, I still wear uncomfortable women clothing :D I can't help it, the fashion whore is deep in me...

Rodarian
04-12-2010, 02:54 PM

I'm totally and completely jealous of men's clothing, I didn't know that clothing could be so comfortable until I borrowed a shirt from some guy friend a long time ago.

With that lesson in mind, I still wear uncomfortable women clothing :D I can't help it, the fashion whore is deep in me...

Come over to my place next time... I guarantee that you'll be wearing one of my shirts by the next day.... :jokey:

Aibbie
04-12-2010, 03:02 PM

Come over to my place next time... I guarantee that you'll be wearing one of my shirts by the next day.... :jokey:

Ohoho Mr Confidence eh?

Well unless you had a vagina and were actually a very butch woman, not happening lover :p

Rodarian
04-12-2010, 03:13 PM

Ohoho Mr Confidence eh?

Well unless you had a vagina and were actually a very butch woman, not happening lover :p

Darn... Well I'll still give you my shirt anyhow ! :D

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-12-2010, 04:27 PM

But girls have so many more options~

Cuchulainn
04-13-2010, 12:57 PM

You've SEEN the picture thread right?

Zeldy
04-13-2010, 04:58 PM
I need to go shopping so badly. I tend to just dress quite boy-ish, especially for college anyway. I mean I'm not the dress or skirt type, I don't feel comfortable to wear them :(

Aibbie
04-13-2010, 05:01 PM

You've SEEN the picture thread right?

Alright, liberal sense of fashion. Doesn't make 'em less of fashion whores!

Goldenboko
04-13-2010, 05:06 PM

Simple, you have your pages on the wrong setting. 999 posts per ftw.

Peegee
04-13-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm the opposite in that I buy shirts a size smaller. So I wear small shirts which look funny until I wear them. Then they look awesome.

Jiro
04-14-2010, 09:45 AM
I need all the help I can get to look muscular so smaller shirts are good. But I don't like small pants. Skinny jeans make me hate myself for multiple reasons, not least of all is that I'm being crushed.

Cuchulainn
04-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Alright, liberal sense of fashion. Doesn't make 'em less of fashion whores!

I've been known to spend stupid money on clothes...
Last picture thread I'm wearing Diesel jeans £100.00, Pengiun Tee £35, Adidas Classic £75.00 % Armani Ball huggers at £30...

IM NOT PROUD.

Fonzie
04-14-2010, 02:01 PM
meh, I wear shirts that are relatively tight and skinny jeans I suppose. :p

so, pretty much anything that looks good in a bathroom mirror :colbert:

NorthernChaosGod
04-14-2010, 07:05 PM
I need all the help I can get to look muscular so smaller shirts are good. But I don't like small pants. Skinny jeans make me hate myself for multiple reasons, not least of all is that I'm being crushed.

Hahaha. I used to do the skinny jean thing years ago when it was first starting to be cool, girls used to tell me all the time that they could see my junk.

Hollycat
04-14-2010, 07:30 PM
NO clothes, Im a cactuar

onedrunkduck
04-17-2010, 01:43 AM
it's not crazy

i also like to buy tshirts of bigger size because i hate tight shirts, price doesn't matter