PDA

View Full Version : Such Negativity

Vermachtnis
04-11-2010, 08:07 PM
The past couple of days I was going on a large archive binge of a comic and was reading the comments under it. At first I was a little taken back by the over whelming negativity (it's the internet so it wasn't that shocking). They I paid attention to the name and I noticed something peculiar, people only comment on the characters they don't like.

It was like XxSilverWolfDragonxX* wrote: Amy is a whore! Such a Mary Sue! BLAH BLAH BLAH!

And yet when they aren't on screen they're quiet. So I've come to the conclusion that they don't have any favorite characters.

*Totally made up name BTW

But serious discussion time, what ever happened to if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all? It's the internet and that's asking too much, but why do some people take it to the exact opposite and only post rude mean things?

Quindiana Jones
04-11-2010, 08:13 PM
VERMACHTWHATEVER IS A CHILD KILLER NOOB.

I like reading comments on YouTube. Seriously, some people are demented.

Chris
04-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Some people are like that in real life, too.

Today at work this guy was obviously having a bad day, but people kept dimissing his negativity, which made him even more irritiable, so he decided to take it out on me for some reason. I didn't pay him much attention, and just nodded my head and said "yeah, you're probably right". I think he must have exploded on his way home. :|

But yes, I do not have much time for negativity, and I don't pay negative people much (if any) attention, as it's a pure waste of engery to even try to deal with people like that. People can have a bad day, but if you feel the need to take it out on someone else, call in sick, or kiss both cheeks.

Rye
04-11-2010, 08:29 PM
It makes me feel bad for people. How can you be that miserable with yourself that you spend hours freaking out at bad videos on YouTube. Do they really make people that angry? It's just really sad. You're not forced to sit at the computer; there is a shut down button.

Vermachtnis
04-11-2010, 08:38 PM
I like $'s idea, that probably annoys them even more xD

And I agree with what Yuna said. If you really think about having that much hatred for a fictional character, especially the ones who aren't even being antagonistic, is kind of sad.

VERMACHTWHATEVER IS A CHILD KILLER NOOB.

YOU'RE MOTHER :mad2:

Chris
04-11-2010, 08:38 PM
YouTube have become a breeding ground for negativity.

*Watching a video of Leona Lewis*

Me: "I really dig her voice, not so much the songs."

Someone: "She wun a huge tv prgoram , and sold millin of records, and she is possbly the best singer in the world, and you?"

I hate that arguement to no end. What? By that "logic", no one can comment on a song or a movie, unless you're a singer or actor yourself?

See what I mean with the negativity? I meant well by my comment, but someone still managed to turn it into something negative.

41-Inches-Wide
04-11-2010, 08:46 PM
OH MY GOD I HATE YOUTUBE COMMENTS!

Freya
04-11-2010, 08:52 PM
I've started saying five year old insults instead of whatever else because it makes me laugh more.

Them: This artist sucks at singing. She needs to die.
Me: Well you're a cat butt licker so your opinion isn't valid.
Them: God ur so immataure.
Me: At least i'm not a booger nose.

It makes for grand luls on my end.

rubah
04-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Theo agrees Thank You For Not Expressing Yourself - New English Review (http://www.newenglishreview.org/custpage.cfm/frm/58706/sec_id/58706)
Marsha is investigating ways of mediating jerks Stopping online venom (http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2010/jan/13/stopping-online-venom/opinion-columnists-other/)

maybe everyone is just passive aggressive inside

Bunny
04-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Negativity is far more fun than positivity.

qwertysaur
04-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Most of the time they are trolling. I just ignore them :p

No.78
04-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Oh I absolutely hate this, I really do. I feel it is so ungrateful to be so heavily critical of something constantly. I never buy something unless I know I'm going to enjoy it, otherwise it's a waste of money. I just don't see why people can be so critical!

I hate it also when people think they're being mature and constructively criticizing some work someone's done, and just tear it apart with really harsh overly critical 'advice'. It's pathetic.

Vermachtnis
04-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Most of the time they are trolling. I just ignore them :p

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/AKA_Gluttony/EeodK.jpg

Polnareff
04-11-2010, 09:48 PM
I can tell ya something right now, if I'm negative, it's for a damn good reason. :D

And yes people act a fool on Youtube. I usually give it back to 'em tenfold. Then they block me and/or stop replying.

Breine
04-11-2010, 10:06 PM

Word.

Meat Puppet
04-11-2010, 10:35 PM
YouTube comments can be great fun. I like trolling people on Fox/religious videos. Fox is a legitimate news source! Hehe.

Mo-Nercy
04-12-2010, 04:13 PM
It drives me insane when someone comments so negatively on something that I begin to wonder why they chose to watch the video in the first place. Surely, normal people only click on videos they want to watch, right?

Hate trolls :mad2:
Kimi Raikkonen is the fastest driver on Earth, kthx

Værn
04-13-2010, 02:01 AM
The internet exists for the lulz. Making fun of something for being horrible is much more laughable than praising someone for doing something right. Which is why watching horrible B movies with a large group of people is so great :3