PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever feel bad about playing one game over the other?

VeloZer0
04-12-2010, 01:29 AM
Do you ever feel like you should be playing some game you recently purchased, yet you always end up playing something you have beaten a million times?

It happens to me all the time. What made me think of it was that I recently bought the PSP remake of Mega Man X,I wasn't really interested in the remake all that much but I wanted to round out an Amazon order for free shipping. When it got here I was right in the middle of FFXIII. So I beat it, then went back to FFXIII. Then I played it on hard, and went back to FFXIII. Now I am done with FFXIII and I have the following games on my shelf I have been looking to get to:
White Knight Chronicles
Metal Gear Solid 4
Lost Odyssey
Fable II
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata

and what am I doing? Playing another playthrough of Mega Man X.

This isn't a thread about new vs old games, but more about you feeling you should be playing one game, but always seem to end up playing something else.

Vermachtnis
04-12-2010, 01:58 AM
I've still got Strange Journey, Atelier Annie, and Endless Frontier to finish and yet I've started by 3rd game on Sakura Wars and still screw around on Heart Gold than play those. In my defense Eridanus is a really annoying map.

Jessweeee♪
04-12-2010, 02:43 AM
Right after purchasing Dissidia and Persona, I got FFVIII on my PSP. Guess which one I sat down and played xD

black orb
04-12-2010, 02:56 AM
>>> You people have way too much money to waste in games that you dont even care about..:luca:
I HATE YOU ALL!

Bastian
04-12-2010, 03:00 AM
Yes. I bought Dragon Quest VIII over a hear ago and can only seem to manage to play it for like a day and then not again for like five months. . . . So . . . And then I bought DQ IV and . . . haven't played it since the day I bought it. In the meantime I've played and finished FF IV: The After Years, New Super Mario Wii, Guardian of Paradise, Legend of Spyro: Eternal Night.

VeloZer0
04-12-2010, 03:06 AM
>>> You people have way too much money to waste in games that you dont even care about..:luca:
I HATE YOU ALL!
Funny thing is all I want is to work less so I can have more free time to play video games. One of those money =/= happiness scenarios.

And the whole point of this thread is we feel bad spending money on these games we don't end up playing :p

black orb
04-12-2010, 03:13 AM
>>> Give all those games to me, Im a lazy bum who doesnt have job so I have plenty of time to beat all of them..:) :luca:

VeloZer0
04-12-2010, 04:14 AM
Or come and do my job for me a day or two a week so I have time to stay home and play games.

ljkkjlcm9
04-12-2010, 04:59 AM
I've had FFXIII since release date, and I've only beaten Chapter 1. I played God of War 3, then I had Darksiders sitting un-opened... (which I am on the final boss), before that I had been playing White Knight Chronicles like crazy. Now I have Monster Hunter Tri coming soon, and since I will probably start actually playing FFXIII now, I doubt I'll get to that for awhile!

Not to mention that someone got me Modern Warfare 2 for christmas, and I have yet to open it.

THE JACKEL

Shoeberto
04-12-2010, 05:05 AM
I'm in the same camp as people not playing FFXIII, though for me I really have to set aside time so I can fully get into it... which is easier said than done at the end of the school semester with a lot of stuff on my plate. The gaming I've done lately has been more things that I can pick up and play in short bursts. It makes me feel a little bad, but I'm still making time for it when I can.

Wolf Kanno
04-12-2010, 07:04 AM
I ended up tripling my PS2 collection in the last year since so many of them dropped down to the $9.99 range. I've started most of them but school got in the way and the only games I've really been playing through have been P3, P4, and Dissidia.

I'm swearing off all my console titles til I finish XIII but good god is SMT: Nocturne and Shinobi are calling my name. Not to mention XIII reminds me so much of the Xenosaga series that I've been fighting the urge to start through the trilogy again. I've also been in the mood to play through Xenogears again since I've been doing a bit of the retro games lately. God I wish school was over... and that my boss would cut my hours again. :cry:

Tokimadoushi
04-12-2010, 07:13 AM
My boyfriend has bought me tons of games I've never finished for that exact reason...I always end up going back to replay my old favorites. He loves to make me feel bad about it. But I don't care :p

I'll get around to finishing them...eventually...

At the moment my list goes as follows:

-Fable II
-Tomb Raider Anniversary
-Dragon Age: Origins and Awakening
-Resident Evil 5 (I'm ALMOST done with that if that counts)

But yeah I'm currently replaying FFIX ;)

Skyblade
04-12-2010, 07:22 AM
I feel like I should be playing FFXIII, but it is so hard to get into it that I just find myself playing through Mass Effect 2 and Pokemon some more.

Rase
04-12-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm playing Pokemon Soul Silver, a remake of a Gameboy Color game I beat three times. I still have Assassin's Creed 2, Etrian Odyssey 2, Okami, Dragon Quest VIII, and No More Heroes 2 to finish/get anywhere in. And that's just off the top of my head in about ten seconds. I don't feel bad though; I feel worse about the books I want/need to read/finish (The Prince, Animal Farm, Communist Manifesto...)

VeloZer0
04-13-2010, 12:43 AM
I tried reading the Communist Manifesto and it was excruciatingly boring and unreadable. (This is from someone who found Origin of Species captivating). Animal Farm is also very much overrated. It is a good read for someone who doesn't read much, but a waste of time for someone well read (which I would assume you are from the three books on your to read list). Prince is a very interesting read, and short to boot.

Yeah, I have a stack of books to read right beside my stack of video games to play as well. Which both sit on top of my chore to do list. :p

Madame Adequate
04-13-2010, 12:43 AM
If I get in the mood to play one of any number of games, they will override almost anything new I could possibly have. This includes but is not limited to;

Deus Ex
X-Com
Civilization 4
Hearts of Iron 2
Europa Universalis 3
Fallout 1 and 2
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Age of Empires
Space Empires V
Team Fortress 2
Final Fantasy X
Morrowind
Transport Tycoon
and more and more.

Edit: The Communist Manifesto wasn't a bad read for me, but I've never encountered so terribly written a thing as Das Kapital.

Rase
04-13-2010, 12:52 AM
I tried reading the Communist Manifesto and it was excruciatingly boring and unreadable. (This is from someone who found Origin of Species captivating). Animal Farm is also very much overrated. It is a good read for someone who doesn't read much, but a waste of time for someone well read (which I would assume you are from the three books on your to read list). Prince is a very interesting read, and short to boot.
I'm assuming the Manifesto will be bit of a chore to get through, but at the same time I just have this urge to read it (plus I got it for $5, and it comes with some other writings). From what I read Animal Farm was a simple read, but I enjoyed the story and simplicity of it. Prince is something I've been putting off forever, so this summer it's getting done.

Ouch!
04-13-2010, 08:44 PM
I've been playing Pokemon HeartGold and Mass Effect 2 (even though I've already beaten it) over both FFXIII and White Knight Chronicles. I actually feel worse about WKC than I do about FFXIII.

Bolivar
04-13-2010, 09:04 PM
I've been utterly addicted to MW2...

PaulinasKnight
04-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Yes. Even my best friend accused me of cheating on Final Fantasy XIII by playing the version of Final Fantasy Tactics I downloaded from the PSN Store.

Wolf Kanno
04-17-2010, 07:43 AM
So I finished XIII and now want to play something to get the taste out of my mouth, I have a shiny used PS3 with MGS4, Disgaea 3, and Fallout 3 all waiting to be opened and played and what am I in the mood to play through right now? Breath of Fire IV (which of course means I will have to play BoFIII and V as well cause they are awesome) I seriously need to start playing all the games I've been buying instead of replaying old titles I love. :(

Rebellious Eagle
04-17-2010, 02:32 PM
I thought I was the only one who felt this way. xD
I recently got FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX for the PS1 but have instead been busy replaying FFV on the GBA. Yeah, I don't know why, either.

Mo-Nercy
04-17-2010, 03:35 PM
I've yet to finish playing FFXIII, but insteaad, I'm playing Rhythm Heaven on DS. It's not even a good game but I refuse to accept that my girlfriend has a better sense of rhythm than I do.

No.78
04-17-2010, 06:44 PM
I don't really buy many games... So when I get a new game it's a big deal, I'll play it all the time. Playing an old game again has to be at least a couple of months afterwards, otherwise it does feel wrong. :P

Jiro
04-20-2010, 01:38 PM
I have a lot of unfinished games that I've been meaning to get back into. But I suddenly have the urge to play FFVI again.

(Un)Fortunately, I don't have time for any of them at the moment, so everybody's being ignored.

Mercen-X
04-20-2010, 07:49 PM
I still own PlayStation games. Hell, I still own a Sega and the games that go with it. Geez, I've still got a damned Nintendo Entertainment System (actually, it's new; my dad smashed the old one when I was 11) and plenty of games to play on that.

There are games that I spend a lot of time on and games I spend a lot of time wishing I could play. When I occasionally look through my collection, I at times rearrange them in order of play so I can get back into a few games I've neglected (like Tony Hawk's Underground, old but entertaining), and others I've yet to finish (like Grandia III) because I keep switching to other games (like Rogue Galaxy and Jak & Daxter the Lost Frontier).

Sometimes, I neglect my games so I can watch TV or DVDs and sometimes it is due to my need to study particular aspects of certain games so that I can write better stories and come up with concepts for games of my own. I spend a lot of my time on my personal computer (no internet) taking notes and making improvements over what I feel to be low points of other games and stories.

Because I'm a ridiculously fanatical fan of it's artwork, I thought I'd like Guilty Gear for the PSP. I don't. I don't like the fighter or the damned crapload of a side-scrolling adventure that they coupled with the USP. I'd be more interested in reading the manga or watching an anime or movie. The game just infuriates me (maybe it's just too hard and I'm a pussy... either way, I refuse to play it).

Iceglow
04-21-2010, 01:22 AM
I have friends at work who try to make me feel terrible that 1) I do not play WoW (even though I was involved as a beta tester for it) 2) do not play MW2 as much as they would like online. I prefer Halo simple as. I prefer Halo because I prefer to play with friends I do not work with every day so I play with people like Psy who prefers Halo.

I tend to feel bad when I end up playing Halo so much or something else when I know I should play some GW because I'm so random in my activity on there. I have these big spurts of activity then I give up and go do something else, cue 6 months without playing.

I also feel bad whenever I do not play Fallout 3 atm. I've just been overwhelmed by it lately, I had a clear image in my head of where to go, what to do next. Then my friend got me ALL the DLC for it in one go. I now have too many options and can't decide what piece of awesome sauce stuff I want first :\ I really ought to just go get the power-armour ability and then once I have that plough through Operation Anchorage for the T151b Winterized simulation armour, it'd sure as hell go well with my special guns. However I have trouble committing myself to that action because I'll suddenly want to go do something else. I have to make a decision someday.

DK
04-23-2010, 12:21 AM
I've been meaning to play FFXIII for about a week but have only got about 10 hours done because I keep going down to my friends house to play Megaman. We decided to play all of the Megaman X games in a row, at X8 at the moment. This has been a god damn painful week and I kind of wish I'd just stuck with the nice and cosy FFXIII. On the other hand, Zero is a harbinger of destruction. One that you can control. I need it. :(

Levian
04-23-2010, 12:26 AM
I've been meaning to play FFXIII for about a week but have only got about 10 hours done because I keep going down to my friends house to play Megaman. We decided to play all of the Megaman X games in a row, at X8 at the moment. This has been a god damn painful week and I kind of wish I'd just stuck with the nice and cosy FFXIII. On the other hand, Zero is a harbinger of destruction. One that you can control. I need it. :(

<3

beating Megaman X3 is pretty hardcore.

Since mid-february I've bought these games, and probably should play any one of them, but instead I find myself playing FFVI advance:

Heavy Rain - Completed but not 100%
Final Fantasy XIII
Blue Toad Murder Files - Completed but not 100%
Megaman 10
Resident Evil 5 DLC - Completed on Normal
Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped from PSN
Medievil from PSN
Flower