PDA

View Full Version : My plans? World domination of course...

Wolf Kanno
04-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Why? So I don't have to wear pants anymore. That's why all villains want to conquer the world. :cool:

Seriously, its April and for many of us trapped in the terrible seasonal cycle we call school, summer is fast approaching in a few weeks. Course finals, projects, and exams are waiting or us before then but let's think about something a bit less stressful. So the question is, what are your plans this summer?

I've just been reminded that I have a crap load of games I've been buying off and on for the last year and due to work and school, I have not been able to play any of them for more than an hour or two. So my goals for the summer is to sit down and finally playthrough all the golden gems I've been collecting. :D

I also will continue my two year long struggle to look for a new job.

Meat Puppet
04-12-2010, 07:12 AM
You could wear a kilt.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-12-2010, 07:44 AM
Let's see:

-Find a new apartment for August.
-Go to Anime North in May (detour to Canada's Wonderland is quite possible after the con).
-Faris possibly visiting in July.
-Moving end of July to said apartment.
-Going back home for a bit in August to see my sister and nephew who will be visiting too.
-Possibly find a new job somewhere in the meantime.
-Practice keyboard more which means hopefully I'll be able to play "To Zanarkand" from beginning to end with both hands by the end of the summer.
-Starting swimming at the end of the month (I've been saying this for like 5 years now, we'll see).

So yeah, that's it for me so far!

AntRid
04-12-2010, 12:52 PM
You could wear a kilt.
Or Stubby Shorts. That's a good compromise.

Ashi
04-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Continue my French course, go on a trip to France, Switzerland and Italy, then when I come back resume my job hunt...:cry:

Rye
04-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Going back to work, a two week vacation in Eng to see Huxley, then going back to work again.

Rodarian
04-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Let's see:

-Go to Anime North in May (detour to Canada's Wonderland is quite possible after the con).

I hate you cause I won't be there!! Bastard!!

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Let's see:

I hate you cause I won't be there!! Bastard!!

Awww. Bbbbbut....:(

Wolf Kanno
04-12-2010, 05:37 PM
You could wear a kilt.

You could wear a kilt.
Or Stubby Shorts. That's a good compromise.

The entire point is not to have restrictions and be able to wander around with the bottom half nude and not get any guff from anyone. Your compromises are shallow and irrelevant :colbert:

Jessweeee♪
04-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Uuugh it seems like March-May is just an endless stream of exams. This summer I'm gonna get a job and save up for school and life and stuff. Hopefully Mogi can visit for a while. If I can, I'm going to try to start learning Javascript and PHP.

Jiro
04-12-2010, 06:36 PM
I don't have many plans for that time, really. I finish my first semester and start my second during that period, was supposed to go skiing with my cousin but we both have no money, and I'll be working probably.

LunarWeaver
04-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Drink coffee and bitch about things in my LJ, probably. I'm looking forward to the same routine.

Depression Moon
04-12-2010, 07:27 PM
I don't really know man. Things would be so much easier if I wanted to be a doctor, engineer, mechanic, or teacher. I'm just going to try my best and not screw up my life more than I already have.

Raistlin
04-13-2010, 01:24 AM
Immediately following exams I have a week-long writing competition for my law school's law journals, which apparently will be the worst week of my life.

Shortly after that, I will be heading to a beach house with some college friends of mine for a week vacation.

Then, I will be working. I'm working at a State's Attorney's office for most of the summer.

Shlup
04-13-2010, 01:29 AM
Next week I'll be in Tokyo. After I get back I'm going to start scouring for a job as a nanny. I like teaching kids, but not forty-something stupid little ghetto ones at a time. Fingers crossed.

I have no summer plans. I'm past the point in my life where that season means anything in particular other than heat.

Mo-Nercy
04-13-2010, 01:37 AM
I'm going to be continuing my field education placement until August. After that comes a quick holiday. At this point, it appears that we are going to Melbourne, culinary capital of Australia. But I don't give a damn about the cafes and restaurants, I want to try Lord of the Fries. (http://www.lordofthefries.com.au)

After that, it'll be back at uni for a wrap-up semester and if that all goes well, I'll be a qualified social worker. Ready to take children away from their families and deny people their welfare payments!

rubah
04-13-2010, 05:22 AM
I intended to find an internship for this summer, but none seems to be forthcoming, so I guess I get to stay in town and begin research

qwertysaur
04-13-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm not sure exactly yet. I'll get back to you when I find out :p

Imperfectionist
04-13-2010, 03:53 PM
I think i'm just going to self-destruct after the unbelievable stress induced by exams and trying to sort out uni stuff. Seriously, the run up to summer is going to be the worst time of my life.

I'm just looking forward to my trip to Amsterdam in September.

Dr. Acula
04-15-2010, 11:57 PM
It's winter here (damn southern hemisphere), so no break for me. Although I might try and get a job anyway.

Citizen Bleys
04-16-2010, 01:06 AM
I have a job. Summer is irrelevant.

Next week I'll be in Tokyo.

**** you you ****ing ****er

Meat Puppet
04-16-2010, 02:13 AM
You could move to Denmark.

fire_of_avalon
04-16-2010, 02:30 AM
At the end of next week I'll be heading to Atlanta for happy fun travel times and a Coheed concert. Afterwards will be time for birthday celebrations (May, June & July are big birthday months for me) and the first of August I'll be in Florida meeting my friend's new baby. After that, I'll just continue my long, slow descent into madness, sadness, and general dismal feelings until something else fun comes up.

Hollycat
04-16-2010, 02:55 AM
too late, the world is mine

Fonzie
04-16-2010, 03:00 AM
I think I might get a job at Pac-Sun sometime during May. Also, I'd enjoy graduation money. ;o