PDA

View Full Version : Glee... Spring season

Freya
04-13-2010, 06:41 AM
Is it still season 1? or are we onto 2 yet D:

Omigawd I'm excited for it. Anyone else?

NorthernChaosGod
04-13-2010, 08:11 PM
It's still season 1. And I can't wait to watch it again. :jess:

JKTrix
04-14-2010, 12:26 AM
YouTube - グリー 曙 大熱唱!相撲 Japan Glee with Akebono Sumo "Don't Stop Believin" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWTslWUlV_E)

I love this show. Def. lookin forward to it.

Yar
04-14-2010, 04:32 AM
They are/were having a casting call in Lima because the show takes place around this area. I should have gone but oh well.

Shlup
04-14-2010, 05:51 AM
I AM SO EXCITED.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
04-14-2010, 07:52 AM
That. was. awesome!!!

cant wait for next week!!!!!

*Currently waiting for someone to leak the Sue Sylvester "Vouge" video*

Hulu doesnt like outsiders -_-!!!

Freya
04-14-2010, 05:20 PM
So this first episode is all "You know those relationships we set up? YEAH WELL FUCK YOU! They aint going nooo where"

I liked the gives you hell song but otherwise wasn't too jumpy dancy with theses ones. OH and the vogue thing was weird :D

JKTrix
04-15-2010, 01:04 AM
Yeah, when that video started at the end of my Hulu stream I was really confused, until I recognized the people in it. Then I couldn't stop laughing.

Shlup
04-16-2010, 03:00 AM
This episode was... meh. It was okay. Which is odd 'cause it had some of my favorite songs ever. I liked Shoe's storyline. The deal with Rachel and the boys pisses me off. There wasn't enough singing from the other peoples, but Asian dude got to dance so I'm satisfied.

Miriel
04-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Rachel and Finn are probably my least favorite characters so I didn't love this episode. But still, I'm SO glad the show is back! And I loved that Other Asian had a chance to shine for a bit, even though he didn't get to open his mouth and speak some lines. And Idina Menzel!! Hope we get to see her sing soon.

Anyway, speaking of Glee, Oprah had the cast of Glee on her show a little while back and they had on a real high school show choir on too and they were insane! Like the real life version of Vocal Adrenaline. I've been looking at their videos on Youtube and I'm so blown away by these kids. They're in High School! And a public high school to boot! God damn!

John Burroughs Powerhouse performing Vogue on Oprah:
YouTube - John Burroughs Powerhouse performs "Vogue/4 Minutes" on the Oprah Winfrey Show! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrVJ0YcxQOA)

Amaaazing performance of Rock Me Amadeus:
YouTube - John Burroughs Powerhouse 2009 "Rock Me Amadeus" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krUoHvdKSzU)

Rye
04-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Rachel and Finn are probably my least favorite characters so I didn't love this episode. But still, I'm SO glad the show is back! And I loved that Other Asian had a chance to shine for a bit, even though he didn't get to open his mouth and speak some lines. And Idina Menzel!! Hope we get to see her sing soon.

Anyway, speaking of Glee, Oprah had the cast of Glee on her show a little while back and they had on a real high school show choir on too and they were insane! Like the real life version of Vocal Adrenaline. I've been looking at their videos on Youtube and I'm so blown away by these kids. They're in High School! And a public high school to boot! God damn!

John Burroughs Powerhouse performing Vogue on Oprah:
YouTube - John Burroughs Powerhouse performs "Vogue/4 Minutes" on the Oprah Winfrey Show! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrVJ0YcxQOA)

Amaaazing performance of Rock Me Amadeus:
YouTube - John Burroughs Powerhouse 2009 "Rock Me Amadeus" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krUoHvdKSzU)

Hahahaah, I loved the singing Rock Me Amadeus. I wonder what kind of teacher they had, because you never see public schools doing so well.

Freya
04-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Oh I watched that Oprah episode! It was really sweet that Oprah had them on and hen gave them a new piano and a check for their program :D

Rantz
04-17-2010, 02:24 AM
This episode didn't do much for me. Most of it just felt like more of the same thing, which I feel like I've already had enough of. I definitely want to see more of the secondary characters now. Let the silly love affairs fade into the background, at least for a while, and show something new and interesting.

Brittany is still funny though :D

Del Murder
04-17-2010, 04:55 AM
This episode was not that great, but it is good to see the show back.

Rye
04-19-2010, 01:53 AM
It's my Life/Confessions is still my favorite performance!

Freya
04-21-2010, 03:20 AM
I liked this episode! The blasting the music through the intercom made me giggle. All the hair jokes and the oh snap. Just funny :D Then the preview for next week had Brittany saying "i'm pretty sure my cat's been reading my diary." Her one liners crack me up.

Miriel
05-19-2010, 07:23 AM
This last episode was SO good!

Neil Patrick Harris! Joss Whedon! Artie solo! Other Asian getting spotlighted and *this* close to having lines!

I DREAMED A DREAM DUET WITH IDINA MENZEL?!!?!?

Ahhh, I nearly died from the awesomeness during that duet. It was just so lovely.

NorthernChaosGod
05-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Damn, this episode was hella good. It may just be the best episode yet, Whedon is a genius.

And screw that, Dream On was the best. :colbert:

Rye
05-19-2010, 02:47 PM
The spring season started out really lame for me. I'm not digging the themes and the overly soppy music. It's getting better though! I'm so pumped to watch last night's episode.

Del Murder
05-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Dream On kicked ass. They should do more Aerosmith.

NorthernChaosGod
05-19-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm down with more Aerosmith.

I think they should do some Dio, since he died. :(

Freya
05-19-2010, 07:19 PM
I was giddy that she WAS her mom. I was worried there for a bit that she wouldn't be :(
Artie and other asian dancing was awesome. Dream on was awesome, I dream a dream was awesome. This episode was awesome.

Shlup
05-19-2010, 11:41 PM
This episode was like a forty three minute and twenty second orgasm.

A very large portion of my joy was the plot twist with Rachel's mother. I hated the way that storyline was originally seeming to go, but now it's yaaaay.

ETA: OMG I hadn't even finished the episode yet but did I just hear correctly that Other Asian is PG?!

Rye
05-20-2010, 01:34 AM
I love Piano Man so much. I love Billy Joel, like every other person who lives on Long Island.

EDIT: Omg Safety Dance! ♥

Yeah, this episode is a major improvement. Fun songs. I hated the lame themed episodes.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Frakin' awesome of an ep! Joss Whedon + Glee, NPH and dream on ftw!!

Im really glad Jesse not there to sabotage Glee now lol! That was the only thing that i was suprised about with the Rachel/ Shelby plot!!

NorthernChaosGod
05-21-2010, 02:59 AM
So who has the albums? Volume 3 came out recently.

I have them all. :jess:

JKTrix
05-21-2010, 06:44 AM
I watched this episode twice and I was seriously aroused by the end of 'Dream On' both times.

Del Murder
05-21-2010, 08:02 AM
No one hits that high note like Tyler though.

NorthernChaosGod
05-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Fuck Lady Gaga, go KISS.

Rachel did look really hot in her second Gaga outfit though. :drool:

Rye
05-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Finn got pwned by Kurt's dad. Yay! I hate Finn.

NorthernChaosGod
05-26-2010, 09:09 PM
I like Finn. :( I was expecting Kurt's dad to hit him or something.

VexNet
05-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Glee has been given an unexpected third season pick-up, it has been confirmed.

Entertainment Weekly reports that the musical comedy - which recently became the top scripted show among adult viewers - has impressed Fox bosses.

"In just one year, Glee has transcended the television landscape and emerged as a global pop culture phenomenon, said Peter Rice, Fox's entertainment chairman.

"Everything about Glee - from the concept to the characters to the marketing - has been innovative and risky, but with [series creator] Ryan Murphy tapping into the zeitgeist, the risk has paid off with this truly remarkable series," added Kevin Reilly, the network's entertainment president.

"Glee has one of the most active, devoted fan bases I've ever seen, and we couldnt be more thrilled to give Gleeks a third season of their favourite show."

Meanwhile, Ryan Murphy said of the show's success: "It's been a whirlwind year - from shooting the pilot to performing at the White House to the concert tour that began last week - and yet we all feel like we've just begun this amazing musical journey. We think our Gleeks worldwide are going to love what well have in store for them in seasons two and three."

Third Season confirmed and the First is not even finished! Pretty good!

We have a LOT more Glee to look forward to!

Del Murder
05-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Wow, that's pretty strange. I've never seen a show picked up for 2 more seasons before the first even ends.

NorthernChaosGod
05-27-2010, 06:37 PM
I heard about this the other day! I couldn't help but :jess:!

Shlup
05-27-2010, 09:07 PM
Go Kurt's dad! I feel bad for Finn 'cause I know his discomfort really stems from his new roomate having a crush on him, which I think is a reasonable thing to be uncomfortable about, and he expressed it poorly. I like Finn. But, still, that was an award winning tell-off by Kurt's dad. xP

I was less than impressed by the Gaga. Love Monster was awesome and had a lot more of the secondary cast, which I like. Santana kicked ass. Poker Face was boring though. If the two of them were going to randomly sing Gaga they should've done Paparazzi.

Oh, Other Asian (AKA PG) had a line! I saw it!

Miriel
05-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Other Asian AND Shaft both got lines! It was like a small miracle happened.

I wasn't really diggin' where they took the Mom/Daughter storyline. Like, wtf? Did these two seriously expect to be all lovey dovey perfect relationship right off that bat? Cause that's some strange naivete right there. It was all handled pretty weird I think.

The Gaga episode should have been amazing, but it really wasn't.

Shlup
05-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Agreed on all points. They were like "HEY HERE'S A TWIST FOR YOU, and now it's done k'bye." I thought the whole episode should've kept up with Love Monster, really. I get the boys wanting to do KISS instead so I forgive them, but I personally think KISS is lame. They're about as badass as The Wiggles.

NorthernChaosGod
05-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Well, Gaga is about as talented as a bowel movement. :colbert:

Shlup
05-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Suuuuure, keep telling yourself that.

NorthernChaosGod
05-28-2010, 01:36 AM
:bou::bou::bou::bou: sucks, Shlup. :doublecolbert:

Rye
05-28-2010, 01:42 AM
Oooh, Huxley would fight you if he had internet access right now. He's a total little monster, he loooooooves Lady Gaga.

Was kind of dissapoint with the Gaga episode myself. It should have been cooler. Needs more GAGA.

LunarWeaver
05-28-2010, 01:51 AM
Asian vampires are the most vicious of all vampires!

Miriel
06-02-2010, 06:10 AM
This episode made no god damn sense. At all.

What the fuck was that?

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-02-2010, 07:05 PM
It was definitely different...

Del Murder
06-02-2010, 08:17 PM
I thought it was hilarious. :D

Shlup
06-03-2010, 03:49 AM
This week I learned several new kinds of awkward and uncomfortable. Thanks, Glee!

Still, though... good stuff. xD

NorthernChaosGod
06-03-2010, 05:52 AM
I loved this episode. :love:

There should be more Queen.

Moon Rabbits
06-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Why is everyone hating on Finn for the whole Kurt situation? So he called him faggy when he was in a rage after Kurt has, for weeks, been manipulating Finn, Finn's mom, and his own dad so that he can put the moves on Finn.

I mean, Kurt is being a creepy manipulative little :bou::bou::bou::bou: imo.

Shlup
06-03-2010, 11:03 PM
I agree. Finn didn't rage out because Kurt is homo, he raged out because he got moved from the home he lived in with his father to be moved into a girly room with a dude who's been actively trying to bum him for months.

NorthernChaosGod
06-04-2010, 02:00 AM
I'm glad some of you are sane, rational people.

Del Murder
06-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Also, let's be honest, that lamp was pretty faggy.

blackmage_nuke
06-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Glee seems to find a way to ruin all my favourite characters. First Tina with "I was just f-f-faking it lol" and then you had Kurt's creepy stalker thing.

Atleast that guy who plays piano at the school is a pretty neat character :)
I hope he gets a line soon beyond *nod*. But seeing the current progression of cool characters he'll probably turn out to be a pedofile or something

Also I thought poker face was cute

NorthernChaosGod
06-04-2010, 02:58 PM
It's a show about high school kids, of course they're all going to be fucked up little :bou::bou::bou::bou:s.

LunarWeaver
06-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Why is everyone hating on Finn for the whole Kurt situation? So he called him faggy when he was in a rage after Kurt has, for weeks, been manipulating Finn, Finn's mom, and his own dad so that he can put the moves on Finn.

I mean, Kurt is being a creepy manipulative little :bou::bou::bou::bou: imo.

I have felt this way for far too long. This thing has dragged on forever. And nobody is calling him out on it! I was hoping his dad would turn on him and say something after yelling at Finn. He has the right to feel comfortable in his own room and Kurt hardly gave him any reason to feel that way.

Thankfully, I heard in season 2 Kurt has a boyfriend. I imagine all this will be completely discarded at that point.

Shlup
06-09-2010, 06:19 AM
This episode was different than the other ones... not as gleeful. I can't decide if that's good or bad.

Needed more Kurt, for one.

Why do they refuse to let Other Asian and Black Guy sing?!

Miriel
06-09-2010, 07:18 AM
Yeah, for a season finale it was pretty lackluster. But I love that they've finally integrated Other Asian and Black Guy more into the group.

I'm worried for them though cause next season is supposed to introduce more new cast members and I have a feeling those two will be pushed further into the background.

I used to like Schuester, but now he annoys me. He seriously is such a slut.

NorthernChaosGod
06-09-2010, 08:10 AM
I looooved this episode. The music was fucking amazing, I already have all the songs. :jess:

Who cares about Other Asian and Black Guy? JOURNEY AND QUEEN!!1!!

blackmage_nuke
06-09-2010, 09:09 AM
I never knew that child birth can be achieved in 6 minutes.

I liked the episode, the songs were good but to me it just felt like a bunch of scenes stringed together, something about it didnt flow for me.

Freya
06-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Journey and Queen were awesome! I felt it was a bit smashed together as well. I dunno this spring season there wasn't much for development on Emma. And this end thing just kinda threw her in there. I dunno the whole spring season was kinda meh to me and it showed in the finale. :/ BUT journey and queen!

Del Murder
06-09-2010, 06:51 PM
The back and forth during the child birth was pretty cool. Overall not really that great. Spring season was not as good as the fall. Sue is still hilarious though.

Shlup
06-09-2010, 10:23 PM
I used to like Schuester, but now he annoys me. He seriously is such a slut.
What's wrong with that?!

I never knew that child birth can be achieved in 6 minutes.
It happens.

Let's face it, Vocal Adrenaline was awesome. Jesse didn't quite pull off a Freddy Mercury, but the choreography was far, far superior to New Directions'.

NorthernChaosGod
06-09-2010, 10:24 PM
I fucking knew what was going to happen as I heard the beginning of Bohemian Rhapsody. Their number was superior, and I do think Jesse did pull of a rather nice Freddie Mercury.

Miriel
06-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Things I didn't like about the Finale:

The Shelby storyline. She was the one who schemed and manipulated so that she could have a chance to meet Rachel. And then once they meet, she's all, OH WAIT NEVERMIND. And When Rachel tries one more time to have some sort of relationship with her, she's rejected and Shelby hops along and gets a shiny brand new baby. Better than a teenage girl I guess?

Jessie/Rachel - No resolution at all! And no explaination about why Jessie went from a somewhat decent guy to a complete and utter jerk.

Pacing issues throughout the whole season which made the finale weird - Emma was on the backburner and now suddenly Will & Emma have a confrontation and he loves her? What? Finn dumps Rachel and then in the finale he tells her he loves her? What? Quinn was almost non-existent for the back 9 episodes and then all of a sudden her Mom shows up and it's like, "Wait, who is this lady?"

There were only 3 teams at regional? And if that was the case, wouldn't New Directions have been given 3rd? 3rd is placing isn't it?

Finn singing. *shudder*

I'm used to season finales having a cliff hanger. No cliff hanger?!

Things I liked:

The songs.
New Directions losing, it would have made zero sense for them to win over Vocal Adreneline
Jessie singing. Even though it was super unrealistic that he would just be belting out solos while the entire rest of VD just danced and popped in a harmony here and there, it was still nice to hear him sing. He was so under utilized while we was with New Directions.
Sue defending ND when outsiders started hating on them. Sue in general was awesome.

NorthernChaosGod
06-10-2010, 12:53 AM
OMG, I hella loved that Sue was defending NW. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw her ballot.

blackmage_nuke
06-10-2010, 01:06 AM
Things I didn't like about the Finale:

Jessie/Rachel - No resolution at all! And no explaination about why Jessie went from a somewhat decent guy to a complete and utter jerk.

Pacing issues throughout the whole season which made the finale weird - Emma was on the backburner and now suddenly Will & Emma have a confrontation and he loves her? What? Finn dumps Rachel and then in the finale he tells her he loves her? What? Quinn was almost non-existent for the back 9 episodes and then all of a sudden her Mom shows up and it's like, "Wait, who is this lady?"

There were only 3 teams at regional? And if that was the case, wouldn't New Directions have been given 3rd? 3rd is placing isn't it?

Jessie was pissed about that Run Joey Run thing and it looked like they made up but they didnt. (thats the only explanation for him being a jerk i can think of)

Will is a whore, Finn was trying to get back with Rachel since he dumped her but only suceeded when Jesse left, and it also took me a minute to recognise her mom.

For Sue you're number one or you're nothing :colbert:

Miriel
06-10-2010, 01:50 AM
Sue wasn't the one who said that Glee club had to place. That was the Principle, and they didn't have to get 1st place, they just had to get something. And it looked like they did get a trophy. Maybe it was a consolation trophy. :p

I would have actually preferred if the season ended with the glee club being disbanded, so that the new season could start by showing the repercussions of that and how the glee club kids are dealing. But that's just me.

And the Jessie will never make any sense. I know that they switched the episode orders around and deleted a lot of scenes with Jessie, but that's no excuse for poor writing.

Shlup
06-10-2010, 01:55 AM
Yeah, Jessie got jerked around too much and treated like a prop more than a character. He started out really cute! And he and Rachel actually have chemistry, where she and Finn absolutely do not.

And I really, really agree with you on the Rachel's Mom storyline--that did not make sense at all.

blackmage_nuke
06-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Another thing that didnt get resolved: Did Finn move back in with Kurt or is he living somewhere else now?

PeneloRatsbane
06-16-2010, 01:31 PM
I felt really sorry for Will when he started crying in the car, yeah he cries a lot but it always chokes me up. Could decide whether the glee clubs song to him was creepy or cute, i think it was a good mix of both.
Tina's facebook friend story was so sad, bless her.
Sue was pretty awesome, grinned so much when she voted for new directions and when she dissed "oral intensity"

Freya
06-29-2010, 05:17 PM
BIG SYNDICATION DEALS FOR 20TH TV: ‘Glee’ To Oxygen; ‘Modern Family’ To USA – Deadline.com (http://www.deadline.com/2010/06/big-syndication-deals-for-20th-tv-oxygen-gets-glee-usa-buys-modern-family/)

Glee got bought out for six figures and is going to be moving to the Oxygen channel come 2011. They plan to make a crap load of stuff off it. I kinda feel bad for the actors they are going to be strung so thin that they will hate their jobs and never want to act again. :(

NorthernChaosGod
06-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Noooooooooooo~!

Now I have to say I watch something on that God-forsaken network? UGH.

Del Murder
06-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Just for clarification, this is just for the syndication rights, and some spin-off shows/specials. Original Glee episodes will still be airing on FOX on a regular basis. :)

NorthernChaosGod
06-30-2010, 12:14 AM
Oh, I should probably read articles when they're posted then. :monster:

Haha.