PDA

View Full Version : truth or bull? (play it)

Mercen-X
04-13-2010, 06:01 PM
So, step 1 is to come up with a rumor. It can be anything as long as it sounds like it could be legit. This all has to do with Films and Television (maybe YouTube etc.) as we are in the Lounge.
Step 2 is for others to guess if the rumor is legit. Naturally, you don't have to look far on the net to find out. Best bet for legitimate rumors is to find ones that are obscure as at all possible and trying not to use definitive key words that could lead to it easily on the net.
Step 3: Whoever can come with the best legitimate reasons for why the rumor is truth or bull will be given the chance to post their own. Naturally, they can decline and let someone else post.
Anyone who contributes will have to tell whether the rumor is truth or bull by the third day after their post. I'm the exception as I want to make sure somebody contributes before I come out with it.

Here's the first rumor:

There will be a follow-up to the Phone Booth, a film which starred Colin Farrell as an arrogant publicist and Kiefer Sutherland as the mysterious sniper who apparently changes him.

The project is slated as "Another Phone Call" and will see the return of Kiefer Sutherland although the film's direct plot and Kiefer's role in the film are as of yet unknown.

It has been suggested that this film could likely be a prequel or side-story to the events of the original film, but this is merely speculation.

::: There ya go.

Croyles
04-16-2010, 02:17 AM
I say BULL!
Even though I really liked Phone Booth, I wouldn't even want there to be a sequel..

Mercen-X
04-16-2010, 09:33 PM
I was wondering if anyone would guess. I'm guessing that nobody actually cares. Yeah, you're right, it's bull. I just read a wiki thread on it and got "inspired" by Kiefer's last lines "you'll be hearing from me again."

That's right, I'm not even going to wait and see if someone else has a guess. That's how little faith I have in the appeal of this thread. It's dead. I don't even know why I bothered to make it.

Hollycat
04-16-2010, 09:35 PM
rumor: I am a cactuar

Croyles
04-16-2010, 09:42 PM
whatever Hypo....

Mercen-X, I think its a really good thread idea and dunno why it hasn't picked up. Can I do one now?

Mercen-X
04-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Why not? I'm not asking anyone to close the thread. And I'm going to say that Hypo's rumor is Truth. Either that or Hypo is an annoyingly loudmouthed fuzzy smelly Ottsel. lol.

Hollycat
04-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Ottsels mus die. You are correct.
Rumor: Al gore said he invented the internet. No googling!

Croyles
04-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Dust mostly consists of human skin.

Mercen-X
04-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Truth to Hypo. Al Gore claims to have invented everything. lol.
Truth to C. Though pollen and volcanic ash rank highly as well.

And Hypo, no more rumors until you guess someone else's correctly, yah?

Croyles
04-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Wrong. It is a huge myth. Human skin makes up about 1% of dust. Or less.

Hollycat
04-17-2010, 11:22 PM
And wrong, al gore didnt say that