PDA

View Full Version : Quetions about Pulse **Spoiler**

Divine_Strife
04-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Iv been in pulse for a while now iv done what i want to do in gran pulse now and i have just left for cocoon but there are a few major thing that are confusing me.

why is everything in ruins
why are there no people
please help.
im sorry if these questions have already been answered in other threads but i cant find any.

arcanedude34
04-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Dramatic convenience.

Cough.

Aerio
04-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Other's probably have a more clear idea of what happened than me, but from what I gathered 2 things contributed to the fall of Pulse civilization.

1) After the war with cocoon, the people of pulse turned to war with each other for resources.

2) Fal'Cie started turning the people of Pulse into L'cie at an increasingly higher rate as time went on.

In result, the people either killed each other off or were turned to l'cie. That is what I gathered from the analects at least.

kotora
04-14-2010, 01:07 AM
Because it was too much work to do it in HD.

VeloZer0
04-14-2010, 01:09 AM
Because it was too much work to do it in HD.

No.78
04-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Well, this part of Pulse is very close to Cocoon and a lot of the cities here would have been destroyed during the War of Transgression 500 years ago.

And people, why don't you try to answer this guys question rather than a snarky smart-ass comment? It's smurfing annoying.

Ezme
04-14-2010, 01:10 PM
What Aerio and No.78 said.

You find out absolutely tonnes about the history of Gran Pulse from the analectics. Why/who built coocon, why gran pulse is called gran pulse, fal-cie motivation. It's a shame it's not worked into the actual gameplay more. People keep crtisising the plot, holes and lack of development, and it's just a lot of it is in the datalog and most of the analectics aren't obtainable till post game.

arcanedude34
04-14-2010, 02:36 PM
What Aerio and No.78 said.

You find out absolutely tonnes about the history of Gran Pulse from the analectics. Why/who built coocon, why gran pulse is called gran pulse, fal-cie motivation. It's a shame it's not worked into the actual gameplay more. People keep crtisising the plot, holes and lack of development, and it's just a lot of it is in the datalog and most of the analectics aren't obtainable till post game.
Actually, the developers specifically said it was too much work to do in HD. Before the game was even released. So any excuse they come up with in-game is just a cop-out. Hell, in any other Final Fantasy there'd at least be a few survivors left to at least fill you in so you don't HAVE to trudge through the walls of text.

Plus, we ARE answering the question, we're just giving the real answers, not the games half-hearted hand waves.

Ezme
04-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Actually, the developers specifically said it was too much work to do in HD. Before the game was even released. So any excuse they come up with in-game is just a cop-out. Hell, in any other Final Fantasy there'd at least be a few survivors left to at least fill you in so you don't HAVE to trudge through the walls of text.

This is partly what I mean, it feels like they had to story, reasonably well developed, with less holes but then realised they couldn't fit it in but instead if re-writting/tweaking they bunged it in the datalog which I should think 1/2 people don't read.

arcanedude34
04-14-2010, 07:48 PM

This is partly what I mean, it feels like they had to story, reasonably well developed, with less holes but then realised they couldn't fit it in but instead if re-writting/tweaking they bunged it in the datalog which I should think 1/2 people don't read.
I don't want to do homework to enjoy the narrative of my game. Looking up obscure details to max the enjoyment of my game, sure, but to understand the plot at face value? Bad BAD Square!

Raistlin
04-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Actually, the developers specifically said it was too much work to do in HD. Before the game was even released. So any excuse they come up with in-game is just a cop-out.

I agree with this completely. It annoys me when I hear how much was eliminated due to the difficulty of doing that stuff in HD. I would prefer better gameplay and development to shiny graphics any day.

kotora
04-15-2010, 12:58 AM
And yet every other JPRG on the current consoles has towns in HD. It's not 'harder' to make towns in high resolution graphics, it just takes more time.

VeloZer0
04-15-2010, 01:12 AM
To be fair, being 'HD' is such a huge range as to almost be meaningless. Just because another game did it in 'HD' doesn't mean that it was even close to the same level of detail. I'm not one who notices these things, so I'm not going to comment on the relative level of detail of FFXIII's graphics, but even if both games are HD it could be just as well comparing apples to oranges.

As far as I am concerned graphics looking good is of the utmost priority. Graphics being of high technical detail is not. Art style is way, way, way more important than the technical level of detail. Ten years from now FFXIII's graphics will look like an antiquated relic. What is important or not is if it still looks good.

kotora
04-15-2010, 01:27 AM
Well that's what Square-Enix said anyway, which makes it a pretty bad excuse in itself.

Loony BoB
04-15-2010, 12:31 PM
They said there were no towns because it would have been hard to work it into HD or whatever.

They did not state that the reason there are no humans left in the playable areas of Pulse was because it would have been hard to work it into HD.
They did not state that the reason that the towns were all in ruins was because it would have been hard to work it into HD.

I can understand people using the quotes by developers to point out that traditional towns were avoided for the sake of graphics, but if people are going to start saying that the entire story was changed and giving our fellow users misinformation because they're still pissy about not liking the game then they are heading towards being banned from this forum. I'm sick of every damned thread turning into a discussion about tha damned quote.

ANGRYWOLF
04-15-2010, 05:25 PM
that's an insufficient reason to ban anyone from a forum imo.

People do tend to be repetitious in expressing their opinions.

and of course threads tend to ..oh how can I say it..float away from their original purpose.

I suppose as time goes by we'll learn more about Pulse. Maybe someone will write a wiki about it.I haven't looked for one.

Too..maybe we'll learn something from all the downloadable content Square has, stuff they didn't have room for in the game that I presume will be available to us at some point.

:)

demondude
04-15-2010, 05:29 PM
When expressing opinions is just constant whining I think it is acceptable.

ANGRYWOLF
04-15-2010, 05:34 PM
defining the term whining is itself a matter of opinion.

Imagine how boring things would be if all always agreed on everything.

Final Fantasy XIII - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII)

I presume as time goes by more will be added to the wiki and I hope it will help to answer more of the questions.:D

Loony BoB
04-15-2010, 05:51 PM
It should be noted that when I say banned from this forum, I mean the FFXIII forum, not EoFF in it's entirity. It is correct that expressing an opinion is obviously allowed, however some people around here are seemingly incapable of avoiding expressing that opinion regardless of what the topic of the thread is. From what I understand, some of them have not even played the game at all, but still spend more than half of their time at EoFF posting in this forum about how much they don't like this game. I am perfectly okay with people bringing up their grievances with the game in appropriate threads, however when it starts to occur in other threads where the topic is not to do with what is and is not included in the game, then it is not only off-topic posting (and in this thread's case, providing inaccurate information) but in some cases could be considered trolling, which in itself is against the forum rules.

If anyone has any further complaints regarding this, can they please bring them up in the Feedback forums rather than in this thread - I'll delete any further posts that are off-topic in this thread (that also means replies to this post - please post replies in the Feedback forums!).