PDA

View Full Version : You Fix the Plot! [SPOILERS]

VeloZer0
04-14-2010, 01:28 AM
This is not a thread for people to debate if the plot was good or not. For the sake of argument we are assuming it isn't.

So, you don't like the plot of FFXIII? Now is your chance to shine. Pick a chapter to start off at and write what changes you would have made to 'fix' it. Welcoming all humorous and serious replies.

Goldenboko
04-14-2010, 01:32 AM
Chapter 1. Instead of becoming l'Cie they all die. The end. :)

kotora
04-14-2010, 01:41 AM
First of all I'd write all the retards out of the party. That means Vanille, Hope and Snow are to be replaced by non-annoying characters. Fang and Lightning get to make out halfway through the game.

And then I'd have to write an entirely new storyline which just seems like too much effort. But if I made the game, there'd be townz and an explorable world map.

I Don't Need A Name
04-14-2010, 01:42 AM
Chapter 13. They actually explain properly why the world doesn't implode when Orphan dies!

No.78
04-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Serah isn't crystallized she just dies/becomes a Cie'th, then Snow forms a romance with Lightning.

or

The main cast don't de-crystallize at the end. They just stay frozen and it ends with Serah and Dajh bein' all like D:

Ezme
04-14-2010, 01:48 PM
As much as I do like sazh, (him and the catcuars has to be the funniest bit in the game) I'd have him follow through with killing himself. I was genuinely shocked when I though he was dead (I had to stop playing at that save so spent the day going "oh my god!") and was kinda dissapointed that he lived. I think it would have been a great twist and given the party motivation, to avenge him etc. It's been what, 13years since we had a death?

I also wouldn't have had them de crystalise either, I would have liked a game or short film set, say, 10, 50, 100 years in the future with some new threat but we get to see how humans are getting on, starting with one or more of them decrytalising. The second game would also be able to build on the now established game mechanics and as such there could be towns, or at least the re-build oerba. Or just the ending cinematic being in the future, when everything settled, again seeing how humans coping without fal-cie "help."

seiferalmasy2
04-14-2010, 02:04 PM
no, FFX had a death (if you just pretend FFX-2 didn't happen which I do)

Ezme
04-14-2010, 02:11 PM
It's not really a death even if you don't consider X-2 as in the closing cinematic tidus reunites with jecht, braska, aauron on the farplane. Anyway, he wasn't "alive" per-se

VeloZer0
04-14-2010, 02:15 PM
A main character death in the conclusion of the game is way different from a death in the middle of the game.

No.78
04-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Reddas in FF12?

Ezme
04-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Argh... ummmm.... He's not a main charecter!

Lol, ok maybe I didn't think my statement out well enough but I hope you get what I mean! lol

seiferalmasy2
04-14-2010, 07:56 PM
It's not really a death even if you don't consider X-2 as in the closing cinematic tidus reunites with jecht, braska, aauron on the farplane. Anyway, he wasn't "alive" per-se

The game makes it clear that those who go to the farplane are simply gone. In any event he has died in life and never again walk as a human, X-2 is a retcon. The fayth actually dreamed jecht and Tidus up and since they stopp ed dreaming at the end and effectively died, yes Tidus is pretty much dead in every sense of the word. The final scene is prob more than likely symbolic, and even if there is an afterlife...he is still dead.

Hollycat
04-14-2010, 08:01 PM
I vote lightning wears a cactuar costume, thatd be great

arcanedude34
04-14-2010, 08:17 PM
I'd probably give the people of Cocoon some redeeming qualities besides being hateful, xenophobic morons who I WANT to die. And give the fal'Cie an actual plan rather than just "Do stuff and hope Orphan ends up dead"

I'd also remove Fang's six seconds of mutiny. Oh, sorry, twelve, forgot she does it again on Pulse. -.-

Maybe I'd have Vanille get killed by one of the many people who rightly want to do so by the end of the game for royally screwing them over so much.

I'd give more substance to the eidolons. What are they? Do they fal'Cie assign them? Are they fal'Cie sympathetic to the l'Cie plight? Random monsters that operate in a Pokemon "beat me up, I'll be your friend" mentality? What?

I would change it so that the party doesn't fight Oprah for no reason, knowing that doing so would be the certain death of everyone and just kinda banking on a Deus Ex Machina popping out of nowhere to save them. Maybe one of your party members as Ragnarok would have made a good boss, you get to choose which one and the ending changes accordingly.

demondude
04-14-2010, 09:08 PM
^I wish the party did fight Oprah.

Hollycat
04-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Oprah would summon Mical jackson and wed all die

demondude
04-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Apart from Hope, who would go to a happier place.

Hollycat
04-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Ok, lets make it that all of those elephant things are itty bitty, the sumons are all fat people like rosie o donel, and Lightning has an inflatable sword

demondude
04-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Now you're talking.

Ezme
04-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Ok, ok, so I'll give you tidus, but as someone else said a "death" at the end of the game isn't the same as in the middle!

Oh I'd also have the frocobo turn out to be the super eidolon or the like :love::D

EDT: I thought of something else, I'd have hope get his Eidolon in palumpolum too, it just makes more sence