PDA

View Full Version : Chainsaw Vs. Bum Rush

Wolf Kanno
04-14-2010, 06:19 AM
I don't think I need to say more...

Okay, so maybe I do. :eep:

Between the two overly broken moves, which do you think is better and why?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-14-2010, 06:21 AM
Drill.

It requires no special command input, consumes nothing, easily does four nines by game's end, and has no chance of attempting an instant-death attack that might fail.

Vermachtnis
04-14-2010, 06:34 AM
Chainsaw, cause in the normal animation he spins.

VeloZer0
04-14-2010, 06:43 AM
I always used to play on an SNES emulator. I first started the series on FFVII for the PC, so I got used to the num-pad controls it defaults to. Funny thing about num-pad controls is that there are 8 buttons, allowing you to map a key to all eight directions.
Or also known as 100% success on blitz inputs.

Having chainsaw miss on instant death did piss me off as well. Not to mention that the chainsaw is a much larger hassle to get once you know where Duncan's house is.

EDIT: There are twice as many posts in this thread as votes in the poll.

Fynn
04-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Bum Rush. Just choosing Chainsaw in the menu is way to boring. Bum Rush is broken but at least you carry it out. It gives you this sense of satisfaction. Your pushing the buttons in the right order breaks the game. Awesome :cool:

blackmage_nuke
04-14-2010, 10:27 AM
I'll have to say bum rush. I dislike the fail death attempts though I get a few incorect blitz inputs occaisionally. Also theres a nice scene to obtain bum rush. However on the other hand, the chainsaw is a citizen of zozo...

Flying Mullet
04-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Yo! Bum Rush the Show! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo!_Bum_Rush_the_Show) (I always think of this when I read Bum Rush)

I always found Bum Rush more efficient and relatively easy to perform, especially once I learned that you can tap the directional arrows instead of having to move your thumb in one continuous movement.

Mo-Nercy
04-14-2010, 01:53 PM
I like the idea of Chainsaw more. It's just so random and out of place. Bum Rush is a little more effective in-game, of course, but the name sucks too much for me to give it the vote.

Should've gone with Ass Ram or something.

No.78
04-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Chainsaw more powerful, but Sabin. COME AWN.

Also, innuendo.

Hot Shot
04-15-2010, 08:47 PM
I dunno, I like both moves and characters. So I voted for Gogo can use both. I know I am sitting on the fence, but that is my honest opinion.

Jiro
04-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Bum Rush. When Edgar has the chance to put on a mask and conceal his beautiful face, there is a failed move right there.

Inferno
04-21-2010, 06:56 PM
I always found Bum Rush more efficient and relatively easy to perform, especially once I learned that you can tap the directional arrows instead of having to move your thumb in one continuous movement.

Wow, 15 years later, I learn this.

arcanedude34
04-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Pfft. Quick+Ultima, Ultima+Ultima, Ultima+Ultima. No contest. Or Master Scroll + Genji Glove.

ljkkjlcm9
04-22-2010, 02:21 AM
Pfft. Quick+Ultima, Ultima+Ultima, Ultima+Ultima. No contest. Or Master Scroll + Genji Glove.

or Imp Shadow
or Psycho Cyan.... even better

THE JACKEL

arcanedude34
04-22-2010, 03:22 AM

or Imp Shadow
or Psycho Cyan.... even better

THE JACKAL
Nah, too much effort to set up

blackmage_nuke
04-22-2010, 03:59 AM
Vanish+Doom

Jiro
04-22-2010, 12:02 PM

Wow, 15 years later, I learn this.

I feel even more elite now, because I always realised this.

Flying Mullet
04-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Well I'm not as elite as you because I learned this 3-4 years ago. :p

Rebellious Eagle
04-22-2010, 10:24 PM
I like the Chainsaw, because it sometimes OHKOs enemies. >:D
(and because Edgar looks cool in a Jason mask)

*Laurelindo*
04-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Bum Rush, because it's more fun to use and kinda looks cooler.

But if you want a truly beefed-up party then these strategies rule:

LOCKE - AtmaWeapon/ValiantKnife, Offering, Genji Glove
EDGAR - AutoCrossbow, double Aura Lances, Genji Glove, Black Belt
SABIN - Air Blade, double Tiger Fangs, Genji Glove Black Belt
CYAN - Stunner, double Tempests, Genji Glove, Black Belt

This setup is INSANE if you boost their Vigor and/or Mag.Pwr accordingly.

DarkOrigins
05-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Does anyone find it weird that Edgar has characteristics of both Jason and Freddy KRUGERZZZZ! (*cough) Edgar puts on a mask and becomes a chainsaw murderer, and he is also a paedophile like Freddy. In a cartoony style game. Hmm. I feel a Giygas moment.