PDA

View Full Version : Fallout: New Vegas

Jiro
04-14-2010, 02:01 PM
My shiny Hyper mag here has a little section on this game. Apparently going to be a joint Obsidian/Bethesda project, set in (obviously) the ruins of Las Vegas.

Also apparently you are not a vault dweller (!) but instead a courier who gets wounded and left for dead by some randoms and a robot named Victor helps you out.

Three factions: New Vegas, The New California Republic and Caesar's Legion Slavers.

Ok discuss.

Aurey
04-14-2010, 02:17 PM
I am excite.

Aerith's Knight
04-14-2010, 02:26 PM
As long as the 50's music is still there, so will I. :)

G13
04-14-2010, 03:00 PM
I haven't seen anything on this game, just heard about it from some friends. I can't wait though. Not being a Vault dweller this time around sounds pretty interesting.

Madame Adequate
04-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Also note that neither Vegas nor the Hoover Dam every got nuked, so the place has plenty of power.

NCR fgj I will support them to the end.

Araciel
04-14-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm there.

Slick
04-14-2010, 06:05 PM
I honestly can't wait to see what new changes they add to this title. Hopefully they'll bring back some things from Fallout 2 and the original.

Shoeberto
04-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Sounds wonderful. Fallout 3 took the original concept and tried to modernize it, and it seems like this is using the successes of that to push the series forward. I approve whole-heartedly.

Jiro
04-14-2010, 11:36 PM
The article says that, from the concept art, the city looks like an updated New Reno.

Also, your skills have more of an impact in dialogue. For instance, a quote from the article: "Got a runny nose, you say? Well, I'm a SCIENTIST, and I can tell you the solution to that problem is to give me all your money. Hooray for SCIENCE!" So I think you get the picture.

Psychotic
04-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Enclave radio or gtfo.

Fonzie
04-15-2010, 12:24 AM
I loved the last game so I'm sure I'll love this almost exactly duplicated game as Fallout 3 is, just as much.

Madame Adequate
04-15-2010, 12:01 PM
The article says that, from the concept art, the city looks like an updated New Reno.

Also, your skills have more of an impact in dialogue. For instance, a quote from the article: "Got a runny nose, you say? Well, I'm a SCIENTIST, and I can tell you the solution to that problem is to give me all your money. Hooray for SCIENCE!" So I think you get the picture.

Bethesda's... peerless, shall we say, writing team at it again.

Enclave radio or gtfo.

Agreed 100% Enclave Radio is the greatest part of the game. I do what John Henry Eden asks because he is a great President and his voice gives me a little tingle in my spine :colbert: And the best music is on Enclave too!

Psychotic
04-16-2010, 07:17 PM
I love it because I was fighting a couple of Raiders. They just had some :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty tire irons or something and the outcome was never in doubt. Then I realised I had blundered into a trap and I was being spammed by all manner of ungodly weapons (including missile launchers! Fun for all the family!) from all angles, high, low, behind me, everywhere.

And then, in the melee as I eat several missiles, get crippled and face certain death, a song from my youth blares out.

YouTube - wcw jim duggan theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLv5AjI_rk8)

The man in question is Hacksaw Jim Duggan, a crazy redneck who loves to hit people with a 2x4, wave Old Glory and scream "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" and my immediate thought was that he had come to my aid. And my god what a beautiful few moments they were. Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs an army of raiders. He would've beasted them all.

It was actually an Enclave Eyebot, spewing its laser at them and it helped me to eventually win. Either way, from that moment on I loved the Enclave and their wonderful radio broadcasts.

Quindiana Jones
04-16-2010, 07:42 PM
This game has yet to be released, but I already know I've bought all the DLC.

Also: hick jibbery over smooth 50s jazz? Are you lot mental?

Psychotic
04-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Jazz sucks, so yeah. Plus, smurf Three Dog, he is the worst DJ ever. President Eden forever. Plus Enclave radio isn't hick, it's just patriotic marching band music, which fits the feel of Fallout a lot better than crappy Jazz. Hick music is banjos and :bou::bou::bou::bou: like you hear in the Point Lookout trailer.

World on Fire is the only exception to all of this.

Madame Adequate
04-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Yeah the main themes for all three main Fallout games have been perfect but Enclave Radio is just absolutely beautiful and whilst I obeyed President Eden to the letter I absolutely baseball batted Three Dog in the head and it was pretty funny hearing his assistant just say "So here's news from the was... oh never mind, here's some music because some asshole shot our DJ"

fgj

Shoeberto
04-17-2010, 01:18 AM
Yeah the main themes for all three main Fallout games have been perfect but Enclave Radio is just absolutely beautiful and whilst I obeyed President Eden to the letter I absolutely baseball batted Three Dog in the head and it was pretty funny hearing his assistant just say "So here's news from the was... oh never mind, here's some music because some asshole shot our DJ"

fgj
I wish they'd recorded more dialog for her, because what few awkward lines she delivered were hilarious.

Laddy
04-18-2010, 07:44 PM
I will again exploit my hemophobia by constantly and unequivocably aim for the chest for each and every shot! :D Can't wait!

Jings
04-19-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm one of the few people who isn't crazy about Fallout 3 it seems, although I'll admit that Enclave Radio is pretty cool. That's not to say I don't enjoy the game, I've been playing it on and off since it came out and it's entertaining enough. It just doesn't feel like Fallout to me though, and I can't put my finger on why that is.

Hopefully New Vegas will have the atmosphere of the original games, with lots and lots of dialogue. I want to be a loyal citizen of the New California Republic too...

RIP President Tandi.

Madame Adequate
04-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Nooooo it didn't even occur to me that Tandi would be dead by now :(

Jings
04-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Well she was no spring chicken last time we saw her. I fear the worst :(

Madame Adequate
04-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah it is inevitable :( Hart = braked

Laddy
04-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Taaaaanddiiiiii T^T

G13
04-20-2010, 12:10 PM

fgj

This must be in the PC because I literally emptied all my clips into that bastard and he just told me to cut it out.

Madame Adequate
04-20-2010, 12:18 PM

fgj

This must be in the PC because I literally emptied all my clips into that bastard and he just told me to cut it out.

Seriously? :o I'm pretty sure some of the guys with the 360 version have done him in.

Psychotic
04-20-2010, 02:55 PM
Yup, I turned him into a blob of glowing green goo on the console version.

Crop
04-20-2010, 06:46 PM
He caught me stealing so I had to bash his head in with a baseball bat.
I liked the music though, Enclave radio was laaaaame.

Really looking forward to this new one though, I'll probably get it the day it comes out. It's a shame you don't start in a vault though, I always liked the idea of coming out to this land you never knew of. First coming out of 101 was one of my favourite gaming moments.