PDA

View Full Version : Disney XD is replacing The Spectacular Spider-Man with Ultimate Spider-Man...

The Fat Bioware Nerd
04-14-2010, 04:36 PM
That's why there wasn't a pickup for season three. The Spectacular Spider-Man is gonna fade away into obscurity just because Disney XD wants it's own Spider-Man show.

If Marvel had half a brain they would save The Spectacular Spider-Man by moving it over to Cartoon Network or Nick Toons if they can. But that's probably not gonna happen.

Shoeberto
04-14-2010, 04:39 PM
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if five total voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

KentaRawr!
04-14-2010, 05:00 PM
I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if five total voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/KenYocin/horton-hears-a-who_1.jpg

The Fat Bioware Nerd
04-14-2010, 05:56 PM

I could say the same thing about old school Star Wars fans and their reaction to the prequel trilogy.

Del Murder
04-14-2010, 05:57 PM
This show was still airing? I couldn't find it after the first season. As Spidey series go, this was my second favorite after the old Fox cartoon in the 90s.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
04-14-2010, 06:11 PM
:(
This show was still airing? I couldn't find it after the first season. As Spidey series go, this was my second favorite after the old Fox cartoon in the 90s.

It was airing on Disney XD (formerly Toon Disney) for a while but after the season two finale Disney or Sony or whoever the hell grants a pickup for a new season wouldn't let the creators finish their show.

And with the announcement of Ultimate Spider-Man: The Animated Series it seems like Disney XD is gonna leave The Spectacular Spider-Man behind. And Marvel isn't gonna do a damn thing about it.

By the way I completely understand why you didn't watch season two. Disney XD didn't promote the heck out of The Spectacular Spider-Man so that's probably why you missed it. The only reason why I saw it when it originally aired is because I'm a couch potato!:D

Sadly it looks like The Spectacular Spider-Man: Animated Series is gonna fall to the wayside just like the 1993 Sonic The Hedgehog cartoon. :( I guess Spectacular Spider-Man and Sonic were too good to last...:(

Del Murder
04-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Well I don't even think I get that channel. Maybe the new series will be good.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
04-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Well I don't even think I get that channel. Maybe the new series will be good.

If you don't get that channel then you won't see Ultimate Spider-Man because it's on Disney XD too. :|

Del Murder
04-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Bah!

The Fat Bioware Nerd
04-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Bah!

I know how you feel but if you have Cartoon Network and Nick Toons then you won't be left out in the cold if you want something to quell your superhero cartoon fix. Go watch Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Wolverine and the X-Men or Iron Man: Armored Adventures.

Del Murder
04-14-2010, 07:04 PM
I cannot watch a Batman cartoon where Kevin Conroy is not the voice.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
04-14-2010, 07:24 PM
I cannot watch a Batman cartoon where Kevin Conroy is not the voice.

Diedrich Bader kind of sounds like Kevin Conroy if Conroy was doing an Adam West impersonation. And there's a couple of episodes where Kevin Conroy is actually involved case in point "The Super Batman of Planet X!" and "Chill of the Night!"