PDA

View Full Version : Monsters in Chapter 11 are MEAN

Imperfectionist
04-15-2010, 05:38 PM
So i'm in Chapter 11, in the Archylte Steppe. Am I supposed to be able to beat the Behemoths and those huge elephant things?

I haven't just arrived by the way, i've been levelling up and re-attempting but I just get destroyed every time.

Help me please :(

demondude
04-15-2010, 05:39 PM
The huge elephant things will be too hard for you right now.

Mirage
04-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Short answer: No.
Long answer:Avoid things you can't beat and find a cave somewhere. That's where you're supposed to go.

Imperfectionist
04-15-2010, 05:49 PM
Ooooh thanks guys :)

Garnie
04-15-2010, 07:17 PM
you know what i was told that this place is good for leveling up, which is true....IF YOU CAN SURVIVE!!!

This game is starting to annoy me..... :/

Wolf Kanno
04-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Avoid the massive monsters but if you want to fight Behemoths, make sure you always sneak up on them cause it will be awhile before you can go toe to toe with them. Do some of the Mark Hunts and explore a little. Also, ignore any of the Paradigm roles that your characters unlocked in Chapter 10 as most members kinda suck at those roles and they are horribly expensive. Not to mention the stat bonuses they offer are negligible compared to their primary roles.

You may want to grind for awhile, until you are at least able to fight the smaller of the 4 leg walkers...

Mo-Nercy
04-15-2010, 10:28 PM
I did some marks to add some spice to my grinding. I only did about 4-5 before I moved onto the next area though.

The next area's monsters actually pay out the same, if not more, Crystogen points than the ones in the Archylte Steppe.

PaulinasKnight
04-15-2010, 10:36 PM
I did Marks 1-2. Mark 3 directs you back to where you came from (Where Hope beat Alexander). Just keep going and you'll reach this area called Yasch something (I can't spell it for the life of me). Anyhow, the monsters there are much more friendly than the ones in the open space and there are more Marks that you can do. Granted, the monsters are still difficult and there are some King Behemoths, but eventually I was able to level up my characters to a decent level where not even the King Behemoths are a problem to me anymore. :) )

Good luck and hope this was helpful.

crazybayman
04-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Sneak up on the Behemoths, to get a preemptive strike. This almost fills the stagger gauge, so you can get them staggered them on the next turn or 2. Then switch to COM-COM-COM and go nuts.

But yeah, I can't even come close to taking on those dinosaur things yet, either.

Garnie
04-22-2010, 08:30 PM
You know what. I just got to chapter 12 and i still cant kill the king behemoths. Hate them with a thousand suns >:/

Mo-Nercy
04-23-2010, 12:05 AM
I've just halted my progress in Chapter 11 because I had a hankering for some marks (and Chocobo Riding) so I went all the way back to the steppe and picked it up again. I can beat Behemoths quite easily now, though the Adaman-monsters are still too tough.

Chapter 11 is awesome fun.

Future Esthar
04-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Reached Titanīs trials.
Already completed three trials.
I really hate Tonberry and am still thinking on a good strategy to beat 3XTonberry.
This certainly were the worst monsters after the Adamantine.

ChickenHeart
04-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Head back to the valis media camp, and follow the path where you found hope, not too hard there

Ammy
04-26-2010, 04:47 AM
Been CP grinding for hours in Ch. 11 and am trying to max-out everyone's crystarium (as far as it can go at this point). Good call?

I've been having a load of trouble with the King Behemoths too.

theundeadhero
04-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Everyone should be able to max out a role by the time you get to the top to Taejin's Tower and that's all you really need, but it doesn't hurt to be stronger.