PDA

View Full Version : You're too "ill" for college but not to go out boozing? Yes, correct.

Zeldy
04-16-2010, 08:58 PM
I stayed off college today with my Mummy's permission. She doesn't know that I took Monday and Wednesday off without her permission, so my college will be very :colbert: about my attendance but they can DO ONE.

To be fair, I really shouldn't go out tomorrow night but if I do - I won't be drinking (much) as I'm on anti-biotics for my throat.

I finally went to the doctors with it today, I simply thought I could "fight it off" but how wrong I was. 2 bottles of horribly strong Covonia cough medicine later, a gazillion cough sweets, countless paracetamol and my mum keeps forcing hot lemon and honey drinks down me. Oh and I don't know HOW MUCH water I've drank which is so unlike me! but yeah, gave in and went the doctors and I have a high temperature (38.5 he said) and my right lung isn't sounding good. I'm booked in for an x-ray on Monday, I'm on anti-biotics and I have to go back and see him on Friday. WHAT IS UP WITH MEEE
x-posted on LJ.

Topic: what do you do with yourself when you're "too ill" for college or work? I personally felt sorry for myself, lounged in my pyjamas, watched miami ink and lots of episodes of Friends and then completed Call Of Duty, all when I should be sat in Sociology!

Rye
04-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Miami Ink is a great show! I just found out it's showing over in the UK now, since Hux's mommy loves it too. XD

I don't like to sit around the house when I'm sick. I usually go out and do something anyway. But if I'm REALLY sick, I stick with the PJs and watch illegally pirated movies and TV shows and eat lots of cheesy toast.

Hollycat
04-16-2010, 09:02 PM
booze is bad for me

Jessweeee♪
04-16-2010, 09:02 PM
I just stay nice and comfy in my bed with the lights off and do what I usually do when I have no plans to go anywhere.

Zeldy
04-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Miami Ink is a great show! I just found out it's showing over in the UK now, since Hux's mommy loves it too. XD

I'm obsessed with Miami Ink, LA Ink and London Ink (not as much) :) Miami has been showing for awhile, the other two are recent!

If I'm really really sick (like physically being sick) I call for my Dad to make me hot diluted water and scrambled egg in a cup! Oh and a bucket :|

Quindiana Jones
04-16-2010, 09:06 PM
For the record, Z, when you're at college you can just call in sick yourself. I sent countless emails to my teachers with some lie or another so I could fuck around for a day. :D

NorthernChaosGod
04-16-2010, 10:19 PM
You need your mother's permission to stay home from college? o_O

Zeldy
04-16-2010, 10:36 PM

Yes? I can't just be like "Yeah I don't fancy college today" as they'll drop kick my ass. :| My college is more like a school though, it's the type to ring home and check why you're not in.

Tavrobel
04-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Well, if you're getting a BA, you'd be learning more staying out of class.

ERR I MEAN YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BE IN CLASS ALWAYS BAD ZELDY

Yes? I can't just be like "Yeah I don't fancy college today" as they'll drop kick my ass. :| My college is more like a school though, it's the type to ring home and check why you're not in.

Just tell them you have a hangover.

black orb
04-16-2010, 10:48 PM
Topic: what do you do with yourself when you're "too ill" for college or work?
>>> I take my secret medicine..:luca:

Quindiana Jones
04-16-2010, 10:49 PM
I used to turn up late to lectures and get out of it with a simple "Fucking heroin, man".

Philosophy teachers are awesome. xD

Sucks that you can't just phone it in yourself, Z. Some of my favourite days would be me going to college, deciding that I don't want to go to lectures, and then spending the entire day with my friends.

Madame Adequate
04-16-2010, 10:54 PM

UK College =/= US College. It's not a university.

Raistlin
04-16-2010, 11:04 PM
I am almost never "too sick" for work; I just suck it up and keep working. My commitment to classes tends to be more relaxed, but depends on a number of other factors. The bottom line is I have to be really sick for me to stay in just because of illness. I ignore my own pain and discomfort to a fault.

Aerith's Knight
04-16-2010, 11:13 PM
I haven't stayed home sick in 8 years, and that time I was bedridden with a high fever.

Breine
04-16-2010, 11:57 PM
If I'm too sick to go to work/school I stay in my PJs, watch movies and play video games. Either that, or watch lots of crap on TV.

I can't remember the last time I was too sick to go anywhere, though.

Chris
04-17-2010, 12:09 AM
I stay home and watch "Days of Our Lives" (or "Touched by an Angel" <3) all morning. Then, when I've convinced myself that I've had my fill, I put on some more clothes and drag myself out to grab a bite to eat. I don't like to cook myself when I'm sick, I feel inexplicitly unclean.

Fonzie
04-17-2010, 03:04 AM
When I'm sick I usually just catch up on me sleeps and maybe start up the old 360 for Fallout 3. :p

Jess
04-17-2010, 11:30 AM
I usually just get on with it. I don't like taking time off work, because I'm busy all the time and if I took time off sick even more work would build up and I'd just explode from stress when I got back to work. I usually just take some drugs and go into work anyway.

If I do take the day off, I just get plenty of sleep & water.

Madame Adequate
04-17-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm normally pretty determined about going to class, I hardly missed anything at undergrad. Here at Reading the place is so depressing and crap that I care a lot less so I've missed a fair chunk of days. Usually Rye and I would take advantage of that and go do something fun.

Mo-Nercy
04-17-2010, 12:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/monercy/sickday.jpg

Rye
04-17-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm normally pretty determined about going to class, I hardly missed anything at undergrad. Here at Reading the place is so depressing and crap that I care a lot less so I've missed a fair chunk of days. Usually Rye and I would take advantage of that and go do something fun.

'spoons and the mall! That was the best of times. =O

Loony BoB
04-19-2010, 12:29 PM
I take sick days if I'm doing more than just the odd cough/nose-blowing/sneezing. Basically as soon as it hits "I'm not going to be able to walk down the hallway without blowing my nose" or "I'm coughing so much it hurts" or "I'm actually coughing stuff up... urgh" then I stay home. As I've done for the past four working days. I hope to be back at work tomorrow, though.

Denmark
04-19-2010, 12:44 PM
I usually go to class; my decision rarely depends on my physical well-being. If I decide to not attend certain classes, the only repercussions are lack of an education for the day. Typically this decision arises from a general ennui that often accompanies the class, the feeling that I may be more productive outside of the lecture room, or simple fatigue. More often than not, the ladyfriend with whom I am often sharing a bed has some influence on my class attendance, far less than I on hers.

Momiji
04-19-2010, 01:15 PM
If I'm simply not feeling well, I'll go to class, regardless of how I feel. I can't afford to miss anything!

However, if I'm really sick, you couldn't break my grip on my bed with a crowbar. Go away.

Doomie
04-21-2010, 04:52 AM
Drinking sucks anyway.

Whenever my alarm would go off because I had to wake up for class, I'd spend five minutes coming up with reasons why not to go, before falling back asleep. That's just because I'm lazy, or the course is useless. I very rarely stay home from work. That only happened twice in the past three years. I stayed home the day after I got mugged, and for a week when I had H1N1.

Usually if I can moderately cope with being sick, I'll go for a run, in order to get the adrenaline flowing. Then I'll probably go to a sauna. Those things are awesome.

kotora
04-21-2010, 11:39 AM
I never to go lectures/class because there's no point to it. I'll pick up ten words at best and be bored out of my mind the rest of the two hours. Hardly worth the effort of travelling all the way to uni.