PDA

View Full Version : Double KO?

SuperMillionaire
04-16-2010, 10:05 PM
What happens when a double KO occurs? (A double KO is when both fighters run out of HP at the same time.) What are the rules for deciding who the winner is?

Sephiroth
04-16-2010, 10:07 PM
The character with more Brave Points wins.

black orb
04-16-2010, 10:09 PM
>>> Never happened to me..:luca:

SuperMillionaire
04-16-2010, 10:11 PM
You mean the character who had the higher amount of bravery, and therefore dealt the higher brave damage, wins.

And what if both characters dealt the exact same bravery points?

Sephiroth
04-16-2010, 10:13 PM
You mean the character who had the higher amount of bravery, and therefore dealt the higher brave damage, wins.

And what if both characters dealt the exact same bravery points?

Indeed I mean that. And I have seen another youtube video as well were it was the case.

Indeed that's a really good question. This has never happened to me. But then I think the winner is chosen randomly.

Or the PlayStation is confused and destroys itself.

SuperMillionaire
04-16-2010, 10:14 PM
I've seen quite a number of videos showcasing double KOs on YouTube. Just search for "dissidia double ko".

Sephiroth
04-16-2010, 10:16 PM
I've seen quite a number of videos showcasing double KOs on YouTube. Just search for "dissidia double ko".

That's nice but I don't know why you tell me this. I have posted that I have watched a youtube video as well.

Maybe you just haven't read my edited post.

SuperMillionaire
04-16-2010, 10:18 PM
I didn't see that edit until now.

So I have to wonder: why didn't they put some sort of "sudden death" round in there?

Sephiroth
04-16-2010, 10:18 PM
I didn't see that edit until now.

So I have to wonder: why didn't they put some sort of "sudden death" round in there?

I don't know. Let's ask them.

SuperMillionaire
04-16-2010, 10:20 PM
I suppose they weren't thinking about that when they made the game.

black orb
04-16-2010, 10:24 PM
>>> Now that i think of it I have had a couple of double ko battles but the computer always wins..:luca:
I dont know what happens if you are playing against another person.

SuperMillionaire
04-16-2010, 10:27 PM
>>> Now that i think of it I have had a couple of double ko battles but the computer always wins..:luca:
I dont know what happens if you are playing against another person.

In the case of you fighting against another player, whoever dealt the higher brave damage wins, unless of course you both have the exact same amount of bravery, which I don't know what happens from there, since the game doesn't have a "tie-breaker round" feature...

Skyblade
04-16-2010, 10:41 PM
The person who had the highest HP before the hits landed? The person with the highest base bravery or base HP? No clue. It could be anything. I doubt that is going to be a super common case though.

Hollycat
04-17-2010, 02:53 AM
I saw a guy who hacked it 4 4 players and 3 got noked out at once

SuperMillionaire
04-17-2010, 06:32 PM
The person who had the highest HP before the hits landed? The person with the highest base bravery or base HP? No clue. It could be anything. I doubt that is going to be a super common case though.

It wouldn't be a common situation, but when it DOES happen, then what?

Jessweeee♪
04-19-2010, 05:46 AM
Things like these always make me curious.

*Devore*
04-19-2010, 01:50 PM
I've never had a double knockout. i didnt think it was possible, cause one attack always cancels out another.

SuperMillionaire
04-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Well, look it up on YouTube, Devore. There's plenty of double KO videos there.

SuperMillionaire
10-20-2010, 07:54 PM
You know, it's been a little while, but it occured to me; will they fix this problem in Dissidia 012?

Mirage
10-20-2010, 08:00 PM
is it really a problem when the game manages to decide a winner anyway?

Depression Moon
10-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Why couldn't they just go with a draw?

SuperMillionaire
10-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Well, other fighting games have "sudden death" rounds or "judgements" in place, so...

Vyk
10-21-2010, 12:39 AM
Well, other fighting games have "sudden death" rounds or "judgements" in place, so...

...not the ones I play. What fighting games have that??

SuperMillionaire
10-22-2010, 05:40 AM
Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Super Smash Bros., etc.

Unlike Dissidia, most other fighting games have matches that span multiple rounds; if a double KO or draw occurs in the final round, they go to sudden death.

Mercen-X
11-19-2010, 11:01 PM
It is a bit of a braintweaker. The computer wins hands down because the computer is a cheating bastard
and that's just a universal law. But pvp. I'd put my money as close to Skyblade's guess as possible. Highest base stats. It still seems hard to decide because what if you can get all of those stats to complete equality. Two players using the same character with the same equipment and the same abilities leveled up to the same stats...

Maybe there's a split/second hair trigger the computer catalogues. You, as the player will always naturally say the blows landed at the same time, but we aren't computers and our eyes-to-brain signals are technically slow so it's possible the computer can calculate that one attack landed 0.000000001 seconds before the other and declare a winner that way.

Edit: Is this an admin tweak edit? Why is there a double "and" in my post when I go back to read it? I'm truly aggrivated by this "glitch."

EDIT: "Fixed" it. I just used "and" to start a new paragraph. That's still frickin' annoying though.

SuperMillionaire
11-20-2010, 07:50 PM
It is a bit of a braintweaker. The computer wins hands down because the computer is a cheating bastard and that's just a universal law. But pvp. I'd put my money as close to Skyblade's guess as possible. Highest base stats. It still seems hard to decide because what if you can get all of those stats to complete equality. Two players using the same character with the same equipment and the same abilities leveled up to the same stats...

Perhaps, but what if you were playing against another player? Then what?

Mercen-X
11-21-2010, 09:36 PM
So... you just decided to ignore the rest of my post entirely? Or maybe you didn't know that I still talking about Player Versus Player (pvp). Just because you're playing against another player doesn't mean the match isn't still decided by the computer. Hence...^

SuperMillionaire
11-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Oh... okay then...

SuperMillionaire
03-02-2011, 04:33 PM
It's been a little while, but since this thread is still near the top of the list, I decided to post here again.

Dissidia 012 is coming out tomorrow in Japan, and in just a few more days, we'll have it here, too. I hope that SE did something to fix the Double KO bug.

I told you my conception for what they should do for deciding the winner in the event of a double KO, so what's your concept for deciding the winner?

Mirage
03-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Which bug?

SuperMillionaire
03-02-2011, 11:00 PM
The double KO bug. It occurs when both fighters run out of vitality at the same time, and each attack dealt the exact same amount of brave damage.

Mirage
03-02-2011, 11:31 PM
What happens?

SuperMillionaire
03-03-2011, 06:00 PM
When the computer apparently can't decide who wins. You said that when you're playing against the computer, you assume defeat, but when playing against another human player, the computer decides randomly. If they implemented a true "tie breaker" system to decide matches, what's your concept of it?

Mirage
03-03-2011, 07:01 PM
That doesn't sound like a bug at all. More like a strange design choice. Those two are however two completely different things.

SuperMillionaire
03-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Oh, okay then... but still, if it were up to you, how would you decide the winner in the event of a double KO?

Mercen-X
03-05-2011, 08:12 PM
It would have to be a chance game and
nothing decided by skill because
otherwise the tie-breaker may need a tie-breaker.
It should be something like "pick a card."

SuperMillionaire
03-06-2011, 01:17 AM
Pick a card... how exactly? Do you mean like judges deciding who the winner is by holding up the portrait of the fighter they think should win? Because in Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, they have a judgement system that takes place whenever the final round ends in a double KO; the judgement system uses three judges, and for your character to win, two out of the three judges must put up a portrait of your fighter; the last judge always seems to be random in deciding.

Jiro
03-06-2011, 04:01 AM
I say just call it a draw and be done with it.

Mercen-X
03-07-2011, 09:52 PM
I say just call it a draw and be done with it.

That could work too. In the first Dissidia, there is no Draw system. Somebody always loses. So, it's actually a good idea for them to think of adding.

Of course, if they don't implement that, I'd go with my idea. Two cards, the player who initiated the battle chooses a card (or opts out). If it's the WINNER card out of the two, the player wins. If it's the LOSER card, they lose with a whopping "Sucks to be you!". Simple. Or it could even be a roulette wheel with varied odds of obtaining either card. Either way, the scales are never tipped too far in any one player's favor.

Hell, let's take it even further where in the event of a "Draw" the cards appear and offer not only a chance at winning the battle but also bonuses for choosing just the right cards... like... I don't know what.

SuperMillionaire
03-08-2011, 02:53 AM
Interesting... but that mini-game tie-breaker only goes for the player who challenged the opponent? If the initiator opts out, does the opponent get to pick the card?