PDA

View Full Version : VOLCANO TIME!

Marshall Banana
04-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Meet Eyjafjallajökull (?). (http://eldgos.mila.is/eyjafjallajokull-fra-thorolfsfelli/)

If you know of a better online cam, post it. I love volcanoes!

Quindiana Jones
04-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Oddly enough, that is exactly what I shout when I orgasm.

Aurey
04-16-2010, 11:04 PM
RAD!!

But it's dark out now, all I see is ufos. Bookmark'd though.

Chris
04-16-2010, 11:14 PM
I know, this entire story is driving me insane. It's been constantly on the news for like the past 24 hours, and I'm sick and tired of hearing about it. :(

demondude
04-16-2010, 11:15 PM
It's really crappy. My parents were going to go to Barcelona on Sunday for their anniversary and this is very likely to prevent them from going, and many of my friends are stuck in foreign countries because most airlines stopped all travel. Of course, this means I have no home to myself next week (:mad2:) and my friends get extended holidays while I'm left sitting here reading their joyful statuses on Facebook. Why aren't they angry they can't get back!? (:mad2:)

Rye
04-16-2010, 11:38 PM
Awww, it's dark there. I want to see the ash. =O I've never seen a volcano before.

Breine
04-16-2010, 11:48 PM
I know, this entire story is driving me insane. It's been constantly on the news for like the past 24 hours, and I'm sick and tired of hearing about it. :(

I'd rather hear about this volcano, than having to hear one more word about the Queen's birthday. Ugh, enough already!

Anyway, I feel for all the people who got their plane trips canceled because of the volcano. That must be really annoying.

Chris
04-16-2010, 11:59 PM

I'd rather hear about this volcano, than having to hear one more word about the Queen's birthday. Ugh, enough already!
Gawd, absolutely. I sincerely dislike the Danish media sometimes. They know how to ride a story to the end. :eep:

Aurey
04-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Neat satellite photos of Eyjafjallajökull from NASA here! (http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/NaturalHazards/event.php?id=43253)

I am now spending the rest of my evening looking at photos of glaciers. /coolfridaynitebro

Rye
04-17-2010, 01:53 PM
I can see it now! This is amazing!

Rebellious Eagle
04-17-2010, 02:30 PM
It's not working on my computer. ;.;
But I heard about it on the news this morning. I feel bad for all those people who were planning to see relatives this weekend and can't go now. But I guess it's just a safety precaution.

Mo-Nercy
04-17-2010, 02:39 PM
I heard that certain Formula One team employees and drivers are going to be able to fly out from China (where the Shanghai Grand Prix is being held this weekend) back to Europe immediately after the race on Sunday.

I love volcanoes too. I remember studying Latin in Year 7 and our textbook doubled as a series of short stories that linked up together and culminated with the telling of Mount Vesuvius' eruption and Pompeii's demise. Caecilius est in atrium no longer. Because he's dead.

Rebellious Eagle
04-17-2010, 02:43 PM
I love volcanoes too. I remember studying Latin in Year 7 and our textbook doubled as a series of short stories that linked up together and culminated with the telling of Mount Vesuvius' eruption and Pompeii's demise. Caecilius est in atrium no longer. Because he's dead.

No way! We read those, too! We just finished the first book, where everyone dies. So sad.

Mo-Nercy
04-17-2010, 02:57 PM

No way! We read those, too! We just finished the first book, where everyone dies. So sad.
I took Latin again the following year. I believe the second book centres around either one of the slaves of Caecilius or his son (Quintus, I think his name was). I don't remember because the dative tense really confuzzled me and I stopped paying attention. :D

Bunny
04-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Volcanoes are neat. When I was in Hawaiian, we drove dangerously close to Mauna Loa and climbed Mauna Kea, which is inactive but was still pretty cool because there are shiny buildings on top of it. We also went on some sort of bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: all-day adventure hike thing which was more driving all the way around the island in a tiny van to see Kīlauea, which was cool because we got to see the lava spilling into the ocean and the subsequent giant pillar of smoke. Then it got night and as we were leaving we could see the actual lava.

I'm a volcanic adventurer.

Iceglow
04-19-2010, 11:49 PM
You know, the first thing I am going to do if I ever made it to a government leadership role is nuke the :bou::bou::bou::bou: out of that volcano. SEE how it likes them apples!