PDA

View Full Version : Europe in complete and utter travel chaos over Volcanic ash from Iceland.

Croyles
04-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Damn you Iceland volcano! I was supposed to fly to england tomorrow but my flights been cancelled. No chance of getting eurostar, eurotunnel or ferry tickets, either all booked or impossible to get through on the phone.

Im stranded!

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILSOOOOOOOOOON!

kotora
04-17-2010, 05:25 PM
We're in chaos? What did I miss?

Croyles
04-17-2010, 05:33 PM
BBC News - Volcanic ash: Europe flights grounded for third day (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8626505.stm)

Its not just airlines that are screwed, all other methods of international transportation are now nearly completely impossible due to complete blockage and over booking.

Mo-Nercy
04-17-2010, 06:02 PM
I mentioned this another thread over on General Chat, but I heard some Formula One teams' employees and drivers will be able to get a flight back into Europe for once the Shanghai Grand Prix wraps up this Sunday. I don't know.. maybe they have a few private jets or something.

I also have a friend who's been cracking it over Twitter and Facebook because he couldn't find a hotel to stay in after his flight was grounded. Well, at least he was cracking it. Haven't heard from him in a bit now.. hope he found somewhere. Or else he's doing the ol' airport overnighter, which I know from personal experience sucks hard.

Rye
04-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Moved this to GC; The Lounge is to discuss movies and other media. :)

A few of my friends on FB are stranded from the volcano!

Bunny
04-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Maybe if you weren't using prehistoric European technology that has proven incapable of standing even the most minor of catastrophic conditions you would be able to function over something as small as a volcanic eruption. I am American and we are fine. I think I'll fly to New York tomorrow just to prove my superiority.

Silly brits lol

demondude
04-17-2010, 06:51 PM
^britain = europe?

Bunny
04-17-2010, 06:55 PM
No, silly, Britain is only a small part of the overall landmass of Europe (I hear it is an island!). However, they are the most funny looking so they get singled out and laughed at by me.

Silly brits lol

black orb
04-17-2010, 06:59 PM
>>> Pick those volcanic ashes and sell them on e-bay..:luca:

Croyles
04-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Maybe if you weren't using prehistoric European technology that has proven incapable of standing even the most minor of catastrophic conditions you would be able to function over something as small as a volcanic eruption. I am American and we are fine. I think I'll fly to New York tomorrow just to prove my superiority.

Silly brits lol

Thats idiotic. The volcanic ash is high up in the air at the exact altitude of pretty much all airspace. The ash is being carried by the wind from iceland to the EAST. There is no ash in america. This also has aboslutely NOTHING to do with England.

If your precious technology were here I bet your ass they would function even worse.

Also last time I checked, US houses and estates are so poorly built that they cannot withstand :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Please stop your arrogant posts in my threads, im on edge at the moment if you couldn't tell. Thank you.
Their not even worth any comedic value.

Bunny
04-17-2010, 07:10 PM
You showed me!

Psychotic
04-17-2010, 07:18 PM
hey bunny america licks balls also we saved your ass in the napoleonic wars how do you like them apples

ps: it's called "SOCCER" not "AMERICAN FOOTBALL" geez

Bunny
04-17-2010, 07:21 PM
this thread has really gone downhill since my post

i'm sorry cryoles for ruining your thread

with the truth

Rye
04-17-2010, 07:22 PM
:lol:

Madame Adequate
04-17-2010, 07:26 PM
more like amerikkka

Quindiana Jones
04-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Fucking Iceland. First the banks, then Kerry Katona, now this.

I vote nuclear war.

Chloe.
04-17-2010, 07:56 PM
One of my friends went to Spain and now has to stay another week because of this, lucky her. :p

Croyles
04-17-2010, 07:57 PM
this thread has really gone downhill since my post

i'm sorry cryoles for ruining your thread

with the truth

With your mind's truth, you mean.

Hey, we invented ALL of your technology.

Also, spell my nick right biatch. :p

Anyway, ive just managed to find a very sneaky way to get into the eurotunnel with a friend, will not tell you how, VERY illegal! :p

Fonzie
04-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Bring it on Britain! We kicked your asses in WW2 and we can do it again. :mad2:

Madame Adequate
04-17-2010, 08:58 PM

Actually if you look at patenting, until the rise of Japan a couple decades back, the UK, US, and Germany invented about 95% of the world between them, and it's about a third each (We're still the three top in the world, too).

Quindiana Jones
04-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Let's be honest though. Where would the world be without the rotary washing line? God bless Australia.

Iceglow
04-17-2010, 09:14 PM
I've got flights booked for thursday to Egypt. I just called my airline at gatwick, though they cannot guarantee or confirm anything up to and including if the airspace will be open again they have told me that I should expect my flight to be delayed :( I'm going to have to commit several murders if my holiday ends up being cancelled starting with Dennis....

Croyles
04-17-2010, 09:14 PM

Actually if you look at patenting, until the rise of Japan a couple decades back, the UK, US, and Germany invented about 95% of the world between them, and it's about a third each (We're still the three top in the world, too).

I know dude, but can you please not feed the monster rodent that is Bunny?
It is evil enough!

Anyway, the evil volcano Eyjafjallajökull (which im sorry, i dont even think norwegians can pronounce that! Seems to be the damn OLDEST scandinavian ever!) is still spitting. Im glad im not waiting on a flight!

Quindiana Jones
04-17-2010, 09:18 PM
We need a Holy Handgrenade.

Bunny
04-17-2010, 09:24 PM

I used my comedic stylings to alter your name to better fit how I was feeling about you, Cryoles. You see? It is genius.

Besides, your name spellchecks to Creoles. You want me to call you that? I can call you Creoles from now on, Cryoles.

It is evil enough!

Your tears make me stronger.

So do your grenades.

Quindiana Jones
04-17-2010, 09:26 PM
The "we" probably associates me more than I desired. I just wanted to make a Python reference.

Croyles
04-17-2010, 09:41 PM

I used my comedic stylings to alter your name to better fit how I was feeling about you, Cryoles. You see? It is genius.

Besides, your name spellchecks to Creoles. You want me to call you that? I can call you Creoles from now on, Cryoles.

It is evil enough!

Your tears make me stronger.

So do your grenades.

Your kind is the cause of the black death, please refrain from infecting my thread, friendly neighbourhood troll.

demondude
04-17-2010, 10:34 PM
American football sucks, for it is the sissy version of Rugby. Look at me with my SUPER SHOULDER PADS RAWR. Oh :bou::bou::bou::bou:, there's a Welshman running towards me, I'd run but I can't see through my Storm Trooper helmet. *is owned*

Quindiana Jones
04-17-2010, 10:38 PM
So yeah....

Doesn't Iceland suck and stuff?

demondude
04-17-2010, 10:40 PM
yes

NorthernChaosGod
04-18-2010, 12:46 AM

Silly brits lol

Thats idiotic. The volcanic ash is high up in the air at the exact altitude of pretty much all airspace. The ash is being carried by the wind from iceland to the EAST. There is no ash in america. This also has aboslutely NOTHING to do with England.

If your precious technology were here I bet your ass they would function even worse.

Also last time I checked, US houses and estates are so poorly built that they cannot withstand :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Please stop your arrogant posts in my threads, im on edge at the moment if you couldn't tell. Thank you.
Their not even worth any comedic value.
I would just like to add that SoCal received a 7.2 earthquake over Easter and I come home to not one thing out of place.

Rad Bromance
04-18-2010, 04:48 AM
I would just like to add that SoCal received a 7.2 earthquake over Easter and I come home to not one thing out of place.
It's just business as usual in the South Bay. :D

Goldenboko
04-18-2010, 04:51 AM
Yeah, know some people who's pretty fucked thanks to a school field trip over April Vacation :monster:

BarelySeeAtAll
04-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Damn you Iceland volcano! I was supposed to fly to england tomorrow but my flights been cancelled. No chance of getting eurostar, eurotunnel or ferry tickets, either all booked or impossible to get through on the phone.

Im stranded!

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILSOOOOOOOOOON!

How the hell is the eurostar cancelled if it's in the sea?!

PeneloRatsbane
04-18-2010, 09:42 PM
:( my brother was supposed to be coming home for a visit tommorrow, he moved to Germany in october and we all miss him and now his flight is cancelled. sucks but theres nothing that can be done about it.

Cuchulainn
04-19-2010, 01:01 AM
some business men were in Belfast and could not get out cause of this ashy madness. They were so eager to get out of the :bou::bou::bou::bou:ehole that is Belfast they paid a Black Hack £650 to take em to London....

Aerith's Knight
04-19-2010, 01:03 AM
We'll just have to wait until the smoke clears...

... :bigsmile:

Mo-Nercy
04-19-2010, 04:31 AM
American football sucks, for it is the sissy version of Rugby. Look at me with my SUPER SHOULDER PADS RAWR. Oh :bou::bou::bou::bou:, there's a Welshman running towards me, I'd run but I can't see through my Storm Trooper helmet. *is owned*
I was with you right up to the crazed Welshman bit. =]

Yes. Yay Rugby (league). The other variant (you know, the one with all the kicking for position bs) is boring to me now.

Imperfectionist
04-19-2010, 04:27 PM
I was sitting in the park today with some friends and I was like, 'why is it so hazy over there?' and then before we knew it we were getting engulfed by loads of volcanic ash. Was pretty weird.

Also, someone made a funny about how Peter Griffin doesn't look so stupid with his volcano insurance now :D

Iceglow
04-19-2010, 11:44 PM
I've been watching the NATs website like a hawk, it's so depressing I should be rushing around packing, tidying, getting currency and generally being all excited. Atm I've not even begun packing because I am not even sure if it's going to be worth it, I think my holiday could be ruined before it began. If anyone else is interested in what NATs has to say on the matter the link is:

NATS (http://www.nats.co.uk/)