PDA

View Full Version : Cheer Me Up, Buttercup Baby

BarelySeeAtAll
04-17-2010, 10:34 PM
Well everyone has those songs which make them tear up, and I'm talking about those which act as reminders for sweet, or bad, memories.

Right now I'm looking for some real happy almost laugh out loud type happy songs. When you're trying to get over something, and need to move on from someone (not as in :love:-move on, but as in :(-move on. . .yeeeah you get it). AAR is out T_T definitely.out.

Or just generally anything you in particular really like, any musical tunes etc. :greenie: Much appreciated.

Imperfectionist
04-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Daydream Believer by The Monkees makes me go into crazily happy nostalgia mode.

'Cheer up sleeeepy jeeean!!' :D

Rebellious Eagle
04-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Anything off R.E.M.'s early albums (1980s) put me into nostalgia mode, because they remind me of when I was younger and just getting into their music, and how good life was back then.
Especially Driver 8. Love that song!~

Pheesh
04-18-2010, 04:42 PM
The only song I've ever really teared up as a direct result of listening to it was Brena by A Perfect Circle. But I don't really have any songs that make me cry every time I hear them.

MJN SEIFER
04-20-2010, 09:27 PM
There are a few other songs that make feel really good, but the one I can think of the moment is "Freedom" by Wham! (NOT by George Michael - that is a different song) It just gives me a really happy feeling when I hear it, it's a nice song.

Also... it makes me think of Final Fantasy a bit - that's not the only reason I like it though. (I mean the tune sounds like Final Fantasy a bit, at least in my opinion).

Shiny
04-21-2010, 05:51 PM
"Have You Ever Seen the Rain" by Creedence Clearwater Revival gets me pretty emotional for reasons I do not know. And MGMT's "Kids" gets me pretty happy.

Inferno
04-21-2010, 06:39 PM
Datarock - Fa fa fa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtGlWOIec40) : even if you're not in the mood to dance, it grooooves

Rad Bromance
04-22-2010, 03:36 AM
And MGMT's "Kids" gets me pretty happy.
Wow. I heard that song on the radio a couple months ago on SirusXM's BPM station and...I found it incredibly sad sounding. A very nice song, but not something I'd ever think of listening to in order to feel better.

I guess it just goes to show that music moves everyone differently. :)

Breine
04-22-2010, 03:24 PM
This song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZEhzaHtIxg) almost always makes me smile :)