PDA

View Full Version : Friend Card Exchange

gao
04-17-2010, 11:49 PM
This is probably a major faux pas, just diving right into this as a forum newbie, but I will be honest: I'm somewhat fixated with Dissidia.

Having logged over 270 hours during 110 consecutive days, I've found that for all its very big and very glaring flaws, the game gives a lot back to those willing to invest... however, it's only when played with friends that it truly because a game worthy of top ten status.

We've just moved back into the Cambridge/London area from Plymouth in the UK where a couple of us used to get together and play Dissidia on a fairly regular basis - it was never anything massive but it was a lot of fun to just gather with friends in coffee shops and swap Friend Cards and challenge each other to battles.

I'm really missing it, if I'm honest.

Even though I know I'm going to see my former Dissidia buddies soon, I can't help but feel a bit like I'm at a loose end without anyone else to share the experience of this game with.

Thus I'm turning to you guys as I gather you've had at least one FF related meet up in Cambridge ~ is there anyone out there who is willing to swap Friend Cards with me? Seriously, I'm willing to travel anywhere in the Home Counties and/or bribe you to come to either London (where we'll hopefully be in a month's time) or Cambridge (where we currently are).

I've been asking around in shops and walking about with the game set to Friend Card Receive but so far no luck. If there's anyone about who might be inclined to take pity on me, I'd really, *really* appreciate it.

I'll even buy you a coffee!

Vivisteiner
04-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Are you at the University?

I am. :D

gao
04-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Are you at the University?

I am. :D

Hello new best friend! (^________________^)

I'm not at the university but I am starting work on Mill Road as of tomorrow.

I stopped off in Gametron today and was told that sometimes people come in and play Dissidia in the store on Sunday ~ would you care to meet? ^^

Vivisteiner
04-20-2010, 01:02 AM
As I said in the PM I just sent you, unfortunately I left my PSP at home. It's not on campus. But if I can get it in the next few weeks I can exchange friend cards. Exam time is kind of crazy though atm, so I'm just focussing on that right now. Sorry for getting your hopes up.

gao
04-20-2010, 06:23 AM
Exam time is kind of crazy though atm, so I'm just focussing on that right now. Sorry for getting your hopes up.

It's okay, don't worry! Even I, obsessed as I am, am not going to try and tell you that Dissidia is more important than exams!

After your exams though, consider yourself honourbound to come and find me! ^^