PDA

View Full Version : Universal Tuning

gao
04-18-2010, 10:43 PM
A friend of a friend just picked up Universal Tuning for me for about £15 in Akihabara. I'm kind of nervous about playing it but thankful for the fact that *all* region Dissidia saves can be imported so, even though my Lv100 characters will be bumped back down to Lv50, at least I won't have to completely begin again.

Has anyone else had any experience of this version of the game? Any pros and cons you'd like to share?

Wolf Kanno
04-18-2010, 11:29 PM
As far as I know, isn't Universal Tuning just the US/PAL version? I know they made some changes between the Japanese and Foreign versions in terms of adding abilities and changing order of learning said abilities. I also know that equips stats were changed between the Japanese and Foreign versions. The only thing I've heard is different are cosmetic changes like Dual Audio for Battle voices and I'm guessing possibly loading issues and bug fixes.

gao
04-25-2010, 01:03 PM
As far as I know, isn't Universal Tuning just the US/PAL version?

Apparently there are 100 new abilities - whether this is 100 new abilities or 100 new abilities per character, I'm not sure but am assuming the former - and the balance has been readdressed once again.

That's what I've heard, but I have absolutely no idea how this will play out.

SuperMillionaire
05-13-2010, 10:24 PM
The Universal Tuning release contains both English AND Japanese voices, and I think there are a few other extras too...