PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix: What Games Do You Want On PSN?

ShinGundam
04-19-2010, 07:01 AM
The company is gauging interest in future possible releases on PSN by asking fans to tweet their top three games they would want to see next. the idea was brought by a Japanese fan called VElearn, While its mainly for Japan, quite a lot of english speakers are getting in on the action too so don’t be shy!
http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23SEM_DL

My top game is Parasite EVE :D so, what's yours ?

VeloZer0
04-19-2010, 02:06 PM
I would like to see everything they released for PS1 out on PSN. I would even like to see FF Anthologies if eliminating the physical disk speeds up all the loading times.
Actually, I don't even see a reason that the PS2 games couldn't be on there, FFXII is only like 3.5 GB.

Slothy
04-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Vagrant Story, Xenogears, and Parasite Eve in that order.

Jessweeee♪
04-19-2010, 06:18 PM
I want Threads of Fate. It's just a game that needs to be portable, y'know?

Depression Moon
04-19-2010, 07:05 PM
^ ^ That THAT!

eDIT: Oh, my original name is back. Cool

Elly
04-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Xenogears, japan has had it for so long it's about time we get it... i have a physical copy from when it came out but a lot of people didn't get it back then and don't want to pay the current jacked up prices to get it... beside's i'd like to have a portable version myself and i refuse to use custom firmware...

Rostum
04-26-2010, 12:40 AM
Actually, I don't even see a reason that the PS2 games couldn't be on there, FFXII is only like 3.5 GB.

It has nothing to do with just the size.

Bolivar
05-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Someone tweet Xenogears, Dragon Quest VII, and Chrono Cross at him for me.

Clo
05-01-2010, 08:13 PM
I want Threads of Fate. It's just a game that needs to be portable, y'know?
Yes! What an awesome little game that was.

Jessweeee♪
05-01-2010, 09:44 PM
It's colorful and adorable and simple! Perfect for downloading to my PSP.

crazybayman
05-03-2010, 08:40 PM
FFX, Dragon Quest VIII, FF DoC

Mirage
05-03-2010, 08:49 PM

It has nothing to do with just the size.

But more to do with the PS3 not being able to play PS2 games right out of the box, like it can with PS1 games. PS2 games have to be recompiled for PS3, and probably needs some more tweaking in addition to that.
It is definitely possible though, just look at Tekken 5 DR and God of War 1+2. With a port like what we got with those three games, we'd also be able to enjoy the games in a higher resolution, and perhaps even with antialiasing(!).

On topic, it would be fun to see like Threads of Fate there. I don't really know of many other S-E games that I like on PS1 and that hasn't been released for it yet.

-edit-
Oh yeah, Chrono cross

Skyblade
05-07-2010, 04:41 AM
Chrono Cross.

Unfortunately, I don't think the PSP can handle the PS2 games either, can it? Otherwise I'd take portable FFX anyday.

Jessweeee♪
05-08-2010, 02:52 AM
Unfortunately I don't think we'll be seeing any PS2 releases until they stop selling new PS2 consoles!

Mirage
05-08-2010, 04:00 AM
Chrono Cross.

Unfortunately, I don't think the PSP can handle the PS2 games either, can it? Otherwise I'd take portable FFX anyday.

It can't.

VeloZer0
05-08-2010, 09:24 AM
They ported Disgaea to it, logically they must therefore be able to port any PS2 game to PSP.

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
05-08-2010, 12:28 PM
They ported Disgaea to it, logically they must therefore be able to port any PS2 game to PSP.

NISA did it; however, I'd like to see S-E to do an in-house port.

Slothy
05-08-2010, 07:00 PM

We're talking about a PS2 game that would only have been impressive on a technical level if it had been released on the PSOne. Big surprise that the PSP could handle it.

There's no way it could run something like FFX without some major compromises in terms of technology and probably a nice re-write of a lot of code.

Edit: Huh, so the forum turns PS X without the space into PSOne. Interesting. That kind of irks me since I hate the name PSOne.

ANGRYWOLF
05-08-2010, 08:00 PM
thiking they would actually get FFX released on the PSN.
Won't happen anytime in the foreseeable future.

I doubt we'll see everything from the PS1 released too.

Too much work for Square who has limited resources and personnel....and limited return for them to go to all that trouble.

We know they're going to release FFIX so fans should be happy with that and with some PS1 games.

:p

VeloZer0
05-08-2010, 09:09 PM
I know, it was a joke :p

ShinGundam
05-10-2010, 11:48 AM
So this is the next game :p

Square Enix producer and twitter addict Shinji Hashimoto has another PlayStation Classics announcement for Japan.

After collecting opinions from fans in Japan, Square Enix decided their next digital re-release will be Threads of Fate. That is, next after Final Fantasy IX which Japan gets on May 20.

No release date, but Threads of Fate, also known as Dewprism in Japan, is coming to PlayStation Network… someday.

Also, FF9 announced for US PSN
Final Fantasy IX Coming Soon to PlayStation Store – PlayStation Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/05/07/final-fantasy-ix-coming-soon-to-playstation-store/)

VeloZer0
05-11-2010, 02:39 AM
Threads of Fate....
Exactly what I wanted to hear. :(

At least FF9 was confirmed. It was inevitable, but it is nice to know it is imminent.

Jessweeee♪
05-11-2010, 04:40 AM
FUCK YES

Rad Bromance
05-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Because, while all PS3 consoles can play PS1 titles, not all PS3 consoles can play PS2 titles.

So unless Sony ends up releasing a magical software update that allows all PS3 consoles to play PS2 games like so many of us have dreamed about, PS2 games won't be available on PSN, and I don't see it ever happening. But my PC doesn't have a problem emulating PS2 games via software, so who knows! :D

Hot Shot
05-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Vagrant Story and Parasite Eve (1 and 2)

VeloZer0
05-18-2010, 04:57 AM
The second generation PS3's did PS2 by software emulation. Which makes me wonder why they would possibly stop including it. If the software already exists it costs them essentially zero to include it.

Rad Bromance
05-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Edit: Huh, so the forum turns PS X without the space into PSOne. Interesting. That kind of irks me since I hate the name PSOne.
That's because the PSX is not a Playstation(1), but an entirely different console that Sony released years ago to poor reception. It helps avoid confusion.

PSX - Wikipedia (http://tinyurl.com/k3r8k)

Slothy
05-18-2010, 05:58 PM
That's because the PSX is not a Playstation(1), but an entirely different console that Sony released years ago to poor reception. It helps avoid confusion.

PSX - Wikipedia (http://tinyurl.com/k3r8k)

I'm well aware that the PSX was a variant of the PS2 released well after the PSX. However, the original short form for the Playstation was PSX stemming from an early code name for it while it was in development and that stuck for years until the actual PSOne was released. Suffice it to say, I hate the name PSOne, and prefer PSX, not just because I used it for years before confusion was ever an issue (and really, how many people would confuse it for a system that never left Japan and most have never heard of?), but also because it's just that little bit shorter making it quicker to type.

Rad Bromance
05-18-2010, 07:15 PM
That's because the PSOne is not a Playstation(1), but an entirely different console that Sony released years ago to poor reception. It helps avoid confusion.

PSOne - Wikipedia (http://tinyurl.com/k3r8k)

I'm well aware that the PSOne was a variant of the PS2 released well after the PSOne. However, the original short form for the Playstation was PSOne stemming from an early code name for it while it was in development and that stuck for years until the actual PSOne was released. Suffice it to say, I hate the name PSOne, and prefer PSOne, not just because I used it for years before confusion was ever an issue (and really, how many people would confuse it for a system that never left Japan and most have never heard of?), but also because it's just that little bit shorter making it quicker to type.
Ah, well I've always hated "PSX" because there is no "X" in Playstation. It makes more sense now that you've explained why people called it that, but it still always seemed retarded to me, even more so now that there's an entirely different console called that, and I'd rather people type PSOne or PS1 or just Playstation. So good one on the site staff for making that filter. :thumb:

VeloZer0
05-18-2010, 10:16 PM
I think PSOne looks really stupid, as much as I would like to post about backwards talking brooms in the FFOne forum. PS1 is really the one that makes the most sense.

Jessweeee♪
05-19-2010, 04:13 AM
Oh. I thought it was a silly European thing. Like your weird extra Us.

VeloZer0
05-19-2010, 04:48 AM
No, it's just the states that has a disturbing shortage of 'u's.

Jessweeee♪
05-21-2010, 08:51 AM
I am not going to debate with you on how words like color are not pronounced like "colower" and should not be spelled as if they do! We're just trying to fix the wtf that is English.