PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Hobbits

Rye
04-19-2010, 03:05 PM
When you shop, how much of it would you say is online vs offline.

I'd say online shopping used to make up about, I suppose 10%-15% of yearly purchases.

Now, it makes up closer to 30%. Aside from food and clothes and general toiletries, I buy quite a lot of things online. I'm a total used book shopper now. Amazon market is great. Books for pennies + shipping and they're always in good condition. I buy fabric online, because I have a better selection of cute fabrics, and sometimes I can find a good deal on Japanese fabrics. I tend to buy accessories online as well, on Etsy or other stores.

Flying Mullet
04-19-2010, 03:07 PM
I rarely shop online. I do a lot of research online but unless it's a lot cheaper I tend to go to the store to see the physical merchandise and usually purchase it there.

Jiro
04-19-2010, 03:10 PM
For some reason I'm iffy about online shopping. I had one bad experience and now I'm super paranoid or something ridiculous.

qwertysaur
04-19-2010, 03:13 PM
I buy a couple things online that I can't find anywhere else around where I live. But It's very rare for me to get something online, usually I'll find what I'm looking for after a while. :p

Aibbie
04-19-2010, 03:17 PM
I only buy things online that would make a big difference in the amount of money that I save, for example my last laptop.

But generally I'm all for walking into a store and leaving with want I want :).

So I'd say, I shop online....5-10% out of everything in a year?

Madame Adequate
04-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Except for food I buy almost everything online. The only time I don't is when there's a sale on, really. Though I'm a bit more wary in student house because of one of the other housemates who I really don't trust to not nick something. But yeah normally we're looking at 75-80% of all purchases being online, minus food. Though my mom does the weekly grocery shopping online!

Mo-Nercy
04-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Probably about 5-10%. I enjoy going to factory second outlets and clearance houses for most of my clothes, because it's always better to be able to try before you buy. Most of my online shopping is for gifts, really.

Breine
04-19-2010, 04:18 PM
I only buy a few DVDs, books, CDs or video games online a year - and that's only if it's cheaper/more convenient than buying the particular item offline.

I like to browse online for good prices on e.g. CDs, DVDs or video games, though. But the truth is that it's often either the same price or cheaper to buy it offline, so that's what I mostly do.

I like shopping in actual stores, but I also like shopping online for some things (as said).. so I might get more into online shopping in the future.

Shoeberto
04-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Goddammit I thought I was misreading the title thank you for making me think I'm crazy

Rye
04-19-2010, 04:43 PM
:plotting:

Raistlin
04-19-2010, 05:09 PM
I do a fair amount of shopping online, largely because I put as little effort into it as possible.

Jess
04-19-2010, 06:38 PM
I'd say around 25-30% is done online. I buy a lot of clothes and gifts online.

I do all of my food, toiletries and other stuff offline. :jess:

kotora
04-19-2010, 06:52 PM
I buy almost everything online since it's cheaper and easier. If I need something that my friends can get cheaper with their employee discount at computer stores than I'll go with that, but it's still more expensive most of the time.

Bunny
04-19-2010, 06:53 PM
I do most of my shopping online because I do not like going into stores due to my intense paranoia and dislike of large crowds and people in general.

Chris
04-19-2010, 07:43 PM
For some reason I'm iffy about online shopping. I had one bad experience and now I'm super paranoid or something ridiculous.
This.

I used to buy a lot of stuff online, but then I had a very bad experience, and got stolen a huge amount of money. I haven't shopped online since.

Rodarian
04-19-2010, 10:26 PM
A few years back, it was Ebay...

Now I shop everything offline...

Why just the other day.. I bought two dress pants, three polos and three long sleeved jersey T's.....

I'm a shopaholic!!

Levian
04-19-2010, 10:30 PM
It's ridiculous how much cheaper games are online than in the stores, so yeah, games.

Jessweeee♪
04-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Offline. I can buy nice tanks for just a dollar each at this store near campus!

Rantz
04-20-2010, 12:54 PM
If I can get it online I usually will. Although if I'm in town anyway I'll just look for it there.

Rodarian
04-21-2010, 02:37 PM
I have me some Zegna pants... They are heavenly!!! :squee:

Cuchulainn
04-21-2010, 03:01 PM
90% of my clothes shopping is done online, USC, HoF & Asos. I hate shops & everyone in them.