PDA

View Full Version : How To Train Your Dragon

Rye
04-19-2010, 07:52 PM
I just saw this. It was a surprisingly fantastic movie. It's been a good few months for animated movies; first Up, and then this.

I was tearing up in the end. I like how the dragons were like cattens. :3

I saw in it 3-D. It was cool, but it gave me a headache after. I'd recommend just seeing it in the regular format, but I could only find it in 3-D.

Kind of off topic, but I like how they charge you 3 dollars for those glasses, then expect you to give them back. ROFL, no thanks.

Del Murder
04-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Yeah if I see this it will be in 2D. 3D is gimmicky and disorienting.

Miriel and I keep hearing good things about this movie so maybe we should go see it.

Chris
04-19-2010, 07:57 PM
I'm seeing it really soon, and probably in 3-D. If you have the option, I don't see why not. It looks swell, although I doubt it can surpass Up. :jess:

Edit: Wait, they charge you for the glasses in the U.S.? They're free here, but they expect you to willingly give them back afterwards. I have three.

Rye
04-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Nah, it definitely doesn't beat Up, but it's still really awesome. See itttt!

And yeah. I was charged 10 dollars for a ticket. My brother and my Mom came, and between us, we paid 30 dollars to see one movie. Isn't that insane? It was worth paying for, rather than pirating, but the 3-D surcharge is just ridiculous if they want you to give those glasses back. XD

JKTrix
04-19-2010, 08:08 PM
The 3D was done well in this movie. I really think you would be missing 'something' if you didn't see it that way. I wouldn't say it's as vital as colour in The Wizard of Oz, but it was done better than the majority of other 3D films I've cared to see.

'If you have the option', I think it's worth it to see what other people think of the 3D implementation in a movie. 'Normal' people like us and 'professional' reviewers alike. Pros are more likely to know if a movie had its 3D tacked on as a last minute gimmick (clash of the titans) or if it was a part of the plan from the start.

also, I hate giving those glasses back too :P

Madame Adequate
04-19-2010, 08:33 PM
I can't watch :bou::bou::bou::bou: in 3d on account of broken eye :monster:

Rye
04-19-2010, 08:43 PM

At least this time when we went, we didn't have that nasty woman who was snotty to you and me, so when my Mom's jaw dropped at the prices, the person wisely stayed silent because my Mom would have not had the restraint I did when that lady was like "YEAH WELL IT'S THREE-D SO IT'S MORE MONEY, OK?" There would have been slappabitching.

theundeadhero
04-19-2010, 09:09 PM
I liked it. It was really fun to watched. I was glad the 3D in it wasn't gimmicky like in some other movies. I hate the way some make things jump out and you just because they can, it's retarded.

JKTrix
04-19-2010, 09:41 PM

Totally valid.

The scenes when he was flying on Toothless were what really sold the 3D for me.

It also got me weirdly hyped for Monster Hunter Tri (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP_7Yv-a4EE). I was already hyped, but watching that movie really made me want it *now*.

Mo-Nercy
04-20-2010, 10:40 AM
I didn't want to see Up for the longest time but when I finally did watch it, I must admit, I like it a lot. So I'll make the effort to watch How To Train Your Dragon pretty soon. I haven't heard anything bad about it.

They charge way more than 3 bucks for the 3D experience here. It's not worth it at all. I'll probably watch it in 2D (if it's even in cinemas anymore).

Laddy
04-20-2010, 12:09 PM
I still haven't seen it but I want to!

Miriel
05-05-2010, 09:28 PM
This was so cute!

The dragon was like a big puppy dog. :)

NorthernChaosGod
05-05-2010, 10:13 PM
This was a hella cute movie. I loved it.

Freya
05-06-2010, 05:20 AM
Oh I saw this and loved it! I got all teary eyed too at the end. :( But yes how they acted like kitties amused me. :D I really liked this movie and I can't wait to own it.

Big D
05-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Fantastic film, will probably be one of my favourites for the year. A perfect blend of adventure, sentiment and storytelling. I didn't expect to get quite so drawn in, but this really is one of those films that I loved from start to finish and could happily re-watch any number of times.

It also works just as well in two dimensions as it does in three, which is always a good sign.

Speaking of 3D...

Kind of off topic, but I like how they charge you 3 dollars for those glasses, then expect you to give them back. ROFL, no thanks.That sounds nasty. Over here, you pay a buck for the glasses and they encourage you to keep re-using them. On the downside, though, it costs a bit more to see a 3D flick, so I guess it all balances out.

Del Murder
05-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Saw this movie. It was very cute and a good watch, but not super amazing which is what I was expecting based on the hype it got. Still, worth watching. I didn't really want to see it in 3D but there were no 2D shows during the times we had available. I didn't feel like the 3D added that much to it. Not worth an extra 5 bucks at least.

BG-57
05-11-2010, 10:28 PM
It's a cute little movie. Very predictable, but enjoyable all the same.