PDA

View Full Version : Things That Make You Feel Uncomfy

Shiny
04-20-2010, 02:36 AM
This makes me feel uncomfortable:

Lemme put my shirt on right now. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDDj-i5IjtI)

Okay...not sure what's going on in this video, but it's pretty awkward. Does anything make you uncomfy?

Rye
04-20-2010, 02:39 AM
Feeling hot when I'm trying to sleep. >:{

TyphoonThaReapa
04-20-2010, 03:00 AM
A'yo, I'm sure there's ways to fix that Rye...;)

Lol, just kidding. (Not really)

Lol, anyway, not much can get to me son...Ummm...Sitting near people on the bus that smell VERY bad maybe?

black orb
04-20-2010, 03:11 AM
>>> Drunk people..:luca:

qwertysaur
04-20-2010, 03:56 AM
People who smell weird :/

Tavrobel
04-20-2010, 04:35 AM
He says it, and yet he never does.

ERR I MEAN WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LOOKING MAN

Vermachtnis
04-20-2010, 04:52 AM
People who can't talk to me without touching my shoulder or getting in my personal space. I can hear you fine without you being right next to me.

NorthernChaosGod
04-20-2010, 06:44 AM

Fo' sho. I can't sleep without a blanket either, so during the summer I pretty much have to be completely exhausted to fall asleep.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Vajayjays. :/

Meat Puppet
04-20-2010, 08:05 AM
Penis pressed against my back.

Eh, I thought I’d follow the trend.

Bunny
04-20-2010, 08:15 AM
People.

Shiny
04-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Penis pressed against my back.

Eh, I thought I’d follow the trend.

Elaboration is necessary.

kotora
04-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Having to talk to people at social conventions and not having alcohol or any other drug nearby.

Mo-Nercy
04-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Trying to go to sleep while spooning.

One hand goes numb under my girlfriend's head. Trying to breathe through a faceful of fruity smelling hair. wtf.

Bunny
04-20-2010, 10:32 AM

One hand goes numb under my girlfriend's head. Trying to breathe through a faceful of fruity smelling hair. wtf.

I'm glad I am not the only person with this issue. My girlfriend does it fine, but I can't fall asleep while spooning her. Then again, everything about the way I sleep is messed up.

G13
04-20-2010, 10:54 AM
That video was hilarious. It really made you uncomfortable?

This. It's so uncomfortable but she insists I do it. :mad:

Also, being put in situations where I don't know anybody and have no idea what's going on like, let's say, going to prom at a school I don't go to. That really makes me uncomfortable.

leader of mortals
04-20-2010, 11:19 AM
My teacher saying "Alright, everyone partner up", and me having to go over to everyone and beg them to be my partner before I have to be paired up by thee teeacher who probably thinks it's funny that I have no partner.

Actually, my English teacher is really good about not doing that. He normally makes the groups himself.

Rye
04-20-2010, 02:05 PM

I'm glad I am not the only person with this issue. My girlfriend does it fine, but I can't fall asleep while spooning her. Then again, everything about the way I sleep is messed up.

I have that problem on the opposite end. Huxley tries to SPOOONNNNN hardcore and I have to be on my tummy to sleep so he always pulls me into spoon and I roll back onto my tummy. I felt like a yo-yo.

Of course, that's better than when he's like "Jess, spoon ME! I wanna be the little spoon now!" I can't sleep at all like that. XD

Madame Adequate
04-20-2010, 02:07 PM

I have that problem on the opposite end. Huxley tries to SPOOONNNNN hardcore and I have to be on my tummy to sleep so he always pulls me into spoon and I roll back onto my tummy. I felt like a yo-yo.

Of course, that's better than when he's like "Jess, spoon ME! I wanna be the little spoon now!" I can't sleep at all like that. XD

You can sleep fine on your back when you're asleep. :p Half the time you roll over into spooning me and that's what wakes me up!

Jiro
04-20-2010, 02:47 PM
I hate people touching my legs. They are my money makers (or will be, one day).

Also graphic discussion about sex. I can handle it fairly generalised fine, but I just.. what the hell do you want me to say? "oh good one you nailed her hard"? I'm fine just knowing you had sex okay.

BarelySeeAtAll
04-20-2010, 03:29 PM
A lack of breathing/moving space normally. Back to that spooning idea kind of; I can't breathe someone elses air, it's all warm and smells of something or another. Guess I'll never share a bed with someone T_T

Itchy things, like even if it's when you're in a clothes shop and bored, you get that (or..I get that) horrible heat sensation. . .bah.

Other than that I think that's all that makes me physically uncomfy.

~*~Celes~*~
04-20-2010, 04:29 PM
1) Trying to sleep when it's hot in the summer. Oh my god sticky sweat eww eww can't get comfortable dying D: It's literally impossible for me to sleep in summer sometimes because just like someone mentioned (Cba looking up who it was sorry D: ), I HAVE to be covered up with some sort of blanket when i sleep, whether it be a heavy one or just a flat sheet. I usually remove any and all blankets from my bed other than the flat sheet in the summer, unless the AC is on at night. Even then, that sheet ends up completely tangled around my body in a swimsuit-type-coverage (all around my torso but my arms and legs are free) so it's like "what's the point?" but I HAVE to have it so I have no choice :(

2) My parents being lovey dovey in front of me. I'm happy for them, I'm glad they're still in love and stuff over 20 years later but please not in front of me okay :(

3) Socks that are too loose or too tight on my feet. I have pairs of socks that are too loose on me and i always feel like they're about to just fall off so I never wear them, even though they're decent socks :( I also have pairs of no-show socks and the seam on the top of the sock always manages to dig right between my big toenail and the toe itself. I HATE IT :( But mom insists on buying them for me when her sales numbers haven't been met, so I deal.

4) Being hungry and unable to figure out what to eat :(

I could just go on and on.

Breine
04-20-2010, 04:47 PM
When I'm clean shaven. I dislike shaving to begin with, but the feeling of being clean shaven is uncomfortable to me. My skin feels sensitive and all bare and just all ugh.. at least a day has to go by before I'm somewhat comfortable with my face skin again.

That's why I don't shave. I trim. Stubble/facial hair looks better than clean shaven anyway.. at least on me, I think.

Chris
04-20-2010, 05:17 PM
People who can't talk to me without touching my shoulder or getting in my personal space. I can hear you fine without you being right next to me.
Definitely this. It annoys me to no end. No. End.

*Never come within this range*

Seriously hate it.

Raistlin
04-20-2010, 06:43 PM

Yes to both of these.

I Took the Red Pill
04-20-2010, 06:59 PM
long walks down long hallways with a vague acquaintance, and I can't figure out for the life of me if I should say hi to them.

Hollycat
04-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Stupid people
crowds
the movie about aliens who hate water

Jessweeee♪
04-20-2010, 07:24 PM
What Red Pill said about people and hallways and stuff.

The only problem I have with spooning is that I can't sleep on one side for the whole night. I can fall asleep just fine, I just have to switch sides every few hours or so, which means we just alternate spoons. My hair makes it uncomfortable for him sometimes, and sometimes it's uncomfortable for me when he's lying on it, but we just adjust and everything's fine n.n

Socks are a problem, though. Even when it's freezing I can't keep them on.

NorthernChaosGod
04-20-2010, 08:42 PM

+1 to this. It's cool just spooning for a while when you're awake, but I can't sleep like that, dammit.

When I'm clean shaven. I dislike shaving to begin with, but the feeling of being clean shaven is uncomfortable to me. My skin feels sensitive and all bare and just all ugh.. at least a day has to go by before I'm somewhat comfortable with my face skin again.

That's why I don't shave. I trim. Stubble/facial hair looks better than clean shaven anyway.. at least on me, I think.
I'm so glad someone else feels the same way. I absolutely abhor shaving, I really hate the way my face feels after.

Freya
04-20-2010, 09:00 PM
I hate being hot so I keep my AC really low. So this goes with sleeping I have lots of blankets but I hate being hot. SO this goes along with spooning. I can't sleep on a guy cause I get too hot. If anything I'll just lay my head on their chest or something. But when it comes to sleeping I need my space so I don't burn up D:

Also graphic discussion about sex. I can handle it fairly generalised fine, but I just.. what the hell do you want me to say? "oh good one you nailed her hard"? I'm fine just knowing you had sex okay.

and that. That bugs me. I get all uncomfy with that.

Zeldy
04-20-2010, 09:02 PM
I feel really awkward when it's too quiet. Especially at the minute, as I'm really not well with a bad throat and so I can't stop coughing, I feel so guilty for coughing and will keep apologizing for breaking the silence!

Passing someone in the corridor that is an acquaintance and you don't know whether to smile or say "hi" or say nothing at all and you have like a split second to decide. I usually say nothing at all, which is rather rude of me but I'm shy.

Mirage
04-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Sitting next to really fat people,, especially if I don't know them

PeneloRatsbane
04-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Asking another human being for something, money, affection, anything

seeing people cry

the lecture rooms at uni, stoopid uncomfortable desk to far away from stupid up and downy chairs

Talking to authoritive men

Vermachtnis
04-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Sitting next to really fat people,, especially if I don't know them

Me too. They don't just invade my personal space as much as the roll over it.

Mirage
04-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Asking another human being for something, money, affection, anything

seeing people cry

the lecture rooms at uni, stoopid uncomfortable desk to far away from stupid up and downy chairs

Talking to authoritive men

But being an authorative man is so much fun!

Shoeberto
04-20-2010, 10:41 PM
long walks down long hallways with a vague acquaintance, and I can't figure out for the life of me if I should say hi to them.
fffffffu yes
College has been the worst for this because I barely remember anybody's name

LunarWeaver
04-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Running into someone you know enough to say "How have you been?" and instead of just saying "Fine, you?" and we move along they actually answer the question. I wasn't really asking about your AIDS and troubles.

oddler
04-20-2010, 10:51 PM
I agree with the too-loose socks comment and the spooning comments to a degree.

Robostar
04-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Sitting on the train with old people and being crushed in a seat by fat people.

Madame Adequate
04-20-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm drunk and I REALLY need to pee

Hollycat
04-20-2010, 11:57 PM
People who say the word lard more than once a day

Mirage
04-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Running into someone you know enough to say "How have you been?" and instead of just saying "Fine, you?" and we move along they actually answer the question. I wasn't really asking about your AIDS and troubles.

Then don't ask

LunarWeaver
04-21-2010, 02:33 AM
Can't control it! It spills from my mouth without permission every time. I imagine if I tried to hold it I'd pass out.

Rye
04-21-2010, 02:46 AM
Yeah, that's how it is for me too, Kyle. It's being polite on impulse.

I used to have that problem with a girl I knew. She'd ask me how my weekend was just because she wanted to spill about her weekend of how she's some fashion model even though she has a dogface and she'd always demean me for being short, so I'd always try not to respond "Good, and yours?", but it'd still slip out automatically.

Jiro
04-21-2010, 03:00 AM
I find it really hard to judge when to say hello to someone in passing or whether or not to stop and talk to them or whatever. Sometimes when I'm walking and I see someone I know I just kind of pretend not to see them until the last second so there isn't this whole "I'm going to smile at you for a few seconds then maybe wave and then yell out to them or something".

Mo-Nercy
04-21-2010, 03:04 AM
I find it really hard to judge when to say hello to someone in passing or whether or not to stop and talk to them or whatever. Sometimes when I'm walking and I see someone I know I just kind of pretend not to see them until the last second so there isn't this whole "I'm going to smile at you for a few seconds then maybe wave and then yell out to them or something".
I'm a big yeller. :p

I'll shout the person's name across the street and gesture for them to come over or I'll start heading over to them. It must be very awkward for them. =]

kotora
04-21-2010, 03:09 AM
I'm a big yeller. :p

I'll shout the person's name across the street and gesture for them to come over or I'll start heading over to them. It must be very awkward for them. =]

nah only for those socially handicapped people on the internet.

Shiny
04-21-2010, 09:22 AM
A tip for people feeling uncomfortable with saying hi to people they don't really know that well. I just high five them. It's a good way of saying hi and distracts them from asking me, "DO YOU REMEMBER MY NAME" because of course I don't, but *hi five*

Today I went to some exhibit where they demonstrated the Red Cam and the dude smelled like he just came from a dumpster. Rancid smelling guy and then I look out the window in the building across from us and there's some other dude in tights doing twirlettes. Very uncomfortable day...

Bunny
04-21-2010, 09:27 AM
There was a time that I used to greet people by jumping into their arms, throwing my arms around their necks, and giving them a big kiss on the cheek.

Then people started telling me I was weird and creepy so that stopped.

Cuchulainn
04-21-2010, 11:38 AM
walking out of a shop and saying a quick hello to someone you KINDA know, only to walk in the same direction as them for a while with nothing more to say.

Jiro
04-21-2010, 04:39 PM
"See ya 'round campus"
"Yeah, see ya"
*walk in same direction*

OR BETTER YET, walk into each other as you try to leave.

Shoeberto
04-21-2010, 06:11 PM
"See ya 'round campus"
"Yeah, see ya"
*walk in same direction*
I end up in this situation constantly. I usually just end up picking a different route in order to split off from them.

Cuchulainn
04-21-2010, 07:08 PM
"See ya 'round campus"
"Yeah, see ya"
*walk in same direction*

ITS NOT JUST ME THEN! Thank fuck, thought I was cursed.

Rye
04-21-2010, 07:19 PM
I hate that too! It's really awkward. XD

Chloe.
04-21-2010, 07:31 PM
2) My parents being lovey dovey in front of me. I'm happy for them, I'm glad they're still in love and stuff over 20 years later but please not in front of me okay :(

Oh my god yes I hate this.

Also, sitting/walking with someone who I don't really know that well and having nothing to talk about with them, so awkward. :/

oddler
04-21-2010, 07:53 PM
"See ya 'round campus"
"Yeah, see ya"
*walk in same direction*

"See ya 'round campus"
"Yeah, see ya"
*walk in same direction*
I end up in this situation constantly. I usually just end up picking a different route in order to split off from them.

"See ya 'round campus"
"Yeah, see ya"
*walk in same direction*

ITS NOT JUST ME THEN! Thank smurf, thought I was cursed.

I hate that too! It's really awkward. XD

I really don't get what's so wacky about this. Just be like, "Hey, we're going the same way, it seems! That makes what we just said kind of funny." :jess:

NorthernChaosGod
04-21-2010, 08:14 PM
"See ya 'round campus"
"Yeah, see ya"
*walk in same direction*

Lol, don't any of you people have iPods? :P

Jings
04-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Pretend texting is the winner in these situations.

fire_of_avalon
04-22-2010, 02:17 AM
Panty hose.

blackmage_nuke
04-22-2010, 10:38 AM
The word "uncomfy" gives me abit of a shiver.

Rodarian
04-22-2010, 11:31 AM
walking out of a shop and saying a quick hello to someone you KINDA know, only to walk in the same direction as them for a while with nothing more to say.

Hahahaha that has happened with me several occasions!! Now either I pretended to go in another direction and then back track ..OR .... I start giving a quick small talk and prepare to divert when the time comes..

What makes me uncomfortable is people reek of bad hygiene...

Yea looks don't matter if you smell like decay....

Aerith's Knight
04-22-2010, 12:10 PM
When people ask me if I feel uncompfy.

Not even a joke.

Evastio
04-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Most of the time it's me making others uncomfortable with stuff like my singing, dancing, jokes, thoughts of the day, and the like.

But if I had to name something off the top of my head, well, it probably isn't eye contact anymore. I guess it'd have to be slivers. I was practically a sliver magnet yesterday since my formal clothes were catching wood pieces constantly.

I guess I'll give an example of an uncomfortable thought of the day: slivers up your tongue.

Hollycat
04-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Umpa Lumpas

Unbreakable Will
04-22-2010, 07:28 PM

Sweet christ, I thought I was the only one, thank god there are others.

1. Those days where NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO you simply can't get comfortable.
2. When people sit really really close to my at college...the chairs arent meant to be put together into a love-seat type of deal people.
3. The circumstance, "Hey how are you?"
"Good, you?"
*stops in front of me*
"Actually, not good. I've been having this odd rash by my..."
This has ACTUALLY happened. :mad:
4. Holding hands when it's really freaking humid and your skin pretty much fuses to the other persons hand.
5. I know this is an odd one but, I hate it when my toes touch sometimes. Like, I'll become aware of it when I'm trying to sleep or sit still, thank god it ceases to bother me when I put socks on for some reason or other.
6. Random people touching me when they talk to me, I mean, yeah, you know my name and we talk sometimes but that doesn't mean you can infiltrate my bubble. Personal space is a must.

NorthernChaosGod
04-22-2010, 10:11 PM
5. I know this is an odd one but, I hate it when my toes touch sometimes. Like, I'll become aware of it when I'm trying to sleep or sit still, thank god it ceases to bother me when I put socks on for some reason or other.

Duuuude, same here. I think I may have it worse though, sometimes I'll become aware of it during the day with my shoes on and then I can't wiggle my toes to try and separate them. :G

Cuchulainn
04-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Over-familiar people make me uncomfortable. I meet them once and a minute later they're over using my name in sentences while speaking to me & immediately asking personal questions with a stupid fucking grin painted on their bakes not to mention the gross invasion of that personal space that EVERYONE is banned from except these people;

1. My Ma for 10 seconds as we greet & 10 seconds when we say goodbye.
2. Relatives or very close friends but the occasion must be a very happy one or a very fucking sad one.
3. People on public transport but only if it's packed, if you sit beside me on an empty train or bus you are getting a fucked up look and I a moving the fuck away before you touch my bollox.
4. Flirtatious women who I find attractive (please see point 3 to see what happens if I don't find you attractive).
5. My dog

Word.

Unbreakable Will
04-23-2010, 05:55 AM

Duuuude, same here. I think I may have it worse though, sometimes I'll become aware of it during the day with my shoes on and then I can't wiggle my toes to try and separate them. :G
Everyone I know tells me I'm a freak and that its weird that it bothers me. Well in your face people! :p

Mo-Nercy
04-23-2010, 06:04 AM
Becoming aware of your breathing. And the next 15 minutes of trying to re-forget breathing and make it a non-voluntary bodily function again.

Jessweeee♪
04-23-2010, 06:28 AM
Becoming aware of your breathing. And the next 15 minutes of trying to re-forget breathing and make it a non-voluntary bodily function again.

I hate you :nonono:

NorthernChaosGod
04-23-2010, 07:16 AM
Everyone I know tells me I'm a freak and that its weird that it bothers me. Well in your face people! :p
I've never told any of my friends, so I don't get :bou::bou::bou::bou:. :monster:

You. Mother. smurfer. :mad2:

Rantz
04-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Circumcision.

Hot Shot
04-25-2010, 06:33 PM
1)Sleeping on a hot night :redface:
2)Sitting in an uncomfortable chair :mad2:
3)Wearing a backpack which is packed in a weird way so that it just feels akward on your back :mad2:
4)When ugly/fat people say "Oh, I'm so ugly/fat!" :sweatdrop
5)Being really really thirsty
6) Deluded people :screwy:
7)Being asked out by somebody you don't like and vice versa :squeeze:

LOL, I tried to use the smilies which best matched how these things make me feel.

Fuzakeru
04-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Of course, that's better than when he's like "Jess, spoon ME! I wanna be the little spoon now!"

................ omg. I awwwwwwww'd so hardcore that my awwww might be broken now.

Also, you guys have nothing on parental affection above me. One time my stepmom made mention randomly, "You know, your father really likes it when I -explicit- with -explict- while -explicit-. I should do that more often." I think the silence after that was the most awkward silence I've ever been in to date.

I get uncomfy if I'm at a bar or club or some place like that and I make eye contact with someone and they do the same but neither one of us approaches the other. xD

~*~Celes~*~
04-25-2010, 11:36 PM

Fonzie
04-25-2010, 11:49 PM

Dammit, I hate you now xD

Laddy
04-25-2010, 11:55 PM
People scratching nylon. D,:

Hollycat
04-26-2010, 02:33 AM
Keith's

missaira
04-26-2010, 05:09 AM
Seeing someone you were once really close with and then talking to them how you used to, only to have them look at you like you're a freak and move away :(

Unbreakable Will
04-26-2010, 06:43 AM
....:mad2:....

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em:
1. Noticing that you're blinking.
2. Becoming aware of your tongue.
3. Becoming aware that your bollock is stuck to your leg. (for men obviously)

Hollycat
04-26-2010, 04:56 PM
That guy from ff2 who acts all emo

Mo-Nercy
04-29-2010, 02:16 AM

ArGH!!!

My tongue! What do I do with it?!

Miss_Lulu
04-29-2010, 02:35 AM
My ex boyfriend really loved spooning, but he didn't like my hair in his face, so he would like sleep with his head on top of me, and let me tell you, that is soooooooo uncomfortable. It's like dead weight on your head and you don't want to be all mean and shove his head off cause he'll wake up and yeah. Uncomfy.

Not alot of things really make me uncomfortable. But I have the time of my life making other people uncomfortable. Most of my friends are just like me, very loud and we really do pretty much anything anyone dares us to do that would make any normal person embarrassed.
Once me, my bff jen, my sister, my sis's bff, and my cousin patrick went down to the lake at like 10 pm and there were a bunch of people sitting in and around this car, so we go on a walk by the lake and when we come back they're all still there. Now, my sister gets embarrassed really easy and she is practically always uncomfortable when we hang cause she knows I'll do something insane. Well Jen dared me to pretend that she was touching me inappropriately while we walked, as she was walking in front of me, and the rest of the crew were behind me. My sister starts freaking out saying 'Rachael don't you dare' and 'Rachael I'm going to kill you if you do' yadayada. Well I do it anyway. Starts screaming 'Oh don't touch me there' and 'Ohhh Jen, don't stop' and my sister and her bff got sooooooo uncomfortable they were like squirming and walking all weird.
Ohman, goodtimes.

Cuchulainn
04-29-2010, 02:51 AM

ArGH!!!

What the hell is wrong with you people suddenly becoming aware of body parts & functions? I worked out that I breathed and had a tongue when I was about 15. Idiots. I'm already on to my legs and have a strong suspicion there is something below them too. Dear God people catch up.

Shiny
04-29-2010, 03:47 AM

"See ya 'round campus"
"Yeah, see ya"
*walk in same direction*

Ugh, god yes, I hate that. And then you just sort of look at each other and just nod awkwardly. It's like, yep you're still here...

Unbreakable Will
04-29-2010, 04:45 AM

ArGH!!!

What the hell is wrong with you people suddenly becoming aware of body parts & functions? I worked out that I breathed and had a tongue when I was about 15. Idiots. I'm already on to my legs and have a strong suspicion there is something below them too. Dear God people catch up.
ROFL :lol:

Brunettepudding
05-02-2010, 02:40 AM
1. Whenever people I'm talking to stand too far away, or are looking away from me.
2. Whenever I used to sleep over at my ex boyfriend's house, he used to try to hold my hand when we were going to sleep. It's fine in the winter, but I can't stand it in the summer.
3. Not putting my hair up at least once in a day.
4. Dirty pennies, or dirty change in general.
5. Dollar bills that are torn or written on. I usually spend those first to get rid of them.
6. Nascar.
7. Being out of face moisturizer.
8. Not shaving. I can't STAND it when my legs are prickly, so I make sure they're always shaved.
9. Walking into a classroom late.
10. Standing very close to a boy who isn't my boyfriend. I just become super aware of everything, including his arm hair. Then I back away.

NorthernChaosGod
05-02-2010, 06:20 AM
10. Standing very close to a boy who isn't my boyfriend. I just become super aware of everything, including his arm hair. Then I back away.

:lol:

Brunettepudding
05-02-2010, 04:50 PM
:p Shut up.

NorthernChaosGod
05-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Lol, no. How about I just stand super close to you and tickle you with my arm hair?

Cuchulainn
05-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Lol, no. How about I just stand super close to you and tickle you with my arm hair?

slut

NorthernChaosGod
05-04-2010, 08:25 PM
You shame me, sir. :colbert:

Rianoa
05-04-2010, 08:52 PM
fat bald people.