PDA

View Full Version : Playstation netowork

Masamunemaster
04-20-2010, 04:07 AM
Ok first off I wasnt to into the PSN for a while but I finally broke down, and in the process of getting some more games(Resident evil 3, silent hill origins, and wild arms 2) after obtaining suikoden which Ive always loved. I dont know how they do all the releases of games on there or anything so I thought I would ask here.

Is there any chance they will be putting Suikoden 2 on the PSN sometime soon?

VeloZer0
04-20-2010, 04:22 AM
I would think the answer to that lies in how good the sales of Suikoden I were.

Masamunemaster
04-20-2010, 05:19 AM
well it was so great I had to buy it, I got lucky that it was only $5.99. Also, the fact that I saw 2 on ebay for almost $400-$600 should mean its in a big demand....I cant find it anywhere here and I dont have the cash to throw for a $600 game lol

Flying Arrow
04-20-2010, 05:21 AM
^ If so, that's a terrible strategy by Sony. It's not like Suikoden II isn't developed yet and Suikoden I's sales determine whether the company stays open or not. II's already made and is widely considered the best in the series (or at least better than I). It's like if Sony decided not to put FFVII on PSOne classics because FFVI didn't sell as well as they'd hoped. That's because FFVII is the game people want anyway! In this case, just give 'em what they want.

(Note to other posters: this isn't a debate on the merits of FFVI, VII or others; I'm only using them as an example for a hypothetical situation)

Slothy
04-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Sony's not really in charge of what comes out for PSOne Classics anyway. It's up to Konami if they bring out Suikoden II. Anyway, it's hard to say if it will ever come out. It seems there's been a drought of good PSOne classics lately, and even though more keep coming out, it's up to the companies that made these games if they want to take the effort to port them over and sell them. Plus support has never been as good as it is in Japan. Eventually I'm sure we'll see most games released this way, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the next Sony console where we see the library completed.

There's always hope though, but no way of knowing if we'll see it any time soon. Suikoden was released years ago already with no sign of the second so who knows.

Bolivar
04-20-2010, 04:31 PM
In an IGN article, one of the top Sony guys (http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1065686p1.html) talked about how PSOne Classics have been coming along and that there's an initiative to get more developers to release that back catalogue.

I would wait until E3... It's only like 60 days away or something.

Masamunemaster
04-20-2010, 07:45 PM
I guess I can wait...Ive got others I wanna play also(blue dragon, infinite undiscovery, and a few others) that make it hard trying to decide what to play frst lol