PDA

View Full Version : Most Satisfying Ending

Omni-Odin
04-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Just wanted to get a poll going. I want to know which ending of a FF is most satisfying to you, on the basis of awesomeness and clarity for what happened. I played through every FF ending last night to get a fresh view on things. My money has to be on Tactics or X. The most unfulfilling were V and VI.

Hollycat
04-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Crisis core

Jiro
04-20-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm unsure. I haven't finished all of them, but I can't say I was completely satisfied with any of the endings I have seen. I was sad to see their journey over, and there were, on occasion, points that weren't covered completely that I would have liked to see wrapped up at the end.

Vermachtnis
04-20-2010, 04:46 PM
I thought V was pretty fulfilling. The world was saved and Butz and Faris went off to have more sexy pirate adventures.

VeloZer0
04-21-2010, 12:58 AM
Great, now I have to go through and watch all the endings again because I don't remember most of them. My favorite endings are FFVII and FFT, but that is because they left a lot of stuff that was subject to interpretation and made you think about it. Don't know if that can qualify as satisfying though.

Vivisteiner
04-21-2010, 01:08 AM
Of the ones I've played, my favourite is FFIX's.

I thought the Zidane and Garnet reunion was particularly satisfying. And although Vivi's death brought a tear to my eye, it nevertheless felt like he had conquered death and come to terms with it in his final speech. His children were too fun as well.

Mo-Nercy
04-21-2010, 01:48 AM
I agree that IX has the most satisfying ending. If we're including the bit where Zidane tries to save Kuja, I think it makes for a nice 'makes your heart flutter' wrap up of the story.

kotora
04-21-2010, 10:27 AM
FFX for me. It wrapped up the story good and it gave us a nice mystery flash after the credits. Of course the mystery was completely ruined with FFX-2 because Square-Enix sucks balls. Same for FF7, which had a somewhat less good ending because the story kind of died down at the third disc. The "500 years later" part went pretty good with the theme of the story though.

Slothy
04-21-2010, 11:55 AM
The most unfulfilling were V and VI.

How was VI unfulfilling? I actually found it to be one of the most satisfying. Most of the loose threads with the characters were tied up and it ended on a hopeful note which was kind of nice given how little hope there is for much of the second half.

Marshall Banana
04-21-2010, 06:44 PM
FFVII! Its ending brings Aerith back in a way, and that makes me happy! Plus, I love the music.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/pixel/finalfantasy/aerith_01.gif

Garnie
04-21-2010, 08:07 PM
I liked the endings VII to X. If it makes me cry its a god ending, but X was the best. I would have said VII but X had the saddest ending. IX comes in after because im a sucker for a romantic happy ending and i thought that was just sweet. Also the matrix monkey just makes me lol. x

blackmage_nuke
04-22-2010, 04:10 AM
I'd have to say VI, brilliant music and every character tended to.

Loony BoB
04-22-2010, 04:30 PM
VIII, if only because it shows the aftermath, something which most FF games don't do. I mean, the plot itself for me made little sense, but the ending was worth it - seeing the Garden float past all the random peoples, seeing the celebrations going on the 'home video', that sort of thing made it very satisfying for me.

Evastio
04-22-2010, 04:39 PM
FFIV, considering the story was much deeper than the previous three (especially when it came to the characters) and the fact that everyone's endings were rather happy (except for Kain's, but he chose to not return to Baron, so he potentially could've had a happy ending but he didn't want one until he considered himself worthy).

black orb
04-23-2010, 02:38 AM
>>> FF9..:luca:

cloud21zidane16
04-25-2010, 09:08 PM
IX because the story just wrapped up nicely and its also in the brief futureSeeing Alexandria restored etc just made it better for me:)

Bolivar
04-26-2010, 02:42 AM
For awesomeness and Clarity I guess IX. Some endings were more awesome, but IX had a balance of the two. I still had unresolved questions in each of Tactics, X, and XII which would have won out on this.

Jessweeee♪
04-26-2010, 07:35 AM
FFX! Fighting all of Yuna's aeons and Yu-Yevon knowing it'll be the last thing Tidus ever does was just heartbreaking. The music was wonderful :3

Hot Shot
04-26-2010, 09:10 PM
X probably had the best ending, but it wasn't the most satisfying because they left us with many questions about Tidus and Spira's future, and it needed X-2 to 'complete' the story and make the ending fufilling and satisfying.

That being said, I believe that FFIX had the most satisfying ending as it was very happy, it cleared things up and it tied all the loose ends.

Brennan
04-27-2010, 12:51 AM
Final Fantasy IV was satisfying, mainly because I had trouble w/Zeromus.
Final Fantasy II was satisfying, because I was only doing about 1000-1500 damage on the boss.
Final Fantasy IX was a cool ending, Zidane helping Kuja, and Zidane appearing for Garnet.

I'm indecisive :eep:

Depression Moon
04-27-2010, 12:53 AM
Tie between two of my favorites. IX and X

Clo
04-27-2010, 03:42 AM
IX was so satisfying. It tied everything up, it was happy, it was sad. Necron sucked, but oh well.

I hated VIII's ending. I spent so long trying to beat that game, and what do they give me? A surreal broken record with a vague ending? Meh.

charliepanayi
04-27-2010, 07:21 AM
A tie between VIII (vague? You can't get less vague than the camcorder bit!) and IX (simply because it's so sweet).

No.78
05-01-2010, 06:01 PM
FF9 has loose ends...

Del Murder
05-12-2010, 12:17 AM
IX had the best ending imo.