PDA

View Full Version : Middle Children

Yar
04-21-2010, 05:23 AM
II, V, VIII and X-2 seem to get the least amount of love... :( But they're my favorites!! Multiples of 3 rule my ass. :mad:

Discuss why the middle-games are so much more awesome than their system-siblings.

blackmage_nuke
04-21-2010, 09:35 AM
The middle game wouldnt be X-2 it would be XI

Yar
04-21-2010, 02:17 PM
The middle game wouldnt be X-2 it would be XI
Nah :p

Marshall Banana
04-21-2010, 06:54 PM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/finalfantasy/5818313_m.jpg

arcanedude34
04-21-2010, 08:06 PM
I think V gets a fair amount of love. Almost any "under-appreciated" thread will have the majority of people saying V, at least, so consider it a cult classic. =p

VeloZer0
04-22-2010, 01:01 AM
I think the problem with me (and a lot of other people I assume) isn't that they don't think FFV is an amazing game, it's that the series is so chocked full of amazing games that even if FFV is exceedingly good in relation to games in general, it is less impressive when compared against other Final Fantasy titles.
Oddly enough, if it wasn't a Final Fantasy title and was called something else I would probably appreciate it more.

Flying Arrow
04-22-2010, 03:26 PM
V might be my favourite game in the whole series. Probably the best gameplay up to and maybe even including XII.

VIII is a pretty good game. Nowhere near VII in any way, and probably not as solid gameplay-wise as IX, but still more interesting for me.

II I played so long ago that I barely remember anything except not liking it. X-2 I've never played because I don't like to do things like that to myself.

Loony BoB
04-22-2010, 04:26 PM
V is my favourite of the first six games, and VIII is probably my second favourite of the remainder (after VII, before XIII).

Marshall Banana
04-22-2010, 08:56 PM
VIII has the worst dialogue out of all the installments, so it's no wonder that the game turns people off.

"CHICKEN-WUSS!"

"FRICKIN' HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Rebellious Eagle
04-22-2010, 10:23 PM
VIII does get a lot of love, but of course my favorite of them is V.

VIII has the worst dialogue out of all the installments, so it's no wonder that the game turns people off.

"CHICKEN-WUSS!"

"FRICKIN' HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The first time I turned on the game and saw that dialogue, I thought I bought a fake FFVIII. It just seems so out of place in an FF game.