PDA

View Full Version : Quick give the international distress signal!

Iceglow
04-22-2010, 01:47 AM
I'm flying to Egypt (Sharm El Sheik) in a couple of hours, in fact my long long journey begins at 03:33 GMT which is merely an hour and a bit away now...yeah no sleep til takeoff for me! I'm kinda in that bouncy mood where one minute I feel I've set what I want from my hand luggage but then I think "oh no but I want to take this with me" the "this" is generally speaking, my laptop I'm aware the hotel room will have a safe for valuble goods what will keep it secure but I'm still concerned about taking it my travel insurance covers baggage up to £500 but my laptop is £800 to begin with. I'm not overly concerned about damage, I have private insurance to deal with that on it. However the risk of theft does bother me...it's a painful decision.

So to give a topic on this...

If you were going on holiday would you take something very valuble and important to you on it?

Jiro
04-22-2010, 03:01 AM
Take the clothes on my back a wallet in my pocket, buy everything you need including a suitcase over there. That's how the pros do it amirite Breine? :breine:

Cuchulainn
04-22-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm flying to Egypt (Sharm El Sheik) in a couple of hours, in fact my long long journey begins at 03:33 GMT which is merely an hour and a bit away now...yeah no sleep til takeoff for me! I'm kinda in that bouncy mood where one minute I feel I've set what I want from my hand luggage but then I think "oh no but I want to take this with me" the "this" is generally speaking, my laptop I'm aware the hotel room will have a safe for valuble goods what will keep it secure but I'm still concerned about taking it my travel insurance covers baggage up to £500 but my laptop is £800 to begin with. I'm not overly concerned about damage, I have private insurance to deal with that on it. However the risk of theft does bother me...it's a painful decision.

So to give a topic on this...

If you were going on holiday would you take something very valuble and important to you on it?

Do you have home insurance with Personal Possessions outside of home added? If so that should cover your laptop if stolen.

I work in insurance.

BarelySeeAtAll
04-22-2010, 02:52 PM
I don't really go away to decide whether or not to take this and that, to be honest. I went up to Birmingham the other day and I just kept nervously checking my coming home tickets.

Otherwise I just take me, myself, and I :D QUIT PANICKING it's not too long now ^______^ Hope you have fun, regardless. You could always keep your laptop on you, somewhere people don't mug ;)

Breine
04-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Take the clothes on my back a wallet in my pocket, buy everything you need including a suitcase over there. That's how the pros do it amirite Breine? :breine:

u r rite :breine: