PDA

View Full Version : Are you planning on playing?

Miriel
04-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Just trying to get a general idea of how many EoFFers are planning on playing FFXIV around the time of the official launch. Enough people for a linkshell, yes??

Edit: Boo, the poll doesn't show who voted for what. Guess I'll make a list instead.

For Sure:
Miriel
Del Murder
Ultimage
Omecle
Ouch!
Mezlabor
Loony BoB
smittenkitten

Maybe:
Mo-Nercy

Hollycat
04-21-2010, 11:30 PM
cant afford it

Ultimage
04-22-2010, 12:01 AM
I'll be playing from launch, no matter what.

Vivisteiner
04-22-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm worried about the time. I've heard these games eat up day after day of your life.

If only that weren't true.

Rostum
04-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Yes. Definitely.

I think Ouch is going to as well.

Mo-Nercy
04-22-2010, 12:46 AM
I've never seriously played any MMOs before, but so far, FFXIV looks interesting. I'm considering it and leaning towards 'yes'.

Mezlabor
04-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Ill be there from day one already organizing a linkshell for it

Del Murder
04-22-2010, 04:00 AM
I fixed the poll but it had to be reset. So people should revote if you voted already.

I am definitely playing this.

oddler
04-22-2010, 06:49 AM
I'm planning on playing but that's mostly contingent upon me getting a PS3 and the required stuff before or at launch. I don't know if my current PC will be able to consistently handle it.

No.78
04-22-2010, 07:28 AM
Yep, yep.

Bunny
04-22-2010, 10:14 AM
I haven't completely decided whether or not I'll make the jump from WoW to FF14 but the chances are fairly likely that I will at least check it out and see what it is about.

Loony BoB
04-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Added Danielle and myself to the list.

KentaRawr!
04-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Lionx once said that he'd be playing day one, but I can't exactly source that because it was in a chat box on FFXI a long time ago. :p Don't really know if it's true anymore.

Anyway, my situation is the same as Oddler's, so I'm planning on playing.

Levian
04-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Yes, I simply can't miss this launch, and I'll be sad if it isn't a worldwide launch on the same day, but I'll play regardless.

Freya
04-22-2010, 04:42 PM
I would like to play from launch but more likely than not I wont have the money. I hope to play it eventually but we'll just have to see when it gets here!

Ouch!
04-22-2010, 06:05 PM
I may wait a little while to let Square Enix sort things out with updates once the game launches; depends how extensive their beta testing is.

Jessweeee♪
04-22-2010, 10:51 PM
I definitely want to someday. I'm not sure if I'll be ready by launch, though.

Aydin
04-22-2010, 11:57 PM
I am going to play for sure! If it was anything as addicting as FFXI, I'll be playing for a looooooong time!

Mo-Nercy
04-22-2010, 11:59 PM
I feel guilty being the only 'maybe' at this stage.

Bad indecisive Mo!

Madame Adequate
04-23-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm interesting in playing if it fixes a few problems that I have with IX

Loony BoB
04-23-2010, 01:46 PM
I don't think FFIX will have much to do with FFXIV. ;)

Madame Adequate
04-25-2010, 12:25 PM

:mad2: Let's hope not!

Hot Shot
04-25-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm definately up for playing this, it looks uber cool! But only if I can afford it :(

Rostum
04-25-2010, 02:03 PM

Don't you like FF9? :(

*Devore*
04-25-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm definitely buying it on launch, whether or not I can afford to play it straight away is an enigma. Though I should be on it by mid september.

Madame Adequate
04-25-2010, 06:41 PM

I do not :( But I recognize it as being a good game that's simply not to my taste, rather than being a bad game.

Miriel
04-25-2010, 06:41 PM

If FF14 had more of a FF9 vibe, I would be so happy. Too bad it doesn't. :(

Rostum
04-26-2010, 12:17 AM

I do not :( But I recognize it as being a good game that's simply not to my taste, rather than being a bad game.

I can appreciate that. :)

Quindiana Jones
04-26-2010, 01:02 AM
I didn't much care for XI. Hopefully XIV will be more "just pop in to kill time" friendly. I'd quite happily pay a monthly fee for a game I can just hop into for an hour or two every day. But I never found XI being this accessible. For one, it took 5 years to move a metre (...okay, exaggeration), and it was also too complicated to get into any story anywhere. I appreciate the idea of not being shown where to go and all, and I can understand why people like this, but I personally didn't enjoy it. A game shouldn't assume you magically know every destination in it and how to get there.

Rostum
04-26-2010, 08:52 AM
I didn't much care for XI. Hopefully XIV will be more "just pop in to kill time" friendly. I'd quite happily pay a monthly fee for a game I can just hop into for an hour or two every day. But I never found XI being this accessible. For one, it took 5 years to move a metre (...okay, exaggeration), and it was also too complicated to get into any story anywhere. I appreciate the idea of not being shown where to go and all, and I can understand why people like this, but I personally didn't enjoy it. A game shouldn't assume you magically know every destination in it and how to get there.

I don't think MMO's are for you, but the developers did voice they want to market the game towards both casual and hardcore players. So we'll see how things pan out.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-28-2010, 07:55 AM
Most likely I will want to give the game a shot. MMORPGs tend to end badly for me, but I think if there are some people I can have fun playing it with, I might end up enjoying it. :D

Clo
04-28-2010, 01:26 PM
I've never played a MMORPG, so I probably won't start now. I don't feel like spending the money on that. =/

Miriel
04-28-2010, 08:08 PM
17-ish people. Not a ton, but still a good chunk of people to play with. Maybe the closer we get to the actual launch, the more we can coerce other EoFFers to play. :greenie:

Del Murder
04-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Only need 1 more for an alliance.

Ultimage
04-29-2010, 02:19 AM
I think 17 people is more than enough to max out a party. Isn't the party size maximum 15 right now?

Loony BoB
04-29-2010, 10:20 AM
There is a maximum party size? And it's that low? That's horrible.

EDIT: Oh, wait, party. I thought you were referring to clans or linkshells or whatever they're called in this game.

oddler
04-29-2010, 12:30 PM
This thread alone is probably the main driver for me wanting to play this game, guys. :heart:

Del Murder
04-29-2010, 07:03 PM
I doubt there will be a limit on linkshells. I was actually referring to the 18 person limit to an alliance in FFXI. I don't know what the limit is in this game.

Once the game is closer to release we'll bump the forum to the top and hopefully get a ton more EoFFers to join us!

Madame Adequate
04-30-2010, 01:44 AM
Is XIV going to have international servers like XI did? Every game should do that.

Rostum
04-30-2010, 02:33 AM
Is XIV going to have international servers like XI did? Every game should do that.

Yes. And all platforms will be on the same server (like PS3, PC, etc.).

Octavious
04-30-2010, 09:11 AM
I'll be playing at launch. ;)

*Devore*
04-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Do you think it will be easier to play on the PC or PS3? I was thinking PC, but my PC is kinda old, so it will probably run faster on my PS3.

Loony BoB
04-30-2010, 11:54 AM
There should be some kind of download which will give you an idea of how efficiently your PC will run the game - that's what they did with FFXI, anyway. Download that once it's released and you should have a better idea of which you'll want to use for the game.

Quindiana Jones
05-02-2010, 12:33 AM

I don't think MMO's are for you, but the developers did voice they want to market the game towards both casual and hardcore players. So we'll see how things pan out.

Does Runescape count? Because I used to play that like a motherfucker. Though, thinking back, I had the same initial problems there. Those being "where the Christ am I, and where the hell should I be?". But in a game like RS, I wasn't murdered immediately for even thinking about exploring.

All they'd really need to do to get me in would be to make it a little less dependant on epic level grinding. In RS, you level grind so you can kill harder things etc., and you skill grind to get better stats and stuff. All fair enough. But you didn't have to grind if you just wanted a place to chill with some buddies. In FFXI...well, firstly I didn't have any buddies xD. But more importantly, there was nothing for me to do other than grind like a bastard if I wanted to check out another town.

Rostum
05-02-2010, 01:11 AM
RS is ass compared to a lot of MMO's...

But in either case, with FFXI and from what I've played of FFXIV there is a lot of room to explore in all aspects.

Ouch!
05-02-2010, 05:30 AM
Quin, your problem is that you're using Runescape as a basis of comparison for your opinions about MMORPGs.

Jessweeee♪
05-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Every time I went out exploring I had a lot of fun trying to sneak around enemies and stuff like that and finding new places. Of course I would always change my mind about this when a goblin ate me and I had to start over :(

I'm torn!

Aydin
05-03-2010, 05:40 PM
All the members of this forum should totally go on the same server and I'll make a Linkshell just for us! ...If they are still called Linkshells...

Mirage
05-03-2010, 09:11 PM
true story, bro

Quindiana Jones
05-04-2010, 07:05 PM

But in either case, with FFXI and from what I've played of FFXIV there is a lot of room to explore in all aspects.

Quin, your problem is that you're using Runescape as a basis of comparison for your opinions about MMORPGs.

I completely agree that RS is ass. Even compared to ass, it's ass. But the fact remains that I was able to move from town to town, running and :bou::bou::bou::bou:ting my pants at the lower levels but still actually managing to get away from enemies.

No way is there a lot of room to explore in the actual walking around sense. Don't get me wrong, you can train pretty much every skill from your home town, but if you go outside and want to have a look around, within 3 minutes you're completely outclassed. As much as I love killing rabbits for 5 hours, then killing goblins for 10, I don't think these things should be necessary in order to get to the next area.

Crossblades
05-07-2010, 05:54 PM
As much I would like to, I'm not gonna be able to play it. I quit playing FFXI last October so picking up another MMO to play is a no-no for me. Especially when I rarely have enough time to play. Maybe in the future I will, but for now, I'm staying away from it. However, just out of curiosity, I'll still be looking at future updates for this game.

Ouch!
05-07-2010, 06:15 PM

I completely agree that RS is ass. Even compared to ass, it's ass. But the fact remains that I was able to move from town to town, running and :bou::bou::bou::bou:ting my pants at the lower levels but still actually managing to get away from enemies.

No way is there a lot of room to explore in the actual walking around sense. Don't get me wrong, you can train pretty much every skill from your home town, but if you go outside and want to have a look around, within 3 minutes you're completely outclassed. As much as I love killing rabbits for 5 hours, then killing goblins for 10, I don't think these things should be necessary in order to get to the next area.
So your argument is more "GRIND DO NOT WANT" instead of "DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO" then?

Del Murder
05-07-2010, 07:21 PM
I really hope there isn't a huge grind factor in this game, but I have my doubts. Even FFXIII had a huge grind factor and that's a single player game.

Loony BoB
05-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Given that MMO's are pretty much always about the grind, I'm highly confident it will have a massive grind factor. I mean, how else would you do it?

Del Murder
05-07-2010, 09:34 PM
You can have the grind but not make it as bad. In FFXI for example they have taken steps in the last couple years to give more variety and ease into gaining exp, but it's still pretty bad. Gaining gil in FFXIII also didn't have to be as bad. I'm just hoping for less grind. Camping in one spot for 4 hours fighting the same exact enemies the same exact way just to get 1 level is unnecessary and pointless.

Quindiana Jones
05-07-2010, 11:08 PM

So your argument is more "GRIND DO NOT WANT" instead of "DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO" then?[/QUOTE]

Not really. There's nothing wrong with a grind. I grind in pretty much every RPG game, and MMOs are no different. It's that you can't do anything until you've grinded. Grinding should be necessary if you want to get good at the game, get rich, fight the best bosses etc.. It shouldn't be necessary if you want to pop next door for a cup of tea with your mate. There's no reason that a person wouldn't be able to go from city A to city B for a fee and cut out the big dangerous journey. A train network or some such thing. You can understand the reason not to have something like trains in XI, but from what I've seen of XIV, it would be a completely viable option.

Rostum
05-08-2010, 02:22 AM
I have to admit, the grind in FFXI is still daunting for me and I have 3 level 75's and pretty much every other job at level 40. I think I was only able to do most of that because life hadn't caught up to me - which it is now.

So I really hope that the grind isn't bad. At least not like Aion...

Mirage
05-08-2010, 02:48 AM
oh yeah, and add me to that list

I've already got a group of dudes to play with though
so if they end up on a different server than you, sry all

Tseng
05-09-2010, 08:37 PM
I've never seriously played any MMOs before, but so far, FFXIV looks interesting. I'm considering it and leaning towards 'yes'.

Im in the exact same boat. My internet has blown hard for longer than I can stand to tolerate so Ive never entertained the idea of playing an MMO. If people like it and it gets solid reviews post launch I might just trounce about in that massively consuming world....maybe

Mercen-X
05-10-2010, 10:20 PM
I didn't pay to play XI. XIV will be no different.

Ashi
08-21-2010, 12:11 PM
I definitely plan to play. Would be nice to play with other EoFFers even though I don't really know much about the game, yet.

ChickenHeart
08-21-2010, 12:48 PM
I won't get it for the PC because i've never liked playing with the keybored that much, and i don't have enough memory. But i'll get it for PS3 when it comes out...good couple of months away :(

ljkkjlcm9
08-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Guess I should say I'm definitely playing in this thread too.
Pre-ordered, Special Edition too (so one week "early"), looking forward to it. Hope to link up with some of you all!

THE JACKEL

Nifleheim7
08-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Yes.
On PS3.

Logie
08-24-2010, 04:40 AM
Yes, because of the persuasiveness of a friend.. she's quite violent. :(

escobert
08-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Nope sorry Guild Wars 2 for me :p

Miriel
09-09-2010, 08:25 AM
So I think that Del Murder and I are going to be waiting for the PS3 launch before diving into this game. The game refuses to work on my computer, despite the fact that benchmark runs great. And Square hasn't done anything for all the people who have experienced the same troubles. I honestly don't think they care at all. Can't run the game? Sucks to be you!

Also, totally not interested in paying for what will essentially be a paid Beta. Didn't Square say that the Auction House won't even be implemented until a month or two after the initial launch? I'll wait a few months for Square to sort things out, which I expect them to do in time for the PS3 launch.

Have fun guys, and post lots of stories & pictures!

Loony BoB
09-09-2010, 09:12 AM
From what I've seen of the early FFXI logs, you can call it "paying for a beta" but it's no different to the Japanese getting the game early or any other MMO at release - there will always be a lot of problems early on. So many people are pulling this "we're paying for a beta!" card that it's tiring now. No, you're not. From what I understand, very few if any MMO's have ever had an AH at release.

The current rumour/theory is that SE will time the AH, player houses etc. for the PS3 release. Which means that you guys could say, for the initial month, that you're beta testing the AH & housing. But really, everyone knows you're paying for a game and it's pretty much as simple as that.

I don't mind people saying they'll wait until things are smoothed out, but it's not a paid beta as a beta is gone once everything smooths out, and you start again. This will be the real deal! I'd be more annoyed about a delay in release date than having to play without an AH, but that's just me - I know a number of people feel differently.

There are very few problems with the game for me. The biggest is the UI lag, but it's improving day-by-day (but crafting is still a bitch). Other issues include the lack of AH, but so long as everyone is in the same situation then I don't mind too much - I'd rather an AH at release but the game works without it so far. The only other real issue I have is the lack of sorting options for your 80-item inventory. To start off with 80 auto-stacking slots is naturally an improvement on FFXI but with that large number comes a desire to be able to manage the items effectively. Hopefully they fix that at some point.

The software mouse some complain about is a non-issue for me as there isn't enough lag to make it annoying at all for myself. Not sure what they're complaining about, but oh well. The only other issues I once had were all to do with chat, but they've been ironed out now so yay for progress in beta.

Miriel
09-09-2010, 09:44 AM
So many people are pulling this "we're paying for a beta!" card that it's tiring now.
Why is it tiring? It's how a lot of people feel, and it's a legitimate way to think in my opinion.

I have no doubt that Square will keep polishing FFXIV and that it will get better and better. But it make sense for people to see a Beta version that needs a lot of work done, and think twice about paying $80 for the retail version only 2-3 week later. The incredibly short time frame between the two is reason enough for people to associate those first few months more with Beta than with a retail game. If there is a huge improvement between Beta and the retail version, then it's all a non-issue of course. And I'm sure a ton of people who are hesitating will be plopping down the cash and will jump right in. But as it stands right now, it makes every bit of sense for someone to think that the game in it's Beta form as it stands right now, Sept 9th, is in all likelihood going to be very similar to the game in it's retail form on Sept 22nd.

I feel like Square knows that this is a soft launch in anticipation for the "real" launch in March. The people who are willing to pay for these first few months know it too. And so do the people who aren't willing to pay. So what exactly is the problem with people referring to the September 22nd launch as a paid Beta? Is it the word "Beta" that's the problem? Would it be better if people remarked about how they don't want to pay for a Gamma version of the game? If it's the word Beta that's hanging you up, then I think it's silly to get caught up in semantics when the meaning behind what people are saying is perfectly clear. Wait until the game is more polished, it's as simple as that.

Paid, unpaid, whatever, I still think that playing at the launch will be tons of fun, and I'm a little jealous of the people who get to be a part of that. But it's not like I even have a choice in the matter! So I'll let you guys do all the heavy lifting and join in when the waters are a little less rough.

Loony BoB
09-09-2010, 12:59 PM
It's tiring because no matter what MMO you come up with, it wasn't fully prepared at launch, it wasn't ready. Most likely it would not have had an Auction House, would have had server crashes, would have had lag, would have had balancing issues, etc. etc. etc. From what I've read about each of the "changelogs" I've read over for the first year of launch of various major MMO's, they always start out this way. Does that mean you're paying for Beta? No, it doesn't. Does that mean the game is broken? Well, it's not fixed, so maybe. But is it playable? Absolutely. Does it have enough to keep most people busy? Sure. But people have been complaining left right and center about all sorts of things - even some saying that they shouldn't have to grind in an MMO, which was rather perplexing.

MMO's simply don't go live without a lot of things missing and a lot of things broken. It's standard. If you want to play it at launch, then you can call it paying for beta or whatever, but this is what you get. It's not SE that came up with this strategy and to be honest I'm just glad that they are fixing things over the past week that make things noticeably better. The chat issues (that I had) are all resolved as of two days ago, and a lot of actual genuine "broken game" instances have gone, along with the constant server crashes. This, to me, is progress. I can play the game and enjoy myself.

In a poll I was looking at the other day, 75% of people were enjoying playing the open beta and would buy the game and were excited.

EDIT: And to answer your specific question, my problem is that people are flaming FFXIV everywhere for "allowing" the PC to be a "PS3 Beta" and saying they should have waited for a further six months for release instead, as if SE would endorse six months of open beta as a freebie. The various FFXIV forums are full of a few people going around every thread and slagging FFXIV off, mostly coming from late FFXI with what is essentially a "Why can't they have everything FFXI has right now at launch?" argument and the others coming from WOW slating everything they possibly can.

A large number of people then sit with what are felt to be trolls and the debate never ends. That's what I found tiring. :p

A beta is a pre-release. To say we are paying for a beta is inaccurate. We are paying for an initially flawed product, but not a beta. Of course, some could say that if you joined FFXI right now, you're paying for a flawed product there, too, because they don't have everything that FFXIV has...

Dignified Pauper
09-09-2010, 01:56 PM
I will be getting this in March with the PS3 update. I don't have the cash, and never will, to spend on a new PC. AAAAND, I hear it's more designed to play like a it is on a consoles, because it is better with a controller, and I don't mind buying one of those little keyboard things for PS3.

Del Murder
09-09-2010, 06:21 PM
A beta is a pre-release. To say we are paying for a beta is inaccurate. We are paying for an initially flawed product, but not a beta. Of course, some could say that if you joined FFXI right now, you're paying for a flawed product there, too, because they don't have everything that FFXIV has...
And FFXI is also flawed because it doesn't have everything FFVI has. And my ham sandwich is flawed because it doesn't have everything a filet mignon has. Stop using your invented logic, it's annoying!

Anyway, whatever you want to call it, pay for beta, flawed product, etc., the fact of the matter is FFXIV is an unfinished game. That's not to say no other MMO's are finished at their release, I'm sure most aren't. FFXI had mobs attacking you while on a Chocobo when it was first released! You could even say FFXI is still unfinished, since they still release updates for it. What I think people are complaining about is that FFXIV is a lot more unpolished and unfinished than they expected. They think SE knows this but is releasing it anyway, so that they can get the product out there ASAP and start collecting money from people. With a standard console game you have to make sure it's perfect before you release it. With a MMO there is the ability to 'fix it along the way'. Many people think SE is doing this, and in a way much worse than is done in most MMOs, even FFXI. They didn't expect it to be so flawed at this stage due to the fact that SE learned so much from FFXI.

It's really up to the individual to determine how complete they think the game is and if it's worth playing at launch. Obviously SE has content release and fixes planned for many years, like with FFXI. The bottom line is: many did not expect it to need as much fixing and updating as it does.

For me, I am reading the complaints and from what I can tell FFXIV is not in a state that it is worth paying monthly for at launch. It still needs a lot of work. So I'm fine with waiting for the PS3 launch where I'm sure there will be a ton of fixes and updates made. As it stands, I really have no choice anyway, since I'm not going to buy a new computer just to play this game!

Miriel
09-09-2010, 06:30 PM
It's tiring because no matter what MMO you come up with, it wasn't fully prepared at launch, it wasn't ready. Most likely it would not have had an Auction House, would have had server crashes, would have had lag, would have had balancing issues, etc. etc. etc. From what I've read about each of the "changelogs" I've read over for the first year of launch of various major MMO's, they always start out this way. Does that mean you're paying for Beta? No, it doesn't. Does that mean the game is broken? Well, it's not fixed, so maybe. But is it playable? Absolutely. Does it have enough to keep most people busy? Sure. But people have been complaining left right and center about all sorts of things - even some saying that they shouldn't have to grind in an MMO, which was rather perplexing.

MMO's simply don't go live without a lot of things missing and a lot of things broken. It's standard. If you want to play it at launch, then you can call it paying for beta or whatever, but this is what you get. It's not SE that came up with this strategy and to be honest I'm just glad that they are fixing things over the past week that make things noticeably better. The chat issues (that I had) are all resolved as of two days ago, and a lot of actual genuine "broken game" instances have gone, along with the constant server crashes. This, to me, is progress. I can play the game and enjoy myself.

In a poll I was looking at the other day, 75% of people were enjoying playing the open beta and would buy the game and were excited.

EDIT: And to answer your specific question, my problem is that people are flaming FFXIV everywhere for "allowing" the PC to be a "PS3 Beta" and saying they should have waited for a further six months for release instead, as if SE would endorse six months of open beta as a freebie. The various FFXIV forums are full of a few people going around every thread and slagging FFXIV off, mostly coming from late FFXI with what is essentially a "Why can't they have everything FFXI has right now at launch?" argument and the others coming from WOW slating everything they possibly can.

A large number of people then sit with what are felt to be trolls and the debate never ends. That's what I found tiring. :p

So basically, you ARE arguing over semantics. :o It's the word "beta" that's tripping you up, not the intentions or meanings behind why people are saying what they're saying.

No one is telling you not to enjoy the game btw. You should enjoy it. But I don't think it's really fair to come out in full defensive mode when others complain about it, especially when they're NOT trolling and it's not like this forum is riddled with complaints to begin with.

And I honestly believe that the more people speak up with their legitimate complaints, and the more people hold out on buying the game, the faster SE will implement the changes necessary to make the game a success. So I say, let people complain away! Let people vote with their wallets. And let SE respond accordingly. This isn't like a regular Final Fantasy where complaining gets you nowhere. Here, complaining and demanding changes actually facilitates progress. So enjoy the game and let others you don't enjoy it as much get their venting out. It doesn't hurt you.

And btw, as far as THIS forum and MY post are concerned, I don't think I was complaining at all. I have no problem waiting. It's not an inconvenience for me to wait. And I am excited for the PS3 launch. Take your frustrations about people trolling and take it to the forums where it's actually happening. ;)

Loony BoB
09-09-2010, 07:51 PM
I agree that complaining is valid where complaints are due. I'm just of the impression that some people are complaining about things just to complain. Some of them even complain about things that aren't even true, which seems to happen more often in recent times at other FFXIV-focused forums, and that's a shame because one starts to think that if the devs were to follow these forums, they'd be very confused and spend a lot of time weeding through false accusations and even more assumptions before they got to the actual things that are genuinely worth complaining about.

The other downside is people who might actually enjoy the game are put off entirely from all the complaints because the complainers always outvoice the people who are enjoying things (because those people are too busy enjoying the game :D or can't be arsed to argue). As I said, a large poll recently had something like 75% of people still pumped for the release. But yeah, people get put off and sometimes that's not fair... they should judge for themselves instead of going by other's opinions. Lionx thinks the mouse lag is horrendous and potentially dealbreaking - I think it's better daily and over the last four or so days I think that it's no longer an issue, although he still does. It's opinion, a lot of it.

I know I should let people attack the game but everyone should equally be allowed to defend it or else the only reviews you ever read about any game would be bad ones. And that would be silly.

Del Murder
09-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Where was that poll issued that showed the 75%? If it was at a general gaming site then that's a pretty good number, but if it was at a FFXIV site I would say that's a not good sign.

Loony BoB
09-09-2010, 08:14 PM
An FFXIV site - I would be stunned if a place like IGN got 75% of their members saying it was exciting because most gamers don't give a :bou::bou::bou::bou: about Final Fantasy, MMORPGs and if they are into MMORPGs or Final Fantasy, they usually are into WoW / single player FF's respectively.

FFXIVCore was the site. It's full of people who are criticising the game but still 75% are excited. I thought that was pretty good, personally.

drotato
09-10-2010, 03:06 AM
OMG, yessss I'm going to play. I'm soooo excited. It's going to be great. =D

Loony BoB
09-10-2010, 09:11 AM
Make sure you get on the Lindblum server, Nikki. =]

oddler
09-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Well, what I was afraid of is happening so I'll be waiting until the PS3 version becomes available. My PC is under specs and I don't want to jack with my laptop to make it work. That's what I had to do last time with FFXI and it would just be too much headache for me this time around. 6 more months, I guess. : \

Madame Adequate
09-11-2010, 02:40 AM
I'm not interested anymore. It sounds like my major issue with XI has been exacerbated rather than fixed, so unless I hear some good things about the UI in coming weeks and months I doubt I'll play it.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
04-23-2011, 09:45 PM
I'll be playing from launch, no matter what.

I happen to know this is a Lie Ulti :p

Loony BoB
04-24-2011, 09:27 AM
S'pose I should close this thread to avoid confusion with the new one (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiv/136509-have-you-played-will-you-play.html). :)