PDA

View Full Version : Your firsty party

Flying Mullet
04-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Do you remember what your first party was the first time you played Final Fantasy?

My first party consisted of a Fighter, Thief, Black Belt and Red Mage. I didn't know that you could change classes and ended up with the "default" party. Also, I remember that I saw "Black" in the name of the class and thought my Black Belt was a Black Mage and couldn't figure out why I couldn't buy black magic for him. xD

theundeadhero
04-22-2010, 10:53 PM
My first party was a Fighter, Thief, White Mage, and Black Mage because it was recommended by the friend I borrowed the game from. It's an alright party but I would never play as it now, there's better ones out there as far as effectiveness and enjoyability.

oddler
04-23-2010, 12:02 AM
I really can't be sure; it's been way too long. I'd say it was mostly likely Fighter, Red Mage, White Mage, Black Mage.

I'm trying a combination right now I've never tried before: Thief, Red Mage, Monk, White Mage. It's pretty entertaining to play so far but I take a lot of damage. I'm not used to not having a Knight. :\

VeloZer0
04-23-2010, 01:01 AM
I went with the bland old boring Fighter, Thief, Black Mage, White Mage. I got just past the earth crystal when I got sidetracked from the game. After I came back to it after a few months I decided to restart with Fighter/Fighter/Black Mage/White Mage, as the Thief was inferior to the fighter in every possible way.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-23-2010, 01:02 AM
My first party was Fighter/Fighter/Black Mage/White Mage, under Brian Carper's advice (http://web.archive.org/web/20070216031745/ffclassic.net/parties.php). Since then, I've usually gone with Fighter/Thief/Black Mage/White Mage out of respect for "balance," even though Thieves are completely useless in the bugged NES version.

My latest run uses three Fighters and a Red Mage, which Rick Scibbe (http://scibbe.com/), who knows the game inside and out (http://www.scibbe.com/stash/lpff1/), hails as the best party. (The only reason the best party isn't four Fighters, he says, is because they can't cast FAST.) It's going as awesomely as expected.

black orb
04-23-2010, 01:09 AM
>>> Fighter/Red Mage/Thief/White Mage.. I was a total FF noob but the party was pretty decent so it helped me to beat the game in the end..:luca:

Vermachtnis
04-23-2010, 02:25 AM
Fighter/Black Belt/Thief/Red Mage

Like Mulley I didn't realize you could change jobs and went default by accident.

qwertysaur
04-23-2010, 02:34 AM
Fighter, Thief, Black Mage, White Mage. I would then get up to the fight with Astos and being a little kid get bored and restart the game again with the same party :p

Robostar
04-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Fighter, Thief, Black Mage, White Mage. I would then get up to the fight with Astos and being a little kid get bored and restart the game again with the same party :p

I had the same prty but I had a warrior/thief/black mage / White mage.

My party was great all lv 99 by end game lol.

Momiji
04-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Fighter/Thief/White Mage/Black Mage for me, too. :D

Robostar
04-23-2010, 06:22 PM
XXX/ Black mage/ white mage / thief is like the most balanced party lol. Spam cure 3 every round, haste, temper. Thats what i did anyway lol.

Brennan
04-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Fighter
Thief
W. mage
B. mage

I think I did this for variety between classes, I really don't remember, though.

No.78
04-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Red Mage, White Mage, Monk & Thief.

Hot Shot
04-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Fighter
Monk
Red Mage
White Mage

And this is still my favourite party.

Crossblades
04-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Warrior, Monk, Black Mage, White Mage

Bunny
05-04-2010, 12:19 AM
My first party consisted of Fighter, Black Belt, White Mage, and Black Mage. I liked the idea of simultaneously (sort of) stabbing, punching, bludgeoning and blasting enemies to smithereens.

Pop Frank Socket
05-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Mine was something retarded because I was eight and didn't know what I was doing. I think two fighters and two red mages or something.
I made it to Garland, died and never let him forget about it since. :smash:

Beowulf
05-27-2010, 05:40 PM
First time through was Fighter/Thief/Black Mage/White Mage.

Now I started playing it again, on the GBA, and I just use Monk/Monk/Monk/Monk.

Tokimadoushi
06-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Fighter/Red Mage/Black Belt/White Mage.

Can't go wrong :cool:

Rase
06-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Fighter/Red Mage/Black Mage/White Mage.

Realm25
06-03-2010, 12:30 AM
Ah the good ol days. I went through with a Fighter Fighter Thief Red Mage.

I enjoyed that combo, used it a lot too.

This time around however (GBA version) I'm doing Fighter Monk Thief White Mage.

LoneSwordsmanAuron
06-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Fighter , Black Belt, Black Mage and White Mage.

The weird thing is, when i used a walkthrough for my second playthrough the guy said that Black belt was the worst class, even though mine was better than my Fighter.

theundeadhero
06-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Was it the Dr Unne guide? Smart people are always picking on the big guys. A Master is way more useful than a Ninja or Black Wizard.

Beowulf
06-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Some people will argue about Masters being a poor class because of their lack of abilities, and lack of equipment. Starting off in the beginning, sure, they might die a bit. Later on in the game, though, they tend to be the best class from what I've found. Speedy, and do a hell of a lot of damage? Win.

Toni
08-11-2010, 12:09 AM
I was about 3 when I had this game. So that's about 17 years ago. But! I still remember. My dad gave me his old NES and a big BIG cardboard box full of NES games. I discovered quickly my favorites were Final Fantasy, SMB1&3, LoZ and Dragon Warrior. I never had any idea what was going on, but I picked them anyway. So the file that was on the FF cartridge was actually my dads. So by proxy, they were mine. His party, before I screwed up and didn't know how the hell to beat Garland (because I was dumb and couldn't figure out how to equip items) was the typical Fighter, Red Mage, White Mage, and Black Mage. (The party I prefer now is that too actually.) I couldn't remember what his characters names were, but I remember that the Black Mage was Phil. The names I choose now are Clyd, Sean, Toni, and Vivi. For reasons I will leave unsaid. :D

Mine was something retarded because I was eight and didn't know what I was doing. I think two fighters and two red mages or something.
I made it to Garland, died and never let him forget about it since. :smash:

I had a similar experience. I was dumb when I was little I couldn't equip things, and I didn't know what the hell a "party" was. So I had all Fighters once, all named AAAA.

asukaevaunit02
08-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Red Mage, Thief, White Mage, White Mage

Don't know why I picked these but I did.. have to get back to this game soon.

Carnage-
08-11-2010, 10:29 PM
My first party was about a couple of months ago. It was at some shady kid's place, apparently he's known for starting :bou::bou::bou::bou: up at random parties. I thought it was a BYOB so I ended up bring a 2-4, but man was I wrong. The kid had so much beer at his place it was kinda ridiculous, so I ended up just leaving it there.

Anyway, as soon as I got into the place one of my friends is all like "Yo Andrew, wanna have a shots challenge b? I just pulled out a bottle of some piss warm vodka from this kid's bar." ":bou::bou::bou::bou: yeah man, I'm down." So we pulled up two chairs and started downing this nasty :bou::bou::bou::bou:. First three shots were alright, then the next three I almost puked after every single one of them. My friend was a smurfin' machine and downed like 8 before puking all over this kid's carpet. Me, wanting to show up my friend and gain some rep at my first party, I pulled it together for the next three shots and held my ground. Then a few guys who were just chillin' in the back were all like "Yo, good :bou::bou::bou::bou: brah! Wanna smoke a doobie with us?" "smurfinnnnn...yeah sure whatevs man."

Then I smoked a doobie with them, and the vodka finally hit my liver. I started puking like crazy outside and it hurt like smurf. "Yo man, have a beer that might helpp!" yelled some randy ass kid. I took it and downed like half of it and started to feel it ease up my stomach a lil' bit. Then the guy who's place it was came up to me and started talking :bou::bou::bou::bou: and was all like "Dude, all you've done since you got here is caused two people to puke and ruined my smurfing carpet. Get the smurf out." Me, dazed from just puking and still kind of tipsy, just replied "Fine, whatever b." So I called a cab and rode home, where I realized I forgot my 2-4 there.

And that was my first party.

Levian
08-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Fighter/x/BLM/WHM

Not sure what the x was, probably a Black Belt. I tried to balance things as much as possible without knowing exactly how useful each job were.

Loony BoB
08-12-2010, 12:19 PM
I also can't remember, but it was probably Fighter/Thief/White Mage/Black Mage or possibly Fighter/Red Mage/White Mage/Black Mage.

Raistlin
08-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Fighter/Thief/White Mage/Black Mage. I appreciate the balance, but I soon realized Fighter/Fighter/White Mage/Black Mage would be stronger. Thieves are pretty useless.

Toni
08-17-2010, 11:40 PM
And that was my first party.

OOOOOORFL!

Fighter/Thief/White Mage/Black Mage. I appreciate the balance, but I soon realized Fighter/Fighter/White Mage/Black Mage would be stronger. Thieves are pretty useless.

I guess it's a matter of preference. The Ninja's useful if you use Saber on himself and Temper on other characters. All I know is as long as you have a Fighter, then you're pretty much good. I do know I'm particularly fond of the regular party type Fighter, Red Mage, White Mage, and Black Mage... Because of these... stories and such behind them with roleplaying and jazz.

On a different note, the Yeti being in place of words is a censor correct? I just want to make sure I'm not going crazy. :P

VeloZer0
08-18-2010, 12:38 AM
On a different note, the Yeti being in place of words is a censor correct? I just want to make sure I'm not going crazy. :P
Yetis? I don't know what you are talking about.

Yes, it's a censor

Toni
08-21-2010, 05:31 AM
Yetis? I don't know what you are talking about.
Yes, it's a censor

Okie-dokie then! I knew I was going crazy... O_O

Elskidor
11-07-2010, 06:19 PM
All I remember is it consisted of a bunch of fighters and a healer. I remember a red mage I think. Maybe two fighters and a red and white mage or three fighters and a red mage. I know it wasn't a very good party though.

fantasy winner
08-25-2012, 03:19 AM
I used
2 fighters
red mage
black mage

it was hard at some points but this party also can kick but
the lack of white magic soon got on my nerves plus lich 2 will kick you're but right out of the past with this one plus leveling up is needed a lot to go in the past
(my signature says im stuck and thats the party im stuck with)

Shlup
08-25-2012, 04:04 AM
Next time you see a topic that you like that's over a month old, feel free to re-start a new thread for it. This conversation ended almost two years ago, so by starting a new thread you might have better luck starting a conversation with someone. :)

Sephex
08-25-2012, 04:38 AM
This was so long ago. But...

I think it was:

Fighter
Black Belt
Black Mage
White Mage

Evastio
08-25-2012, 05:00 AM
Well, this thread hasn't been closed yet, so I'll post mine:

Warrior
Thief
White Mage
Black Mage

I still use this team for more than half of my playthroughs (I'm even using it in my current playthrough on the PSP version).

ReloadPsi
08-31-2012, 07:52 PM
Knowing full well I wasn't gonna get to play it for more than like half a day as it was on someone else's computer before I had my own, I picked random characters and gave them really crude names: A fighter named Butt, a black mage named Poop (how appropriate I would come to find that!) a red mage named C**t and something else named Arse, but I can't remember what.

Psychotic
09-01-2012, 08:07 AM
Let's keep a-rockin'.

Fighter, White Mage, Black Mage, Thief. How original of me.

Jiro
09-08-2012, 06:53 AM
Fuck it let's post:

Fighter, Thief, Monk, Red Mage

It was tough going for a while because the thief is largely useless and Red Mage is nowhere near as effective as a White Mage is at healing.

Raistlin
09-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Wasn't that the default NES party? So I'm not surprised, even though the party does suck.

Wolf Kanno
09-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Fighter, Thief, White Mage, and Black Mage. Which I will probably never do again.