PDA

View Full Version : Lights, Cameras, ACTION!!!

Freya
04-23-2010, 04:41 AM
(This is all in hypothetical fun of course)

Hollywood has decided to remake an FF into a Live action movie/s! Which do you think would work best and why? Also any suggestions on who to play whoever?

XI doesn't cont cause it's too big and long of a story. And AC doesn't count for VII being made into one. And just the main series!

NorthernChaosGod
04-23-2010, 04:44 AM
VI because it's the best. :colbert:

Mo-Nercy
04-23-2010, 04:48 AM
For just about all the mainstream FFs I can think of, there'd need to be some severe cutbacks in the story for it fit into a normal 2-3 hour film.

So I think FFX would work well. It's got a tidy little compact story that only really has one big twist at the end, which is good Hollywood material. FFXIII could work as well. If the make-up department was good enough to wind back the years, Nicole Kidman could play Vanille (red hair, Australian accent) =].

G13
04-23-2010, 04:56 AM
I chose VII before I even read the description. Aren't I just the worst? :p

VI would make a good live action movie, probably the best out of all the potential FF movies. VII would be cool but tbh that story is being run into the ground. Such a shame. :(

X might make a good movie too but, y'know, not with an annoying main character. Honestly I'd like to see all of them made into a movie.

VeloZer0
04-23-2010, 04:57 AM
Why isn't FFT in that poll?

I think that the best movie they could make would be one 'inspired by' FFIV. This would require the script to be heavily doctored, so I voted to FFX, as I think it would lend itself much more naturally.

Freya
04-23-2010, 05:35 AM
I was gonna put FFT up but then i'd have to put FFTA and etc and yeah so just left it to the some other category :P

Jessweeee♪
04-23-2010, 07:01 AM
I don't think FFVI would work too well with the whole Esper thing. Not to mention it would be pretty difficult for Hollywood to resist the temptation to just make Kefka a Joker knock-off.

FFVIII was my first thought, but witches and time travel wouldn't be handled well by Hollywood either. I voted FFX on the poll because I think it would be an easy story to tell.

VeloZer0
04-23-2010, 02:00 PM
I was joking about FFT. I think that it would probably be one of the most difficult games to do justice in cinematic format.

Mercen-X
04-23-2010, 10:44 PM
XI and XIV are the only viable choices since they can't f up the story or the characterization.

ANGRYWOLF
04-23-2010, 11:33 PM
only they said which stars would play the roles in FF Tactics.

I don't remember all the stars they chose though.

black orb
04-27-2010, 03:36 AM
[SIZE="1"]
Hollywood has decided to remake an FF into a Live action movie/s!
>>> OMFG, I hope that never happens..:luca:

Hot Shot
04-27-2010, 10:50 AM
I voted for none because an FF game couldn't be made into a movie because:

1) The stories are so deep and long that they wouldn't be able to fit them into a movie without making sequels, which would just be wrong. So the only other alternative is to majorly cut down the story, which I would really hate!
2) They would find it hard to capture the beauty of the games visuals and get people to look just like the characters. I only have to mention the live action Dragon Ball movie and you'll understand what I mean.
3) They will not capture the magic and essence of the FF series. Instead, like many book and game adaptations, they will make it so generic and bland that their target audience (Us FF gamers) will hate it and not even wanna watch them.

However, I do think that FF games could be made into good anime series. Especially FF IV and VI.

Clo
04-28-2010, 03:47 AM
If seven hadn't already had a slew of spin-offs thrown at it, I would want a seven...

Egh, I wouldn't want a ten. I think eight might be cool if they talked more about the background of Ultimecia and Time Compression.

Loony BoB
04-28-2010, 01:15 PM
FFX. It's bad to begin with, so at least it won't ruin anything.

PeneloRatsbane
05-01-2010, 06:08 PM
I saw a video with Beyonce and lady Gaga (not the telephone one) and I thought Beyonce could make a good Fran, altho i think a XII movie not be advisable.

Loony BoB
05-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Now I can't imagine anything but Fran doing all of Beyonce's random epileptic-fit dances.

Brennan
05-02-2010, 04:24 PM
FFVI, definately
Maybe a FFX film would do, too.

No.78
05-02-2010, 07:24 PM
FFV, it has a really basic plot and embodies the foundations of Final Fantasy, except it actually has characters. I think it could work well into a movie adaptation.

But really, I cannot imagine anyone would do it justice. I think a Final Fantasy movie would just be horrifying.

X and XIII could also work, but they'd have to be condensed quite a lot.