PDA

View Full Version : Battle Scars!

Jiro
04-23-2010, 05:01 AM
Dakoda says:
Let's see. I tripped over a mattress and broke my toe, I almost lost my eye and got an eyebrow gash from a fan, I have a scar of my cheek from a knife, I got bitten by a kid once, several burns, greenstick fracture in my wrist, torn ligaments in my ankle, torn hamstring, collapsed spine um concussion twice, bamboo pole hit me just beside the eye so I have a crescent scar umm...
On I have a scar on my palm from slicing it on rocks
I dunno cartilage damage in my knees
Emma says:
Note to self: buy large amounts of cotton wool
Dakoda says:
I have a high pain tolerance, don't you worry
OH
I also have a cut on my hand where Evan cut me with scissors in 4th grade during spanish
Because he wasn't paying attention and I was holding the sheet and he just snip ouuuuch
Emma says:
You just attract unintended violence
Dakoda says:
Oh yeah also many many blows to the head from all sorts of balls
Also dislocated jaw from a baseball
Emma says:
epic innuendo
Dakoda says:
But yeah, basketballs repeatedly fell on my head. I also played club soccer for three years, so lots of headers
OH
Also I ran into goal posts while playing ultimate disc
I think I was concussed that time so make that three concussions
What else
I probably have a scar on my back from where my brother hit me with a belt
Though I deserved that I suppose. I hit him in the face with a rock and split his head open. There was a 9 year difference but yeah
I've also been electrocuted two or three times
Almost drowned once maybe twice
Had an allergic reaction to a vaccine and almost died
Um
I think that about covers it
Emma says:
What the smurf Dakoda. In my 18 years I've fallen off my bike twice and cut my hand open
oh and one hospitalisation
Dakoda says:
I like to take risks?
Why were you hospitalised?
Emma says:
White blood cells were eating the red ones or something. I was on a drip for a week then I went home.
Dakoda says:
They aren't meant to do that
Emma says:
No, blood transfusion fixed it though
well blood transfusion and some dodgey green jelly
Dakoda says:
I've had some pretty gnarly cuts and stuff from crashing my bike
Emma says:
I was 6 so I don't really remember
Dakoda says:
Well I'm glad you're okay now!
Emma says:
I can imagine you almost killing yourself on a bike.
Mine weren't crashes, I actually just fell. Except when I fell over the handle bars but that wasn't bad anyway.
Dakoda says:
I did this really great one, seriously it was amazing
Went down this really steep hill which I can show you when you visit, anyway
The bike had no brakes or anything
And when I got to the bottom, it got the major wobbles
The handlebars just twisted and threw me over the top
I crashed, bounced, slid for like 10-15 metres
Then I stood up and was Oh okay and then the momentum just threw me back onto the ground
Where I rolled down a hill
Emma says:
How did you plan on stopping if there were no brakes?
Dakoda says:
Into a lake
Good question

For those with attention deficiency disorders, here is a summarized snippet of the general ramblings for you to ponder over - what sorts of injuries have you had and share any funny stories in relation to those. As you can see, I've had a lot.

missaira
04-23-2010, 05:04 AM
At least you still have all your teeth xD

Bunny
04-23-2010, 05:35 AM
I have split my head open in four different areas (rock dropped on my head, hit edge of glass container, run over by a bicycle, I forgot the last one), had my ankle torn up on two separate occasions (my cat went insane, my friend and I failed at chicken on bikes and my ankle was completely wrapped in the bike chain). I almost died car surfing because my friend slammed on the breaks without telling me.

Probably a lot more. I have yet to break a bone in my body though!

qwertysaur
04-23-2010, 05:39 AM
I have a scar on my eyebrow :p

NorthernChaosGod
04-23-2010, 07:49 AM
:bou::bou::bou::bou: that has happened to me: (bolded entries scarred)
Nearly drowned as a toddler
Got a nasty gash on the corner of my eye that need stitches
Wicked road rash on my left forearm
Been sprayed with pepper spray/tear gas
Whipped with carpet tack strip (http://www.halexcorp.com/carpet_tack_strip.gif). Bareback.
Beat over the head with a weighted boxing glove on the end of a rope
Bruised a bone in a BMX accident
Been nutted during a lacrosse game
Flipped over my handlebars and got a concussion
Walked into a pole in first grade and chipped a tooth
Cut my arm to see what it felt like (don't judge me :colbert:)

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Jiro
04-23-2010, 08:05 AM
At least you still have all your teeth xD

That reminds me: copped two stray headbutts to the mouth and almost lost two teeth.

kotora
04-23-2010, 08:38 AM
a few scratches on my chest from this drive-by shooting last week.

oddler
04-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Once, I tried to remove a lid to a can of Ravioli with a spoon. Yeah, almost lost my pinky because it slipped. Dumbest :bou::bou::bou::bou: I've ever done.

BarelySeeAtAll
04-23-2010, 10:41 AM
I've never really got myself injured really. . .though last night I slipped in my bathtub having a shower and smacked my head on the bottom of the tub. Yeah that hurt..think I may have been knocked out for a couple'a seconds :( boo-hoo.

Cuchulainn
04-23-2010, 11:21 AM
I alreadyanswered this in a previous post.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/130037-i-just-got-out-hopsital.html#post2798553

1. When I was 3 my family liveed on Springfield Road which separates The Falls (Catholic) from the Shankill (Protestant) our homes were always getting attacked. One day I escaped the home & I had the fantastic idea of walking into a riot just up the street. I ran when everyone else did from the army and fell on a smashed bottle. My whole right forearm was sliced i stil wear the scar.

1. when I was a wee fella about 8 I had kidney problems, I was in there for a good 3 months.

2. little later, tonsils removed.

3. Not another visit till I was 17, hit with a plastic baton round on my thigh, i swear I've never felt pain like it.

4. 1998 probably the most serious I was attacked by a Protestant gang & beated senseless with hands, feet & metal poles. I was in intensive care for 3 weeks with...brain something I duno & I still don't remember anything. There's pictures somewhere I can disgust with them if u want.

5. at a party in 2002 and was spotted by someone who I had apparently wronged, got a bottle to the back of my head & then several jabs in the face & neck with the broke part. I still have the scars on my face of that too...one is above my top lip & stops my beard growing properly

6. NORMAL REASON!! I had kidney problems that kicked off again just last year, in there for 3 days.

Thats it I think, I did not count day trips for cuts, slices & stuff. If u dont have to sleep over it's not worth it.

Loony BoB
04-23-2010, 02:42 PM
What, no images of said scars? Pshaw!

Cuchulainn
04-23-2010, 03:02 PM
If you really must I will show you mine if you show me yours

Meat Puppet
04-23-2010, 03:09 PM
I cracked open one of my teeth after taking amphetamine.

Chris
04-23-2010, 03:12 PM
I have a couple of small scars, nothing worth raving about though. :p

Madame Adequate
04-23-2010, 04:20 PM
I fell off a slide directly onto my head when I was a toddler (Fall was about 5 or 6 feet iirc), and a couple years after that I hit myself in the head with half a brick because I fashioned a lever in the backyard and was jumping on one end to see how high I could send this half brick xD

Put my hand through a sheet of glass and was very lucky to just get a scar and no nerve damage or anything.

Jess
04-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Due to my extreme clumsiness, I have had a lot of injuries!

Some:
Tripped, cracked my head open on the corner of a paving slab. Butterfly stitches!
Sliced my hand open, many a time with knives and stuff.
I was playing with a stapler and I accidently pressed it and stapled my finger.
I fell through a fire exit door when trying to get away from a tickling and hit my head on the pavement and was knocked out cold.
I was on a trambopoline and face planted the metal frame round the edge - broke my nose.
Fell over backwards, landed on my ass on the edge of a kerb and damaged my coccyx forevermore.
I was younger and I was on a tree swing at the top of a hill and for some reason I let go of the swing and fell to the bottom of the hill, knocked myself out and a stick from a tree went through my leg.. ow

yeahhhhh.

G13
04-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Playing around when I was 5 I cracked my head open on a rocking chair.
Broke my collar bone falling off of a bunkbed.
Got my shoelaces stuck in my bike chain and flipped over the handlebars resulting in my left eye swelling up.
Got snagged by a window fin at work, ripping my arm like it was paper.
Got hit by a car after work. The driver was my little brother. :monster:

Rye
04-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Covered in them, since my skin scars and bruises very easily. I get scratches off the the corners of wardrobes and door frames and I fall down quite a bit. I particularly have a lot on and around my feet from shoes.

I have a big scar under my chin from when I fell off a table when I was only a few months old

Inferno
04-24-2010, 04:08 AM
While playing hockey, I received a shot right in the face hitting my lip and breaking one of my teeth in half. Luckily, we found the broken part, and my dentist just had to glue it back !

What, no images of said scars? Pshaw!http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8043/img28152.jpg

Miss_Lulu
04-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Like Rye, my skin bruises and scars pretty easy.
*Right now the entire right side of my left hand looks pretty gross where it got slammed in a car door today, twice. It's all bruised and puffy. No broken bones though.
*I've got about ten scars on the lower part of each of my legs (around 20-30 total scars on them) from a serious infection I got last summer.
*Nasty looking scar on the side of my right knee from a falling off the top of a cheer leading pyramid. (Yes, I was a cheerleader. Yes I know I was lame)
*Several scars on my face from chicken pox I had when I was a kid, and a few acne scars as well.
*I've got really weak and brittle bones, because I don't get a lot of calcium. I'm like the clumsiest person ever, so I'm always bumping into things or falling over things.
*My knees pop out of place fairly easily. ( I would say at least once a week). I've got braces for both of them and a pair of crutches.
*Uhm, carpel in my left wrist that I also have a brace for.
*I have to slings and loads of ace bandages for my elbows and ankles, both which seem to twist in odd directions a lot.

I think that's all.

Oh! Once when I was like three I pushed my younger sister who was like one at the time into a coffee table and it split her head open and she had to have stitches.

NorthernChaosGod
04-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Kind of funny, but I just now remembered that I've been cracked in the head multiples times.

The one I remember the most clearly was when I was around 7 or so and I was at my aunt's house. My cousins were playing home run derby and I don't know what the fuck I was doing, but I ended up walking by my cousin at bat and getting knocked in the face on the follow through. Bats do not like me. :colbert:

Loony BoB
04-24-2010, 10:36 AM
These pictures were taken some time ago, but these are my main two scars (ie, the ones about as long as my hand, or longer). One is my leg, the other my side (excuse the underarm shot :().

Cuchulainn
04-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Upon taking photos I had trouble with my big arm one showing up because it's so old but when I turned the brightness down to zip it glows like it's radioactive. Freaky :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Bob...It looks like someone came in your armpit.

Quindiana Jones
04-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Hmm. Scar on head from hockey stick. Scar next to that from the bastard thing healing over butterfly stitches so I had to rip my freaking skin off. Small scar on left eyebrow from when I knocked myself out on my bedside table once. Small scar on back of right hand from when a child fell on my hand and somehow managed to dig a chunk of out it with a wall. Those are the only scars I have.

Which is surprising. When I was three, I put a fishing hook through my own finger. Again, whilst 3, I went down a hill on my tricycle and facegrinded the gravel road: had gravel all up in my face, gums and lips! Also, whilst drunk once, I managed to tear up my left arm something awful. But I have no visible scarring for any of these. Though the memories still hurt. Weird.

Zeldy
04-24-2010, 08:53 PM
All my scars are fading. I have a faint one on my cheek, from when a girl clawed me in the face in a Netball match as we both dived for the ball at the same time and she had incredibly long fake nails. That hurt ALOT, I just remember grabbing my cheek in shock.

My knees are covered in scars though, I was always falling over in primary school.

Blue Harvest
04-24-2010, 09:06 PM
My forehead scar is the result of ignoring that old no jumping on the bed rule.

Brennan
04-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Broke my left arm when I was five jumping off a seesaw, getting a hairline fracture, then falling off a trampoline a day later.
Broke my right arm hitting a do not enter sign when I was eleven (the sign did its job), and got a cut that was 3 inches long, and an inch deep, almost cutting my major artery, that left a nasty scar.
A scar on my nose from my dog bitting me.
And multiple other scars from minor occasions.

Rebellious Eagle
04-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Wow, all you people sure are magnets for accidents! I don't really have any serious scars. I do have scars on the back of my ankles from wearing the wrong shoes to New York City, though.

Old Manus
04-25-2010, 02:53 PM
opening postSo did you pull her in the end?

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-26-2010, 05:15 AM
Self inflicted match burns
Self inflicted cut on left arm
Self inflicted cut on left thigh
Heely accident, 7 stitches, right knee.
self inclicted wrench-to-face right eyebrow
Both elbows, skid marks from fights
Liquid burn right leg
Pencil stab in left arm
Edit: Smallpox vaccination on left shoulder.

nonscarring
Broken left foot
13 concussions

Peegee
04-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Two bones on my left palm were fractured, and I once tried to accelerate (free fall) into a tree leg-first. Good times ensued, as you can imagine.

There's scars ALL OVER my arms and legs. Thank God for tans, though they don't really cover anything up :D

LunarWeaver
04-26-2010, 08:41 PM
I pulled a telephone down on my head when I was a toddler. Back then people used home phones with twirly cords and I yanked on it. The scar on my head looks like the Nike sign.

Other than that... Nothing. I'm far too prince to do anything that would cause an injury. I won't even use any tools. I don't even get on ladders. Hahahaha. Ah, it's good to be a wuss. Everyone does everything for you.

Brennan
04-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Just remembered a burn on the back of my hand from when I was 1 (mother leaves her baby + there's an iron in the room = bad idea)
There's also a scar on my left thumb for trying to strangle a pet bird when I was 1-2 years old. (and I tried that a LOT)

NorthernChaosGod
04-27-2010, 01:16 AM
There's also a scar on my left thumb for trying to strangle a pet bird when I was 1-2 years old. (and I tried that a LOT)

Wtf, mate?

Brennan
04-28-2010, 02:42 AM

Wtf, mate?

I don't know, but I remember the pet bird, but I don't remember trying to strangle it (my parents supplied me with that bit of information)

Clo
04-28-2010, 02:53 AM
I've never broken a bone or have any bad scars.

I'm afraid I have something coming to me now. :eek:

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-29-2010, 07:05 AM

Wtf, mate?

I don't know, but I remember the pet bird, but I don't remember trying to strangle it (my parents supplied me with that bit of information)

I used to do this to a kitten when I was about that age.
What is it with toddlers and strangling things?

Brennan
04-29-2010, 01:28 PM

Wtf, mate?

I used to do this to a kitten when I was about that age.
What is it with toddlers and strangling things?

Dunno, it was probably fun at the time.

Iceglow
05-04-2010, 12:25 AM
I have several scars what are actually obvious but no one ever really notices them. In fact theres 10 of them to be exact... As a kid my brother decided to change a lightbulb as soon as it had blown whilst me and my sister were around. He took the hot bulb out and put it on the table and told us "not to touch it's hot" being around 4 at the time I decided I had to know how hot, so I picked it up not by the glass but the extremely hot metal bayonet cap. I burnt my finger tips very badly and to this day I have raised finger tips that are the remanents of the scars. My sister ironically has matching scars, she decided to pick up the bulb after I screamed and dropped it to prove it wasn't hot...no she isn't naturally blonde either. I have another burn scar on my right middle knuckle, I got that in year 4 working on a school project from a hot glue gun. We were building an island for some reason out of plaster bandages and such and we needed a wooden bridge made from matches, me and a girl I had a crush on at the time were assigned to make this from the matches with a hot glue gun without any supervision, she accidentally burnt my knuckle with the hot glue gun...I prided myself on merely commenting "ow :bou::bou::bou::bou:, that hurts!" yes, that is a quote, the girl was really impressed with me for all of a couple of weeks, 1st because I had taken the pain really well and 2nd because I'd sworn in class. I have some minor scarring to my inner right wrist from some cuts I ended up with at some point or another.

I've broken my right ankle and fractured my right kneecap and my right elbow (on seperate occassions) I've also broken most of my toes and fingers. I've also done my nose in several times. I suppose however my biggest scar is the least noticeable one, I got smacked up once in a fight and had my upper jaw shattered.

Rianoa
05-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Well i scar easily my bf wanted me to make food and i said i wouldn't so he TRiED to pick me up off the side of the sofa and dropped me on a a square sharp cabinet ( i feel fat he couldn't even pick me up XD) so i now have a scar just off my spine, there was a pretty big gouge outta my back for a while :lol:

~*~Celes~*~
05-06-2010, 07:31 AM
All I'm going to say is, I hate that I have an overactive imagination. Your guys' painful stories have made me nauseous :(

Umm, let's see. I'll start with the most recent and go from there.

Dunno if any of you can recall but I recently managed to slice my finger halfway around with scissors. Besides that, the only one I can really remember at the moment is the one on the opposide of the same finger as the scissors cut, I dropped some hot glue on my finger and I can't recall precisely how i got the scar, but yeah. Hot glue.

Can't see the scissors scar very well, I'll fix it later if i can.

one_winged_angel
05-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Man, way too many to count if I go into detail. When I was younger me and my brother would get into all sorts of predicaments (And being the younger, I would always be the one to come off worse, of course). I've been electrocuted 3 times, had numerous burns; most noteworthy the one from flipping an omelette (boiling oil is fun!). You'd think I'd learn, but even to this day when I cook I don't blow on food before tasting it straight from the pan. I was constantly getting cuts and bruises as a child, I was always the reckless kid that slide tackled on the tarmac. I've split my head open 6-7 times (Don't run at the swimming pool, kids!). There's lots of scars on my arm but I did them myself so they don't really count. There's a scar on my tongue from when I was pushing my bike along, it hit the curb and bounced up into my chin and made me bite my tongue open. I've been in 3 accidents on my motorbike - first I slammed into a parked car, walked away with a nosebleed and some bruising on my chin. Second time I lowsided going round a corner and slid along the tarmac, got grazed knees and third some one drove into the side of me. Now that one wrenched my ligament so hard it pulled my bone apart (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avulsion_fracture), damaged the circulation in my leg and took the skin off my foot, which is still numb to this day (Just the patch of skin, not the whole foot).

I also have a few scars I have no idea where I picked up. There's one faint one in the middle of my forehead (a la Squall) but you can only see it sometimes. And the weirdest one is on my thumb... It's sort of a distortion in the fingerprint, and I have absolutely no clue where I got it I just remember it's always been there. Hell, I don't even know if it's a scar.

Still, I'd do it all again given the chance. Danger is what makes life fun, no?

Hot Shot
05-07-2010, 11:43 PM
I have a scar on my left eylid when some stupid kid threw a stone at me, I could have been blinded for crying out loud!

Also, my left thumb is permanantley swollen (at the point which it connects to my palm) and moved slightly out of place because I was joke fighting with a friend and I got kicked in my hand. Initially, the swelling was so bad that it prevented me from using my right hand (but I am semi-ambidextrous so it wasn't too much of a problem, except I cannot write with my left hand). Now the swelling can hardly be noticed but my thumb is still slightly out of position.

And my oldest scar I have is on the side of my left eye. I accidentally cut it when I was playing with a yogurht pot. It was the kind you eat as a kid that come in a pack of four and they are connected. Like this:
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/02_02/munchbunchDM2002_400x245.jpg

When you seperate the pots, the edges are VERY sharp. And before you start thinking "Geez, this guy is pretty dumb" I'll let you know that I was 3 (it was honestly so traumitsing that it is my earliest clear memory).

But I am proud to say I have never ever broken a bone! :D