PDA

View Full Version : Very Stupid Question: Would transformations hurt?

MJN SEIFER
04-25-2010, 12:54 AM
I know there is no way to answer this really, I just want to hear your opinions.

If it was possible to have a transformation, like the ones you see in films and things, would it be painful? Some of the ones, on some films look really drawn out...

blackmage_nuke
04-25-2010, 05:03 AM
Interesting question. I think Transforming into anything outside humanoid shape might be painful.

VeloZer0
04-25-2010, 05:13 AM
It could either be a natural process, like any natural shape change the body undergoes. And as such painless.

To me it (usually) looks more like a forced transformation, which would have lots of tissue forcibly rearranging itself at an extremely high rate. If the neural pathways aren't moving in exact sync with this it would presumably be excruciating.

Vermachtnis
04-25-2010, 05:24 AM
In Animorphs they said it was painless, even though it looked otherwise.

JKTrix
04-25-2010, 05:59 AM
I know you've seen DBZ, and complained about the length of time they grunt at each other.

Why do you think it takes so long for them to do it there? :P

Mirage
04-25-2010, 06:55 AM
You're right, it is a pretty stupid question. It depends entirely on how the transformation process would be done, and whatever laws of physics exists in the given fictional universe.

Mercen-X
04-25-2010, 10:24 PM
It's all about the species. Chameleons experience no pain shifting from one color to the next.
However, a lot of films have featured shifters who experience pain during their transformations. There's no guarantee a shift would be painless unless you had mastery over your pain receptors and could displace them to areas that would not be disturbed by the change.

Jiro
04-25-2010, 11:50 PM
DBZ characters draw out their transformations because if they rushed, their power would burst out of their bodies and they'd die :jess:

Hot Shot
04-26-2010, 06:42 PM
I would think a transformation hurts because some people get knee pains from growth spurts, so I servere transformation must hurt a lot. And not to mention the clothes! There must be a point in a transformation when your clothes are too tight and its squeazing everything in.

Mercen-X
04-27-2010, 07:21 PM
To be fair, I believe those knee pains come from having to adjust to the new weight attributed to the growth spurt which is now bearing down on the joints.

BarelySeeAtAll
04-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Ask Ditto.