PDA

View Full Version : Face the Book! It looks so nice!

Laddy
04-25-2010, 09:16 PM
I have no idea where the title came from.

Since the addition of EoFFers to my happy Facebook, let's discuss Facebook, and exchange addresses if you so desire.

Vermachtnis
04-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Here's mine! I will befriend the crap outta you guys. Or run you over with the Cowtank. (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=74502537)

Fuzakeru
04-25-2010, 09:24 PM
I love facebook. It's like.... morally acceptable voyeurism.

Stephanie Babb | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/fuzakeru) Here's I am. :D

Rye
04-25-2010, 09:24 PM
I basically use FB for four things lately:

1) Discussing work related things with my boss assistant/discussing class related things with classmates (depending on if I'm in work or at school)

2) Talking to my Aunt and getting the latest stories about my cousin (she's the cutest thing. She's 5 or 6 years old, and she has Asperger's, so she's a very quirky and cute little girl. Some of her latest stories are her holding Passover because she thinks she's secretly Jewish (her family are all Roman Catholic but are cool with it), and deciding to be Lady Gaga for Halloween and running around singing Bad Romance.)

3) Bugging Huxley with youtube links.

4) Advertising my crafts.

I don't really like to mix my online and offline friends, so I don't generally add online people onto FB, but I will if I trust them.

BarelySeeAtAll
04-25-2010, 09:25 PM
I deleted mine because of

a) A religious person was allowed to impress their views directly on to me but
b) I got slaughtered by a mate merely for openly and indirectly stating I dislike religion.

Maybe I'll get it again, who knows.

Laddy
04-25-2010, 09:35 PM
How awful! I did not present MY facebook! :O (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000319208346)

Aerith's Knight
04-25-2010, 09:36 PM
edit: Too many ppl.

Fuzakeru
04-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Eh. I mentioned spiritual stuff on facebook all the time but I don't push it on anyone. To each his / her own~! I have atheist frands, Christian frands, Mormon frands, gay frands, straight frands, frands who think they're talking poodles.... I love my variety of people I know! So delicious!

Frands is a better word than friends by the way. :love:

Freya
04-25-2010, 09:46 PM
I have quite a few eoffers on mine but I'm thinking about pruning you lot since not all of the ones on my FB talk to me. I usually posts some odd comment or link that makes people lulz cause i'm cool like that?

I tend to post mobile photos. I posted one of our garden cause we were planting things with a "lol real life farmville" comment but no one as as entertained with that as I was. :roll2

Raistlin
04-25-2010, 09:49 PM
I don't think I've ever linked anyone online to my Facebook and most people here don't know my full name, yet some of you continually find me. It's kind of creepy, actually. It's like back in senior year of high school and some random freshman you barely recognize would say "Hi, _____!" and know you're name though you don't think you've ever spoken to that person ever before and you have no idea what their name is.

I have added a few online people myself if they're entertaining enough (most of you aren't).

The only real reason I have Facebook at all is to more easily hear about law school events and keep up with some college friends. I very rarely post anything myself, though I do comment on others' posts.

~*~Celes~*~
04-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Eh. I mentioned spiritual stuff on facebook all the time but I don't push it on anyone. To each his / her own~! I have atheist frands, Christian frands, Mormon frands, gay frands, straight frands, frands who think they're talking poodles.... I love my variety of people I know! So delicious!

Frands is a better word than friends by the way. :love:

this :D Also, STEPHIE POSTS AWESOME STUFFS A LOT SO BE SURE TO ADD HER

Here's the link to my FB, btw. Welcome to Facebook | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/kari.reigle)

Hot Shot
04-25-2010, 09:57 PM
I quite like FB, it's pretty awesome. I like to keep in touch with my friends and find some old friends who I haven't seen in years. I feel the same as Rye in the sense that I don't just add random people from a forum. But if we talk and start to get along and form a friendship, I have no problem adding any of you. So feel free to hit me up on msn or something.

Fuzakeru
04-25-2010, 10:04 PM
:D Also, STEPHIE POSTS AWESOME STUFFS A LOT SO BE SURE TO ADD HER

:jess::jess::jess::jess: Lots of happiness! You flatter me, gorgeous!

You know what's interesting is that some people I didn't get particularly close to until we ended up befriending each other FB and found common ground in statuses and grew in to closer friends in other mediums and that goes for people I just know online and those creepy IRL folk. :3

Cuchulainn
04-25-2010, 10:05 PM
I don't really like to mix my online and offline friends, so I don't generally add online people onto FB, but I will if I trust them.

That usually means you've something to hide! WHAT ARE YOU HIDING???

Anyone can add me, as I'VE nothing to hide/

Gareth Collins | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/cuchulainn187?ref=profile)

Melissaur
04-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Melissa Mertens | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/tifalockhart88) YAY! I have my irl friends in a separate place and I have my privacy setting set accordingly.

~*~Celes~*~
04-25-2010, 10:13 PM
:D Also, STEPHIE POSTS AWESOME STUFFS A LOT SO BE SURE TO ADD HER

:jess::jess::jess::jess: Lots of happiness! You flatter me, gorgeous!

You know what's interesting is that some people I didn't get particularly close to until we ended up befriending each other FB and found common ground in statuses and grew in to closer friends in other mediums and that goes for people I just know online and those creepy IRL folk. :3

Don't forget you're gorgeous too, daaahlin' :aimkiss:

I find myself in the same situation. That's why social networking sites are so rad B)

Fuzakeru
04-25-2010, 10:24 PM
-blow kisses up a post!-

Pssshaw. My life on and offline are so inter-mingled that I couldn't separate them if I tried. I have nothing to hide from anyone on any side. ( Good, bad, or otherwise. ) Like I said, with the varieties of people I know, I can't afford to be a different person between one group and another. If I'm gonna be a nut ball then everyone is going to be quite well aware of it -friends on and offline, parents, family, church family, my pervy friends, etc. No discrimination when it comes to my quirked out messed up-ism! :cool:

Besides, nothing is more amusing than watching my dad talk to one of my weird internet buddies in my status sometimes. :D

Aerith's Knight
04-25-2010, 10:31 PM
YAY! I have my irl friends in a separate place and I have my privacy setting set accordingly.

Can you tell me how? I figured out how to block out one group from the other, but not the other way around at the same time.

Breine
04-26-2010, 12:07 AM
I like facebook - sometimes at least. Most of my friends are scattered all over the country, and so it is really handy for keeping track on people I don't see that often.

It's great for keeping contact with foreign friends too - and picture sharing as well.

Agent Proto
04-26-2010, 12:18 AM
I have Facebook, but I've been using it mostly to keep in contact with relatives who also have Facebook. Not sure if I want to add people I know online though. I'll think about it.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Mmmm. I would love to, but no. My FB is for irl people only. I can't risk irl's knowing the same kind of things that my olf's know. Not to say that my whole life is a lie, but certain parts certainly are. Or at least not advertised. Online is where I can advertise and relax about certain issues.
That is what my LJ is for. We can always be LJ friends. I promise to read your posts. I read Rye's and Roto's all the time. Schlups and BtV's when they post too.
Though I don't post a lot. I just like hearing about how you are doing.
My posts are usually just pitiful crying and such. I have to do it somewhere.

Fonzie
04-26-2010, 12:56 AM
I have Facebook, but I've been using it mostly to keep in contact with relatives who also have Facebook. Not sure if I want to add a lot of people I know online though. I'll think about it.

:cool:

Cuchulainn
04-26-2010, 01:40 AM
Mmmm. I would love to, but no. My FB is for irl people only. I can't risk irl's knowing the same kind of things that my olf's know. Not to say that my whole life is a lie, but certain parts certainly are. Or at least not advertised. Online is where I can advertise and relax about certain issues.
That is what my LJ is for. We can always be LJ friends. I promise to read your posts. I read Rye's and Roto's all the time. Schlups and BtV's when they post too.
Though I don't post a lot. I just like hearing about how you are doing.
My posts are usually just pitiful crying and such. I have to do it somewhere.

What a lot of old bollox. Be yourself online & off line and if people dont like it fuck 'em. People who do this :bou::bou::bou::bou:, keep online & off line people from mixing are usually compulsive liars online OR are too ashamed of what they're doing online. Either way it's bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Jessweeee♪
04-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Gotta keep 'em separated. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJQFf0qj9Nk)

Anyway. I'm a bit iffy about mixing my online friends with my family and IRL friends, but when a friend request happens to come my way I usually accept it. Mostly because I'm more open about myself online. An example would be my decision to move to Florida or my current academic situation. I have no problem mentioning it casually here, but I need to be more tactful when I tell my family and other friends. Some of them are going to cry. If someone were to leave some comment like SO GOOD LUCK WITH THAT FLORIDA THING publicly I would have quite a mess to clean up.

Lawr
04-26-2010, 01:56 AM
I have added a few online people myself if they're entertaining enough (most of you aren't).

Of course, I'm the exception to this rule. Heh. /smug

edit

What a lot of old bollox. Be yourself online & off line and if people dont like it smurf 'em. People who do this :bou::bou::bou::bou:, keep online & off line people from mixing are usually compulsive liars online OR are too ashamed of what they're doing online. Either way it's bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:.

I have online friends kept in a separate group to keep Roogle and other internet stalkers away from family members and such.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-26-2010, 02:23 AM
What a lot of old bollox. Be yourself online & off line and if people dont like it smurf 'em. People who do this :bou::bou::bou::bou:, keep online & off line people from mixing are usually compulsive liars online OR are too ashamed of what they're doing online. Either way it's bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Two years ago I wouldn't have been afraid to mix. And hopefully within the next year or so I won't have the need to separate like I do now. Until then, there are certain circumstances that keep me from doing so.
It is a fairly personal matter which I have discussed on occasion, but do not see the need to here and now.

On topic. I really do like Facebook though. Seriously, nifty set up. And they have Pirate English. Total win. I may be a ninja, but secretly, pirates are damned sexy. ;)

NorthernChaosGod
04-26-2010, 02:53 AM
www.facebook.com/JulianRivera

You lot can add me, just let me know who you are first.

Momiji
04-26-2010, 03:38 AM
I have a facebook that I was nagged into making, but I never ever use it. If you care about random pointless things I have to say, hit me up on MSN or something and I'll give you a goldmine of it.

Sometimes.

Fuzakeru
04-26-2010, 05:37 AM
Oh, Momi. Sadface! Join the revolution! Give us your golden insight! :<3:

Shlup
04-26-2010, 06:43 AM
For awhile I didn't add EoFFers to FB, but now I don't care. *shrug*

I don't think I've ever linked anyone online to my Facebook and most people here don't know my full name, yet some of you continually find me. It's kind of creepy, actually. It's like back in senior year of high school and some random freshman you barely recognize would say "Hi, _____!" and know you're name though you don't think you've ever spoken to that person ever before and you have no idea what their name is.

The only real reason I have Facebook at all is to more easily hear about law school events and keep up with some college friends. I very rarely post anything myself, though I do comment on others' posts.

Okay, mister cool dude, people just recognize you when you come up on their friend suggestions and click because they feel bad leaving you out.

kotora
04-26-2010, 08:30 AM
Facebook is almost as retarded as Twitter. It's pathetic how people attach importance to the number of 'friends' they have online, not to mention the farm thing. The recent South Park episode sums it up pretty accurately.

Shlup
04-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Sounds like kotora could use some friends.

kotora
04-26-2010, 09:27 AM
nobody wants to add me since I'm bad friend stock :(

Shlup
04-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Lawl. I totally added that little dude from South Park too.

Raistlin
04-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Okay, mister cool dude, people just recognize you when you come up on their friend suggestions and click because they feel bad leaving you out.

You think I'm cool, huh? :cool:

Rodarian
04-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Anyone can add me

just find Murtaza Bukhari... and there I am! ...

:D

Shattered Dreamer
04-26-2010, 05:43 PM
I have a serious Facebook addiction as does pretty much everyone I know. I'm not gonna post a direct link to my page but if anyone wants to add me PM me here first & I'd be glad to add any EoFFer :bigsmile:

Melissaur
04-26-2010, 05:51 PM
JESSWEEE!! Move to here!? YAY!!!

Shlup
04-26-2010, 06:04 PM

You think I'm cool, huh? :cool:

-_-;

Captain Maxx Power
04-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Do it naw! Cam an! Add me! (http://www.facebook.com/mitchdouglas)

Jessweeee♪
04-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Facebook is almost as retarded as Twitter. It's pathetic how people attach importance to the number of 'friends' they have online, not to mention the farm thing. The recent South Park episode sums it up pretty accurately.

That part always struck me as odd. Maybe it's just me and my friends, but I never felt like anyone was whoring out their profile like they did on myspace. Of course I hide all of the farmville stuff so I don't see it xD

Psychotic
04-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Do it naw! Cam an! Add me! (http://www.facebook.com/mitchdouglas)So that's who Richard smurfing Ross is. Certain assholes at EoFF (Looking at you, Shiny and Iceglow :colbert:) have invited me to join Facebook and Facebook's regular spam emails keep insisting I know a guy called Richard Ross and I keep thinking to myself "No, I don't." Well, I guess I do. Good going, Facebook, you win this round!

Fuzakeru
04-26-2010, 08:20 PM
I played Fishville for a while but I never publish things unless it's updates about new pictures added to my album. Whenever anyone else whores out the game information I just go to the right of that box and click, "HIDE FARMVILLE," and I never have to see it again. :D

Chloe.
04-26-2010, 08:41 PM
I only use Facebook to be nosey and find all the gossip. :jess: It's funny when people have big arguments on there where everyone can see. xD

Captain Maxx Power
04-26-2010, 08:49 PM
So that's who Richard smurfing Ross is. Certain assholes at EoFF (Looking at you, Shiny and Iceglow :colbert:) have invited me to join Facebook and Facebook's regular spam emails keep insisting I know a guy called Richard Ross and I keep thinking to myself "No, I don't." Well, I guess I do. Good going, Facebook, you win this round!

http://savral.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/the_more_you_know2.jpg

Laddy
04-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Having quick access to Rod and Breine? Awesome!

This rods my breine!

Hot Shot
04-26-2010, 09:26 PM
I remember there was this forum that I used to be a member of, and they basically had a fb fan group. I think we should do one for EoFF because this forum is so much better and it will be an easier way for us to find each other. If a member of staff sees this could you possibly look into this?

Zeldy
04-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Only Red Pill, Cookie and Shauna have my Facebook! I want to stay mysterious.

Rantz
04-26-2010, 10:00 PM
You can add me if you want but please don't post my full name on EoFF! Thank you. (http://www.facebook.com/pontus.h)

Shoeberto
04-26-2010, 10:03 PM
You can add me if you want but please don't post my full name on EoFF! Thank you. (http://www.facebook.com/pontus.h)
Okay, I won't, Stefan Wienerchuckles.

louby_4eva
04-26-2010, 10:05 PM
I really love facebook, it helps me keep in touch with my friends back in Manchester.

Louise Gallagher BSc Hons | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/loubydoo) I hope that's the link :P

Smile and Be happy :love:

Jessweeee♪
04-26-2010, 10:55 PM
I remember there was this forum that I used to be a member of, and they basically had a fb fan group. I think we should do one for EoFF because this forum is so much better and it will be an easier way for us to find each other. If a member of staff sees this could you possibly look into this?

Welcome to Facebook | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=4899429825)

~*~Celes~*~
04-26-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm one of those dreaded app addicts, as i have too much free time :x

Mo-Nercy
04-27-2010, 12:24 AM
I'm a bit over facebook these days. I'm not an app addict and I'll only occasionally update.

So if you befriend me, I probably won't add you for like 3 weeks. (http://www.facebook.com/monercy)

Lawr
04-27-2010, 01:32 AM
Only Red Pill, Cookie and Shauna have my Facebook! I want to stay mysterious.

You also have Raebus on your Facebook too.

Rad Bromance
04-27-2010, 01:34 AM
I'm one of those bitter anti-facebook/myspace/twitter people.

Miss_Lulu
04-27-2010, 01:52 AM
I like Facebook quite a lot more than I like MySpace or any of those other social websites, besides maybe Tumblr. I like Tumblr loads.

Anyways, Rachael Hammack | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/monercy#!/profile.php?id=100000267920915&ref=profile)

You guys can add me as long as you don't make fun of my last name. :]

Jiro
04-27-2010, 05:06 AM
Dakoda Barker (http://www.facebook.com/dbarker?ref=profile). I love watching the random interactions between my online pals and real life pals, so feel free to hit me up. You guys are pretty darn cool (my opinion seems in contrast to what dear Raistlin thinks). :D

Rye
04-27-2010, 05:08 AM

Only if you promise not to post about EoFF on my wall! I have spy relatives on FB. =|

qwertysaur
04-27-2010, 05:10 AM
If you find me feel free to add me.

Please let me know you are from EoFF though, or I'll ignore the request.

Jiro
04-27-2010, 05:20 AM

Only if you promise not to post about EoFF on my wall! I have spy relatives on FB. =|
That's so cool, I want spies for relatives :jess:

Jessweeee♪
04-27-2010, 05:23 AM
Speaking of facebook, isn't it so creepy when a stranger that lives near you adds you? No mutual friends, no photo, you don't recognize the name, nothing?

Yar
04-27-2010, 05:25 AM
I love Facebook. :) It's how I plan parties and sushi nights.

Shlup
04-27-2010, 06:25 AM
Speaking of facebook, isn't it so creepy when a stranger that lives near you adds you? No mutual friends, no photo, you don't recognize the name, nothing?

That has never happened to me.

Unless you count middle-aged black men with porn 'staches.

Rantz
04-27-2010, 12:19 PM

I would never!

Laddy
04-27-2010, 12:36 PM

That has never happened to me.

Unless you count middle-aged black men with porn 'staches.
DO WANT.

Levian
04-27-2010, 01:05 PM

We have a group at least, I'm not sure if there's a difference between a fan page and a group. I suppose a fan page perhaps shows updates in the news feed? I know groups don't do that at least. If that's the case, it would be a good idea, I forget to check the group so whenever I do there's always old news in there.

I like keeping off- and online lives somewhat separate. I won't say no to a friend request from an EoFFer, but I don't want to be called Levian on my facebook profile and I don't want to be called by my full name here. The people I've met from here I do consider IRL friends, so if only I'd live in the uk or usa, I'm sure the offline and online worlds would be more intertwined.

Yar
04-27-2010, 03:57 PM
I like keeping off- and online lives somewhat separate. I won't say no to a friend request from an EoFFer, but I don't want to be called Levian on my facebook profile and I don't want to be called by my full name here. The people I've met from here I do consider IRL friends, so if only I'd live in the uk or usa, I'm sure the offline and online worlds would be more intertwined.

Me too. I don't just add random people who friend request me either. :freak:

Fonzie
04-29-2010, 05:35 AM
We need to set a law that we don't talk about EoFF related stuff on other people's Facebook statuses randomly.

That's just weird.

Tavrobel
04-29-2010, 05:43 AM
If you care

We don't.

I have a policy of not adding most people from EoFF, but that's mostly because I don't actually like any of you.

Mo-Nercy
04-29-2010, 05:46 AM
We need to set a law that we don't talk about EoFF related stuff on other people's Facebook statuses randomly.

That's just weird.
That's very Fight Club. I like it.

~*~Celes~*~
04-29-2010, 05:54 AM

My cousin's baby daddy added me on myspace :| I had no idea who he was until the "first family photo taken in the hospital" became his default.

Fuzakeru
04-29-2010, 06:32 AM
Oh you guys and your double lives~ :<3:

Shlup
04-29-2010, 08:15 AM

That's just weird.

I already have that law on my Facebook.

NorthernChaosGod
04-29-2010, 08:48 PM
You guys are pansies.

Fonzie
04-29-2010, 09:39 PM

That's just weird.

I already have that law on my Facebook.

Well, some people need to figure out that this applies to pretty much everyone. xD

Rye
04-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Yeah, that's my rule too!

Vermachtnis
04-29-2010, 09:44 PM
It hasn't came up yet.