PDA

View Full Version : Silly catalogue question

Ezme
04-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Do they work when not on your active party members? I mean it won't hurt me atm to have them on active characters as I'm well leveled doing the first dozen or so missions when you first get to gran pulse but if I can leave them on non-active characters all the better!

Raistlin
04-26-2010, 04:31 PM
No, they have to be on any one of your active party members.

Shin Gouken
04-26-2010, 04:52 PM
And just to clear up another thing with catalogues. The Guide states that they do not stack, so having more than one of any catalogue is a waste of an item slot

Ezme
04-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Thank yee muchly.

I thought they did stack but in a 1st cat= 50%, 2nd cat only pushes it up to 70%, then to 75% (rough guess numbers) so it's not worth it anyway.

Shin Gouken
04-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Thank yee muchly.

I thought they did stack but in a 1st cat= 50%, 2nd cat only pushes it up to 70%, then to 75% (rough guess numbers) so it's not worth it anyway.

The guide says:

""The Collector, Connoisseur and Survivalist Catalogues raise the probability of item drops (normal, rare and shrouds respectively), increasing valuable spoils for the whole party. The effect is not cumulative, so equipping four catalogues of the same type is no more effective than equipping one.""

Not sure how people are coming to the conclusion they stack when the official guide says they don't

VeloZer0
04-27-2010, 12:41 AM
I don't know either way in this case; however I do know that when official guides quote game mechanics they are right more often than not, but wrong enough of the time that I wouldn't consider them the final word.

Ezme
04-27-2010, 11:34 AM
I don't have enough slots to equip more than one without weakening myself atm anyway so doesn't matter. now have one con and one survival cat

Loony BoB
04-27-2010, 11:40 AM
I don't know either way in this case; however I do know that when official guides quote game mechanics they are right more often than not, but wrong enough of the time that I wouldn't consider them the final word.
Given that I originally thought that they stacked but when I took all bar one off (after finding out they don't) there was no evident difference in how often I got ingots/traps/etc, I would be inclined to agree that having one is no different to having four.