PDA

View Full Version : Just how DID Shera survive the rocket launch?

MJN SEIFER
04-26-2010, 02:21 PM
We all know Cid canceled the take off, because Shera was in an engine room (or whatever that place was), and she would have died if he hadn't, but during the flashback the rocket still takes off for about a second, and then it lands back down.

But if it took off, then surley the engines had already ignighted, so how the hell did Shera survive? Surley Cid was already too late...:confused:

PeneloRatsbane
04-26-2010, 02:28 PM
She's a survivor! She survived Geo Stigma as well.
but TBH I have no Idea about how she avoided getting fried

blackmage_nuke
04-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Maybe she was only in the second stage engine room. Rocket shuttles break appart or something dont they? Im not sure.

Hot Shot
04-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Maybe she was only in the second stage engine room. Rocket shuttles break appart or something dont they? Im not sure.
I think you're right, but the sheer amount of heat would have still reached her. And even before take off, the engines would have been pretty hot, so if Cid cancelled ot a bit earlier, she still should have died.

But, I reckon Shera died and became a ghost with some unfinished business, which is to get Cid into space safely. That's the reason why she doesn't leave the abusive Cid and, in her honour, Cid named his new airship after her.

...I'm just kidding. I don't think we'll ever know why or how she survived.

BarelySeeAtAll
04-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Magic.

blackmage_nuke
04-27-2010, 09:39 AM
She equiped the Fire ring

Loony BoB
04-27-2010, 12:56 PM
A wizard did it.

seiferalmasy2
04-27-2010, 01:13 PM
A wizard did it.

Confused matthew fan? :D

Skyblade
04-28-2010, 03:34 AM
She was not in the engine room. She was checking the oxygen tanks. Fuel room, not engine room. The engine room and combustion chamber are probably lower down in the rocket, in an area inaccessible to us in the game. Heat would have taken some time to reach that high, and would only have been a danger during the continual firing associated with liftoff, where the heat would build up in unprotected areas that weren't meant to house the crew during engine firing.

Loony BoB
04-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Yeah, that's a fair point. If heat built up that quickly in the oxygen tanks then the rocket would be screwed.

Garnie
04-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Well basic survival over inescapable situations should be a breeze when your a professional tea maker for cid: amIryt???:jokey:

No.78
04-30-2010, 01:33 PM
She equiped the Fire ring

This^

She still had a few HP left. She's a higher level than you think!

BarelySeeAtAll
04-30-2010, 06:11 PM
She was not in the engine room. She was checking the oxygen tanks. Fuel room, not engine room. The engine room and combustion chamber are probably lower down in the rocket, in an area inaccessible to us in the game. Heat would have taken some time to reach that high, and would only have been a danger during the continual firing associated with liftoff, where the heat would build up in unprotected areas that weren't meant to house the crew during engine firing.

This explains it.

But why is Cid :bou::bou::bou::bou:ting his pants about it then? Am I wrong..or does he get all "oh nooooooo get outta there you goddamn waste of woman!" ?

Guess there wasn't a handy EoFF person to cool his guns. :roll2

silentenigma
05-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Better question: How did Shinra, in only a few weeks' notice, get an old rocket which had been decaying and leaning over for twenty years to take off successfully and be safe enough for passengers?

Skyblade
05-01-2010, 08:03 AM

This explains it.

But why is Cid :bou::bou::bou::bou:ting his pants about it then? Am I wrong..or does he get all "oh nooooooo get outta there you goddamn waste of woman!" ?

Guess there wasn't a handy EoFF person to cool his guns. :roll2

Because had the rocket completed takeoff, the heat would have built up to a high enough level to cook her. It just would have taken longer than the two seconds of firing that happens before he shuts off the engines.

Better question: How did Shinra, in only a few weeks' notice, get an old rocket which had been decaying and leaning over for twenty years to take off successfully and be safe enough for passengers?

Cid and his rocket crew were fanatically devoted to it, and had a lot of time on their hands. They kept the mechanisms in extremely good condition, always hoping for approval. This is explained in game. Their crew has been waiting for launch since that day, all set and ready to go.

Clo
05-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Cid and his rocket crew were fanatically devoted to it, and had a lot of time on their hands. They kept the mechanisms in extremely good condition, always hoping for approval. This is explained in game. Their crew has been waiting for launch since that day, all set and ready to go.

Well, they're living in Rocket Town, on the top of that continent, cut off by mountains from, what towns? Nibelheim? Miles away from the Gold Saucer? Yeah, they really do got nothing better to do anyway than to wait around for someone to secure their rocket dreams.

Carl the Llama
06-03-2010, 01:27 PM

Well, they're living in Rocket Town, on the top of that continent, cut off by mountains from, what towns? Nibelheim? Miles away from the Gold Saucer? Yeah, they really do got nothing better to do anyway than to wait around for someone to secure their rocket dreams.

That isn't true, they have the flying Tiny Bronco till Cloud n co steal it.

Jiro
06-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Cid and co. maintain the rocket, as already mentioned.

I think Skyblade has it right with how Shera survived too. I never really pieced it together, the rocket taking off meant that the engines had started somewhat.

Halbeliebe
08-10-2016, 01:47 PM
So accepting the fact that Shera did for some reason survive the startup, which is not that problematic in my humble opinion, since there are more then one phase during startup of a rocket blah blah... (and how can a fuel tank explode anyway, there is no fire or spark in it unless there is a serious design flaw there ^^)
But my question is: How the hell did she survive the actual start of the rocket later in the game? She was apparently in a room next to the fuel tanks, wouldn't she get fried this time?
Also - if everyone kept the rocket ready to go and Shinra lost all interest - what kept them from just firing up the damn thing in all those years?

Shauna
08-10-2016, 04:44 PM
Let's not be reviving threads from 6 years ago! If you want to discuss this, make a new thread. :)