PDA

View Full Version : Dreams and Goals

Hollycat
04-26-2010, 04:05 PM
This is an idea/discussion thread, but not a debate. Some people cover this in there welcome threads, but pretty much this thread is to let people tell their dreams, goals, and what they find interesting, and a chance to get responses from others.

Rodarian
04-26-2010, 07:14 PM
I kinda found that reputation button a lil puzzling....

Whats the purpose in that anyhow?!

Hollycat
04-26-2010, 07:18 PM
On some Vb3 forums you cannot access special areas with a low rep. The rep is just a way of letting others know what kind of person you are. the higher your rep, the more you can give out, those who have red rep cant do anything

Fonzie
04-26-2010, 07:22 PM
This (http://forums.eyesonff.com/feedback-forum/131686-rep-levels.html) thread is already discussing all reputation matters, bro. :p

Hollycat
04-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Different thing entirely, see the first post

Bunny
04-26-2010, 07:32 PM
My life's ambition is to do absolutely nothing with my life (I will settle for being a stay-at-home dad, if I must) and let my girlfriend bring home the bulk of the cash-money.

My other ambition, barring the aforementioned, is to be a popular moderator on an internet message board about a video game series that hasn't produced a quality game in the last decade.

One of these is more likely than the other.

Fonzie
04-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Different thing entirely, see the first post

both threads concern the same things and the same topic xD

Raistlin
04-26-2010, 07:37 PM
My life's ambition is to actually start studying for my Contracts final.

This may or may not actually happen.

kotora
04-26-2010, 07:53 PM
My goal is to become a commando in the Dutch special forces, after I enlist in air mobile first.

Hollycat
04-26-2010, 08:05 PM
I want to work for square enix designing and producing a final fantasy game and then finish and publish the manga i ve been working on

Unfotunatley, every time i post a sample chapter online, it ends up being spammed so much I delete it

theundeadhero
04-27-2010, 01:41 AM
I have a few things I'm interested in and I believe hobbies are a large part of defining someone's personality.

The first would be my Harley. Imagine being a young boy (or girl if you're into that sort of thing) and dreaming of one day riding around on a motorcycle of your very own. Now imagine reaching that dream. I love just cruising around town while not doing anything specific. It's a lot of fun taking a bike and making it your very own instead of leaving it a factory stock machine.

The next one would be my awesome video game collection. It all started when I was five and my dad brought home a brand new Nintendo along with The Legend of Zelda. I wondered what this thing was and then learned as he played Zelda every day after work until he beat it :p Years later I still love gaming. I own multiple systems and somewhere around 200 games.

I also enjoy collecting records. Some time when I was sixteen or so I went up to my Dad's stereo and decided to look through what records he had to see if there would be any I liked. I don't remember what I played but it sparked a minor interest. Then not long afterwards I bought a Pink Floyd~ Dark Side of the Moon record off of ebay. From then I've never looked back. I have all kinds of records from AC/DC to The Beatles to Nirvana to Bill Cosby :p Anytime I See records for sale I always look through them to see if there's anything I might want.

Hollycat
05-03-2010, 04:25 PM
My mother collects records too, but her dream is to.......
hmmmmmm.....
I think its to live to 90?

Loony BoB
05-03-2010, 04:39 PM
I changed the name of the thread title and adjusted your first post because I found them misleading - I hope you don't mind. At least other people will be less confused about what this thread is about now, though!

My dreams and goals generally surround the desire to be happy and relaxed. I basically want to eventually get married, have kids, good friends, a dog and a cat, that sort of thing. It's pretty typical, but then, it's only typical because it's such a nice thing to have. I also want to travel a lot, I guess, and meet lots of people.

Hollycat
05-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Thats fine, at least you didnt change the name of the thread to something stupid, one site I joined in 2004 had a mod who thought it was hilarious to rename every thread I started into a cuss word...

Loony BoB
05-03-2010, 04:46 PM
What a weirdo. =|

Hollycat
05-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Maybe instead of Dreams and goals Central, we could change it to Day Dreams or something. Or at least remove the Central?

Rye
05-03-2010, 04:54 PM
In the long term, I don't really care what I do since there's so many professions I'd love to be in (though I'm thinking of becoming a professor and trying to get into that field of work), but I want to be able to live wherever I want and move often and travel. I preferably want to stay in New York and move into Manhattan. If I do well and I have a job that has an open schedule, I have a small business/shop I'd like to open up.

For the medium term, I just want Huxley to be here ASAP. I want similar to BoB - I want us to move into an apartment, I want a doggie and a cat, relaxation, and just to have our own little life that's not interfered with.

For the very short term, I just hope my college credits aren't terribly messed up and that I don't have to retake my math class because my new university I've transferred to doesn't accept it. I want to graduate in time!

Hollycat
05-03-2010, 04:58 PM
I want a cat, mine was given away to my aunt because it attacked my sister because she bit into its foot, and then my aunt moved and gave it to an old lady who left her out in the rain

Clo
05-03-2010, 05:36 PM
I want to be a teacher.

And just a genuinely awesome person. We'll see how that works out. :cool:

black orb
05-04-2010, 01:20 AM
>>> My dream? After I die I want to become a ghost and scare people..:luca:

Madame Adequate
05-04-2010, 03:03 AM
I want to unify Humanity under my flag and establish the supremacy of the Dominion of Man over every world, every galaxy, and every dimension which exists. And unlike Alexander, when I gaze around and see that I have no more worlds to conquer, I shall have new ones created.

Shlup
05-04-2010, 03:16 AM
Goals:
Graduate high school ✔
Graduate college ✔
Get married ✔
Be a teacher ✔
Get a job that is not a teacher (New goal!)
Buy a house
Have babies

Dreams:
Go to Japan ✔

I had one dream and I did it. Woo! Goals are coming along okay.

Jings
05-04-2010, 04:19 AM
I guess my immediate goal is to be with my girlfriend, who moved back home to America last year. She wants to live in America and I want to live in the UK, someone's going to break. And I bet it'll have to be me. :mad2:

Oh well, I'd rather be with her than live in the UK alone.

Mo-Nercy
05-04-2010, 06:22 AM
My immediate goal is to graduate from university and get my B. Social Work degree.

Beyond that, I obviously want to begin my career as a social worker. I have a passion for working with disadvantaged children and adolescents, and I'll probably look for a job involving the latter demographic because male social workers often find it easier to connect with teenagers. There's a social work role within the Department of Education and Training that I've got my eye on. It's a government job so it'll pay better, but I'd honestly be happy with any job I can find to begin with, except child protection. I don't like the idea of removing children from their families. I get that sometimes it's a necessary measure, but from the social worker's perspective, it's not very good for the soul.

Moving out of the family home is another goal of mine. Already got a place kind of lined up, but I'll have to wait to see how that pans out. It's not something I need to worry about until next year anyway.

Hollycat
05-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Goals:
Graduate high school ✔
Graduate college ✔
Get married ✔
Be a teacher ✔
Buy a house
Have babies

Dreams:
Go to Japan ✔

OMG that is something I want to do, ever since I was seven and saw 3 ninjas

Peegee
05-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Goals:
Graduate high school ✔
Graduate college ✔
Get married ✔
Be a teacher ✔
Buy a house
Have babies

Dreams:
Go to Japan ✔

I find it very neat that you want to get a house and have babies - two of the most simple things to do [the latter moreso than the former], if you don't care where you live *cough* Canada

I have a goal of accomplishing nearly nothing with my life. When I make enough money that I can afford to rent a hovel for the rest of my life, my future achievements will cease.

Hollycat
05-04-2010, 06:44 PM
I was talking about japan.
funny response though

Peegee
05-04-2010, 06:54 PM
I was talking about japan.
funny response though

I wanted to visit Japan but somebody told me it wasn't like Kanto Region, so I changed my mind.

Blasted anime lied to me again.

LunarWeaver
05-08-2010, 01:26 AM
My dream is to bring a little a peace to us. I want to chop down and destroy all nature so all these arguments surrounding environmentalism are gone forever. Give a little relief to the world, you know? And I'm sure this would kill us all, which will solve more problems.

Miriel
05-08-2010, 08:03 AM
Career
Get published in a national magazine (happening this fall!!)
Get commissioned to photograph somewhere overseas (happening next winter!)
Book 2 more jobs for this year, 30 jobs for next year.

Life
Get hitched.

Misc
Long term: I want to buy a couple acres of land and devote it to the rescue and rehabilitation of abandoned or abused Jindos and other spitz type dogs. Will likely need to be a millionaire to do this since I would need to buy the land, hire staff, pay for all the veterinary bills, etc.
Short term: Donate a couple hundred dollars every month to local dog shelters and rescue organizations. (P.S. If you want to see something that will break your heart, but is so important to see: YouTube - Born to Die ...... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ4M-H29LCw))

Citizen Bleys
05-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Thats fine, at least you didnt change the name of the thread to something stupid, one site I joined in 2004 had a mod who thought it was hilarious to rename every thread I started into a cuss word...

Good times. I wasn't aware we'd met before.

My greatest ambition is to say something so bloody daft that my own drug dealer asks me what I've been smoking.

Hollycat
05-10-2010, 03:12 PM
wow... that is. um, quite a goal....
I want to get another job dis summer, or open up an art shop!

drotato
05-10-2010, 03:22 PM
I want to professionally streetdance...
Buuuuut, it's hard to get a job doing that nowadays, since so many girls want to do it too...

So I guess my second choice would be wildlife photographer. (:

Rodarian
05-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Starting the first week of June.. My goal is to get back into body shape...

Hollycat
05-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Oh no, you wished for no bones didnt you....
You dont need to get back into a body-like shape, just open up a punch me stand!

Pop Frank Socket
05-11-2010, 01:58 AM
Destroy all humans in the name of The Subterranian Crab Republic. HAIL PRESIDENT KRRUG!

Levian
05-11-2010, 05:10 AM
I guess you could say that my dream is to find a dream. I want to find a job that I can really be thrilled about, but I don't know what that might be. I suppose my dream right now is to have fun, enjoy my time on earth and to take care of friends and family. It's a philosophy I'll always put ahead of anything else, but since a job is what's going to finance that dream and also occupy one third of the rest of my life, it would be nice if that job was a part of my dream.

Hollycat
05-20-2010, 05:03 PM
I now want to be an art teacher