PDA

View Full Version : This is horrible

Bunny
04-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Yesterday, I called my landlord to tell her that my garbage disposal wasn't draining properly. Later that day, her husband/handyman came over to look at it and, sure enough, figured out what the problem was: the pipes had corroded so horribly that they were brittle. To the point where, when he took the pipes underneath the sink apart, they could not be put back together because they almost dissolved on the connect-y parts.

So he (the handyman) told me that they would have to call a plumber tomorrow (today; Monday) to get it fixed. Sure enough, that's what happened. However, there is more to the story!:

Me, in my insanely glorious wisdom and complete lack of common sense or anything even remotely resembling intelligence, decided it would be a good idea to stay up until 6am into Monday morning. I did this without thinking any consequences whatsoever and completely forgetting that my sink was broken and the plumberman was coming to fix it. So, I went to bed thinking "oh god I hate myself never again can I miss classes?" before being woken up, three hours later, by my extremely annoying ringtone. After fighting the urge to crush it with my mind (I can do that), I answered it. Lo and behold, the plumberman came calling. At 930. Is this normal for people?

Anyway. I am awake now. The plumber is here fixing my sink. I am awake now, too. I've had 3 hours of sleep and have absolutely no idea what I am going to do with myself.

Topic: What is the absolute worst possible series of events that you can think of regarding plumbers, sleep schedules, and telekinesis?

PS. After hanging up on the plumber after coming to an agreed upon solution for his arrival, I tried to salvage the day by getting a couple more minutes of sleep. My phone decided that was a stupid idea and called him back immediately. I did not realize this until my phone started speaking to me in the very hushed tones of a confused man. I had no idea what was going on so I mumbled something about aliens taking over my phone and then I hung up very quickly to save my dignity. Or what was left of it anyway.

Shlup
04-26-2010, 06:07 PM
The night before going to Japan I was up late, thinking I would sleep on the plane. I didn't. I got like three hours of sleep in... I don't know, a day and a half or maybe two days. Carried my bags for several city blocks before finding my hotel. I slept like a rock that night though, I tell you whut.

Rodarian
04-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Awww Bunny that's horrible *pat pat*

The worst day was pulling up an all night at my campus during my mini thesis...

I was so exhausted and wired out that I was in tears.. My sister was in town so she and my bro in law came to rescue and took me home...

My sleep cycle was so f'd up and I started to talk funny .. Think a 'toad' with a voice....

Shoeberto
04-26-2010, 06:35 PM
I seem to remember, in my freshman year at college, I had a bad experience with being horribly sick, having a huge amount of assignments, tests and stuff for my job to do, and having a hard time sleeping because my room mate was such an obnoxiously loud piece of :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Unbreakable Will
04-26-2010, 06:47 PM
That is quite possibly the worst thing I've heard all day. And thats something, I was in EoEO a few seconds ago.

Raistlin
04-26-2010, 07:28 PM
I visited Jojo in January of 2009 and my last night there we stayed up all night (we would've had to get up about 4:30-5 AM). This is especially troublesome considering the fact that I had something like 8+ hours of travel ahead of me (bus ride to Midway in Chicago, waiting at airport and airplane ride, and then a 2.5 hour drive home at the end). I caught maybe 30 minutes of sleep on the bus.

Rye
04-26-2010, 10:11 PM
I usually get a decent amount of sleep before and after flips, though I never sleep during the flights.

Usually, the only time I can't sleep is 1) if it's too hot or 2) I'm feeling scared from hearing noises.

Tavrobel
04-26-2010, 10:13 PM
I died, and no one dropped a soulstone, so now, I'm posting in this thread from beyond the grave.

G13
04-26-2010, 10:37 PM
I've been an insomniac for 2+ years. My entire final year of school is a blur.

rubah
04-27-2010, 12:30 AM
my day started off terrible and got progressively incredible! I'm sorry this was not so for you, bunny

Mo-Nercy
04-27-2010, 12:33 AM
I used to sleep in my car a fair bit. Parking at uni is really tough to get unless you come early, so I used to grab a spot and sleep an hour or two until class.

One time, I had a jogger knock on my window and wake me up. He told me that my engine was still running! I had been asleep for half an hour. =]

Jiro
04-27-2010, 05:12 AM
I can sleep anywhere so staying up til ridiculous hours is easily fixed by just sleeping wherever I end up.

qwertysaur
04-27-2010, 05:13 AM
I can sleep anywhere so staying up til ridiculous hours is easily fixed by just sleeping wherever I end up.
Beware the forest mushrooms...

Breine
04-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Flying from Tokyo to San Francisco, resulted in no sleep for about 48 hours. That was probably the worst jet lag I experienced while traveling. I was like a zombie walking through The Mission.

Bunny
04-28-2010, 03:40 AM
I was hoping for more stories about telekinesis. You people disappoint me.

Unbreakable Will
04-28-2010, 03:45 AM
I was hoping for more stories about telekinesis. You people disappoint me.
I once lifted a wailing Norwegian fisherman from a frozen lake with telekinesis. He was crying because he hadn't caught any fish in years. Then when I told him about a warm fire and ale he ran off like a French guard with track shoes and a coupon for cigarettes.
:colbert:

Loony BoB
04-28-2010, 10:15 AM
I get tired way too early these days. =| I've found myself going to bed at 11pm every day lately, and it's a bit weird.

Raistlin
04-28-2010, 03:18 PM
I got about 5 hours of sleep last night... and I have a 5 hour exam this afternoon. Happy day.

Zeldy
04-28-2010, 06:19 PM
The night before flying to Majorca I went to a rock club, it's not that I got in late - I got home drunk as a skunk, trying and failing to hide the fact that at 14 I was absolutely wankered. My Mum woke me up at 2am (after getting home at midnight) with a cup of tea and toast, telling me the taxi was coming to take us to the airport in an hour. I didn't even drink the tea, ate the toast, was sick, and then flew to Majorca. It was.. horrible. 'Rough' is not a strong enough word for how I felt!

My Dad clocked I'd been drinking, he could smell it on me.

Shiny
04-28-2010, 08:07 PM
and having a hard time sleeping because my room mate was such an obnoxiously loud piece of :bou::bou::bou::bou:.
You should have punched him in the d. Or got a megaphone and screamed in his ear, "STOP RIGHT NOW THANK YOU VERY MUCH I NEED SOMEBODY WITH A HUMAN TOUCH".

This whole school year has been a series of unfortunate events; mostly surrounding getting my projects completed. They were all completed on time and not rushed BUT, most of everything that could possibly go wrong, went wrong.

kotora
04-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Had a :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty sleep schedule not too long ago. Bit me in the ass when I was at this army thing for 2 days without sleeping the night before and we had drills all day before they let us sleep - only to wake us up after an hour for more drills. I was pretty exhausted after that.