PDA

View Full Version : Freaks and Geeks

Hot Shot
04-26-2010, 06:20 PM
I recently discoverd the amazing show Freaks and Geeks (albeit 10 years late) and I just love it! But, what makes it so sad is that the show got cancelled after the first season. And this show never aired outside the US, so many people, including myself, have never even heard about it. I came across this show by chance by reading the Shortlist (a free yet really good publication in the UK) and there was an article about "The hidden gems of US TV", which gave acknowledgement to Freaks and Geeks. And, in the same day of reading the article, I watched an interview with Seth Rogen and James Franco (Pineapple Express) and they mentioned the show.

I mean, it had Seth Rogen, Jason Segel, James Franco, Linda Cardellini and many more young actors who were all starting their careers and now they are all well established actors. They also had a great supporting cast and some funny special appearances. And Entertainment Weekly recently called it the 13th greatest show EVER! As with all Cult Classics, they are often overlooked and unappreciated by the masses during their time, yet it's fan base continue's to grow.

I just wanna know what you guys think of the show because I'm actually shocked they would cancel such a good show and end it so abruptly. But then again, I guess kids these just wanna watch unrealistic and bland shows like the OC or 90210...

Breine
04-26-2010, 07:00 PM
I've known about the show for a long time, and some of my good friends love it.. but for some unknown reason I've only seen a small part of the first episode. I really want to watch the entire series at one point. It's supposed to be really good.

Rocket Edge
04-26-2010, 07:19 PM
I actually posted a thread years back on these forums about this show if I remember correctly. Freaks and Geeks was one of a very few shows that could genuinely make me laugh. The storyline, characters, and the outlook of the show was very appealing and the acting was top notch. Shame it got cancelled.

Hot Shot
04-26-2010, 07:52 PM
I actually posted a thread years back on these forums about this show if I remember correctly. Freaks and Geeks was one of a very few shows that could genuinely make me laugh. The storyline, characters, and the outlook of the show was very appealing and the acting was top notch. Shame it got cancelled.
I know what you mean! It was such a funny show, but it also pulled at your heart strings at times. It only got cancelled because it isn't formulaic, generic garbage like Friends!

And Breine, definately watch it, you'll love it!

Rocket Edge
04-26-2010, 09:10 PM
^ Yeah I agree. Shows you mentioned such as The OC, One Tree Hill, & especially 90210 are all pure garbage that can't hold my attention at all.

G13
04-26-2010, 10:50 PM
That show was awesome. I think about it on a regular basis. My heart was broken when I found out it wasn't coming back. I... I still haven't gotten over the loss.

Hot Shot
04-27-2010, 09:23 AM
That show was awesome. I think about it on a regular basis. My heart was broken when I found out it wasn't coming back. I... I still haven't gotten over the loss.
I'm here for you man. We'll get through this together...

G13
04-27-2010, 09:59 AM
I attend a support group on thursdays. MM me if you want the address.

Araciel
04-28-2010, 12:37 AM
The episode with baby Shia LeBeef was hilarious.

Shiny
04-28-2010, 08:28 PM
I recently heard of this show last year when Jason Segel brought it up in an interview, but I haven't been able to watch it yet. It's probably on YouTube.

VexNet
05-09-2010, 11:02 PM
I've known about the show for a long time, and some of my good friends love it.. but for some unknown reason I've only seen a small part of the first episode. I really want to watch the entire series at one point. It's supposed to be really good.

I used to be the same way, I had known about it for years too.
However recently (as in a couple of months ago) I started watching them from the start at last and fell totally and completely in love with it. Definately worth getting around to watching it.

I've been tempted to watch Undeclared since it's another one of Judd Apatow's works, except it's based a little bit after High School.

I agree, I felt the characters hit home really well.

I know what you mean! It was such a funny show, but it also pulled at your heart strings at times. It only got cancelled because it isn't formulaic, generic garbage like Friends!

And Breine, definately watch it, you'll love it!

I also agree the characters hit home for me too. Great stuff to watch.
Friends was pretty funny aswell, F&G is a different type of show, It's more coming of age for teens.

I feel your pain, After finishing it I've found I'm lost and I find myself watching old episodes again..

-joins your support group- =[