PDA

View Full Version : *Hiccup* "Bless you. Wait..."

missaira
04-27-2010, 03:22 AM
This has been bugging me for a long while now and I can't work it out!

When somebody nearby sneezes, it's common courtesy to say "bless you".
What I want to know is, what are you meant to say when somebody hiccups?

Calling all EoFFers for their suggestions :)

Goldenboko
04-27-2010, 03:23 AM
Whatever it takes to scare them away. :D

Pheesh
04-27-2010, 03:28 AM
I usually laugh...

Mo-Nercy
04-27-2010, 03:33 AM
I give out advice that doesn't work for how to stop hiccups.

Raistlin
04-27-2010, 03:36 AM
I usually recommend they hold their breath. I figure that as a result the hiccups go away or they asphyxiate; either way the hiccups stop.

qwertysaur
04-27-2010, 03:38 AM
The enemies weakness is ice. use Bufu spells!

Vermachtnis
04-27-2010, 03:47 AM
Stop it!

Clo
04-27-2010, 04:08 AM
Scream at them really loudly.

rubah
04-27-2010, 04:28 AM
excuse you, sometimes

Jiro
04-27-2010, 04:53 AM
I just smack people on the back. "Get outta there, excess oxygen"

qwertysaur
04-27-2010, 04:54 AM
hiccups are muscle spasms though :p

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-27-2010, 05:12 AM
Stop it!

A firm slap is sometimes also permitted.

Rye
04-27-2010, 05:14 AM
I giggle. Hiccups are always horrible when you have them, but cute when others have them.

Jiro
04-27-2010, 05:19 AM
I confused them with yawns momentarily. Smacking them in the back is fine still

Mo-Nercy
04-27-2010, 10:25 AM
I confused them with yawns momentarily. Smacking them in the back is fine still
Why would you want to stop someone from yawning? :D

Rantz
04-27-2010, 11:51 AM
I don't say anything, I just throw acid in their face. It always stops the hiccups instantly!

missaira
04-27-2010, 12:05 PM
I've often thought that for when someone yawns we should say "curse you", you know, because of the whole contagious thing.

Go on, dare you to yawn, right now :p

Loony BoB
04-27-2010, 12:24 PM
If it's Danielle, I frighten her or tickle her!

If it's anyone else, I just laugh.

Jiro
04-27-2010, 03:01 PM
ITT we learn (beyond all doubt) that Daniel is a jerk, especially to Danielle.

Unbreakable Will
04-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Argh! I hate the hiccups, I rarely get them but when I do they last for at least 30 minutes.

I usually tell them to do funny things (funny to me that is). They never work but they always give a good laugh. :p

Hot Shot
04-27-2010, 03:51 PM
When someone hiccups next to me, I am often lost for words, so I just laugh awkwardly.

Loony BoB
04-27-2010, 05:11 PM
ITT we learn (beyond all doubt) that Daniel is a jerk, especially to Danielle.
Probably least to Danielle. With Danielle, I fix the problem. Which is needed, because her hiccups can literally last for an hour or so.

BarelySeeAtAll
04-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Hit them.

~*~Celes~*~
04-27-2010, 11:14 PM
I giggle. Hiccups are always horrible when you have them, but cute when others have them.

Bunny
04-27-2010, 11:51 PM
I was told a long time ago, when I was but a child, that the utterance of "bless you" following a sneeze stems from the time of the black plague and, in essence, is a condemnation of the sneezer and a proclamation of the death that will soon follow. It is, in a way, telling a person to get away from you albeit.. politely. I'm not sure if this is based on any real life evidence or truths but I choose to believe it because it sounds pretty awesome.

I don't say bless you to anyone, I just look at them and glare.

As for hiccups, my girlfriend swears that if you do some weird exercise with your diaphragm (or something along those lines), then the hiccups will stop. I'm pretty sure she was just trying to get me to hold my breath so I die and she can keep all my money and stuff.

missaira
04-28-2010, 12:05 AM
Baha :p

Unbreakable Will
04-28-2010, 03:48 AM
I was told a long time ago, when I was but a child, that the utterance of "bless you" following a sneeze stems from the time of the black plague and, in essence, is a condemnation of the sneezer and a proclamation of the death that will soon follow. It is, in a way, telling a person to get away from you albeit.. politely. I'm not sure if this is based on any real life evidence or truths but I choose to believe it because it sounds pretty awesome.

As for hiccups, my girlfriend swears that if you do some weird exercise with your diaphragm (or something along those lines), then the hiccups will stop. I'm pretty sure she was just trying to get me to hold my breath so I die and she can keep all my money and stuff.
Yup, just like a woman to try and off you.

crazybayman
04-28-2010, 03:45 PM
There's always "Gesundheit", which apparently is German for "healthiness", according to Wiki.

I just punch them in the throat.

G13
04-28-2010, 05:20 PM
I usually do the polite thing and bomb a small village for every hiccup uttered in my presence. :colbert:

Bunny
04-29-2010, 02:27 AM

Yup, just like a woman to try and off you.

I haven't quite figured out if she is a human female. Her actions lead me to believe that she might but, although sometimes I think she's either an alien or a bear. She might also be some sort of assassin. A really clumsy assassin.

Hollycat
04-29-2010, 03:56 AM
Person: [hiccup]
you: .....
person: [hiccup]
you: stop it
you: STOP IT
you: Do that one more time and you die!
person: .....
you: thats better
person: [hic~]

Pheesh
04-29-2010, 04:01 AM
I haven't quite figured out if she is a human female. Her actions lead me to believe that she might but, although sometimes I think she's either an alien or a bear. She might also be some sort of assassin. A really clumsy assassin.

She might be a really clumsy bear assassin :shifty: