PDA

View Full Version : drink or drinking

rubah
04-27-2010, 04:29 AM
so, ever get drunk on the school's dime? with your employer?! Excellent, me too.

(it was fun)

Rye
04-27-2010, 04:31 AM
On my first official night at University of Reading in England, at formal dinner we were served two bottles of wine between us girls in the hall. It was cheap though and I barely got a buzz, but it was cool to be served alcohol for free by my school!

Mo-Nercy
04-27-2010, 04:38 AM
One of my favourite drinking buddies ever is my former manager. He's one of those blokes who only ever has beer in his fridge and a mattress on the floor as a bed.

And when we were at a bar, it didn't matter how many of us there were, it was always his shout. Which made sense, considering we only made 10 dollars an hour working for him. It was fun =].

Raistlin
04-27-2010, 04:41 AM
I have gotten drunk (or at least a very good start) on my school's dime on a number of occasions. When I was over 21, pretty much every college function had at least some alcohol available (usually a 3 drinks/person, though some were open bar). And at law school all school functions have alcohol because everyone is old.

One time with my employer, too. My boss at Gettysburg's campus rec took the senior supervisors out for drinks the end of my senior year. Good times.

Marshall Banana
04-27-2010, 04:43 AM
I've never been drunk. =O

rubah
04-27-2010, 05:17 AM
I'm sure I can figure out some way to make something palatable to you, monda!

Rye
04-27-2010, 05:20 AM
Brother's Strawberry Cider is just about the sweetest alcoholic drink there is that isn't literally an alcopop. It's delicious and the bottle is so cute.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5NcGqqRItjY/SuWpqHjIO3I/AAAAAAAAASc/Fy-DoTvBDZ8/s320/brother+strawberry+and+pear+cider.jpg

Too bad America seems to have completely decided to miss out on alcoholic cider, or else I'd tell you to try that if you were ever feeling curiosity, Monda!

I hate beer, wine isn't something I tend to drink, and cocktails and shots get boring after a while. There's only so much of the captain that I can take. Cider is my favorite. There's so many different kinds.

http://www.redoctobermalta.com/filebank/imagebank/kopparberg-%20apple-bottle4.5.bmp

Kopparberg is my favorite and it tastes like sweet apple heaven. It barely tastes alcoholic. Sweden wins again. XD

Yar
04-27-2010, 05:22 AM
I've been drunk with my bosses on several occasions. One time I was even cooked eggs for breakfast the next morning!

Breine
04-27-2010, 09:22 AM
I've been drunk with bosses several times as well - fun times.

Getting drunk on the school's dime happened many times in high school :beer:

Miss_Lulu
04-27-2010, 09:34 AM
The only alcohol I've ever had was a sip of Bud Light at a campfire three weeks ago. I immediately spit it out as it tasted disgusting.
Oh I'm so lame. :(

Meat Puppet
04-27-2010, 09:39 AM
I take so much fucking booze to get drunk, man. I’ve been gouging at a liter of bourbon all day and I haven’t even started to tickle tipsyness.

Mo-Nercy
04-27-2010, 10:19 AM
I take so much smurfing booze to get drunk, man. I’ve been gouging at a liter of bourbon all day and I haven’t even started to tickle tipsyness.
That might because you're spacing it all out over the course of the day.

Not that I'm encouraging you to drink a litre of bourbon in one go. :p

kotora
04-27-2010, 12:17 PM
No idea what a school's dime is, but I have been drunk a few times at school during lessons and during some project presentation nonsense. There were a few bottles of wine just randomly lying somewhere so we decided to empty them. I believe they were for some girl's presentation about France or something.

Denmark
04-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Technically, I have consumed from a keg that was partially funded by a professor of my roommates. Since said professor is most likely paid by the school, I would consider that getting drunk on the school's dime.

Oh and there were the times that we indirectly purchased kegs with money we were not supposed to use for such purpose, though we reimbursed the fund with our own money so it all worked out to not get us in trouble.

Hot Shot
04-27-2010, 03:10 PM
I've been drunk at college once. But that was only because every monday, I had a break from 10:30-2:00 and I did catering in a kitchen which had red and white wine. I just had to make sure I ate some mints before I went into class and not talk to my teacher. She was so uptight about those kinda things, but then again, it was against college rules and I was only 17 (a few months shy from being 18). Luckily, nobody notcied except the girl who was with me whilst I was drinking.

And kids, I feel it's my obligation to say that drinking isn't cool. Being yourself and having fun without drink, now that's cool :cool:

rubah
04-27-2010, 06:07 PM
The only alcohol I've ever had was a sip of Bud Light at a campfire three weeks ago. I immediately spit it out as it tasted disgusting.

I don't blame you. Beer is hard to enjoy at first

Zeldy
04-27-2010, 09:41 PM
I've never had drink bought by my school or college, my high school was very much against it - even on our prom we wern't allowed drink! I'm not sure what the Leaver's Ball at my college is going to be like. I'll be 18 so.

I've convinced my supervisor from work to buy me many drinks when he's very intoxicated. Not just for me, he ends up buying every one of us a shot. it's funny. He goes mad at me for it!

Jessweeee♪
04-27-2010, 09:54 PM
I've never had a drink in my life.

kotora
04-27-2010, 10:01 PM

only if it's :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty beer. Like Budweiser or Heineken which most people drink. Good beer actually tastes good right from the start.

Rye
04-27-2010, 10:30 PM
I've been recommended beers from so many different people. I've tried lager and ale. I've tried Polish beer, Russian beer, Irirish beer, and then the standard teen party beers. I've even tried Banana Bread Beer. And I have hated it all. The closest I've had to an acceptable beer was some kind of blueberry beer that tasted like a mix between blueberry cider and beer. I don't think beer will ever not taste like pisswater to me. It sucks, since it'd be nice to enjoy it.

Meat Puppet
04-27-2010, 10:38 PM
I take so much smurfing booze to get drunk, man. I’ve been gouging at a liter of bourbon all day and I haven’t even started to tickle tipsyness.
That might because you're spacing it all out over the course of the day.

Not that I'm encouraging you to drink a litre of bourbon in one go. :p

that’s not what gouging means

Fonzie
04-27-2010, 10:47 PM
I've been recommended beers from so many different people. I've tried lager and ale. I've tried Polish beer, Russian beer, Irirish beer, and then the standard teen party beers. I've even tried Banana Bread Beer. And I have hated it all. The closest I've had to an acceptable beer was some kind of blueberry beer that tasted like a mix between blueberry cider and beer. I don't think beer will ever not taste like pisswater to me. It sucks, since it'd be nice to enjoy it.

Try bud light lime! I'm sure you'll like that. :p

rubah
04-27-2010, 11:52 PM

only if it's :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty beer. Like Budweiser or Heineken which most people drink. Good beer actually tastes good right from the start.

I don't drink those! Anyway, anything is still hard to like at first. And by at first, I mean when you have just started to imbibe in alcohol in your life. I realize this may be shrouded in forgotten memories by some of our European or UKer friends (hi zeldy ;)))

Where do St. Pauli's Girl and Corona fall on the :bou::bou::bou::bou:tiness scales? Those are just about the only ones I can stand

Rye
04-27-2010, 11:54 PM
Corona with lime is tolerable and can be as pleasant as beer can be if it's a really cold one!

Fonzie
04-27-2010, 11:57 PM
Corona with lime is tolerable and can be as pleasant as beer can be if it's a really cold one!

I've had corona/lime and I still think BLL is a better choice. :p

Zeldy
04-27-2010, 11:59 PM
I drank a lukewarm Fosters can at a house party and it tasted nice. I have no idea who it belonged it, it was just on the window ledge and so therefore became mine.

Bunny
04-28-2010, 12:01 AM
Technically, I suppose I get drunk on the government's dime sorta.

Captain Maxx Power
04-28-2010, 12:03 AM
I drank a lukewarm Fosters can at a house party and it tasted nice. I have no idea who it belonged it, it was just on the window ledge and so therefore became mine.

Someone's going to date-rape your face off one of these days. :cool:

Rye
04-28-2010, 12:04 AM
=/

NorthernChaosGod
04-28-2010, 12:17 AM

That's because you're drinking :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty beer. :(

Zeldy
04-28-2010, 12:23 AM

That was the only time I ever did that! I was smaaaashed. My mate gave me a drink at the bar one time going "I just got you a drink" and so I was like "what is it?" and she said "try it!" and it turns out it was a random drink she found at the bar. :heart: my friends!

(I drank half before doing the same to my mate "Here, want this drink? try it!")

Fonzie
04-28-2010, 01:13 AM

That was the only time I ever did that! I was smaaaashed. My mate gave me a drink at the bar one time going "I just got you a drink" and so I was like "what is it?" and she said "try it!" and it turns out it was a random drink she found at the bar. :heart: my friends!

(I drank half before doing the same to my mate "Here, want this drink? try it!")

Good to know you and your friends play it safe. :p

kotora
04-28-2010, 04:49 AM

I don't drink those! Anyway, anything is still hard to like at first. And by at first, I mean when you have just started to imbibe in alcohol in your life. I realize this may be shrouded in forgotten memories by some of our European or UKer friends (hi zeldy ;)))

Where do St. Pauli's Girl and Corona fall on the :bou::bou::bou::bou:tiness scales? Those are just about the only ones I can stand

I suppose Corona is cool since Vin Diesel drinks it in some of his movies. I like the light and fresh taste of it, though it doesn't compare to any proper beer. I still don't like wine even though I've drunk it a couple of times. Can't see how people who like it can stand that awful sour taste and complain about the taste of beer.

rubah
04-28-2010, 05:26 AM
My favorite wine is Rosa di [etc]. Usually I get Rosa di Bianca, which is white, but there's also rosa di rosa, which is red.

NorthernChaosGod
04-28-2010, 05:37 AM

You people actually drink beer with lime? :Oo:

Fonzie
04-28-2010, 05:40 AM

It's a light beer. :Oo:

NorthernChaosGod
04-28-2010, 09:38 AM

It's a light beer. :Oo:

It's not that bad. If you need beer with lime, drink better beer.

Captain Maxx Power
04-28-2010, 11:03 AM

Never mind date-raped, you're probably going to go out one night and wake up in 2020 with five kids.

Peegee
04-28-2010, 03:12 PM
The only thing close to an open bar I've been to and taken advantage of was Mandee's wedding. Now this is where she tells me it wasn't an open bar, showing how well I remember things

Citizen Bleys
04-29-2010, 01:43 AM
I'm amused by all of these Americans who think they don't like beer because all they've ever had is American beer.

(insert Eric Idle joke about making love in a canoe here)

rubah
04-29-2010, 03:34 AM
which is like.. two people in this thread, bleys? :p

At lunch today, one of my friends got a blueberry ale, and remembering Rye's experience, I went for it and really enjoyed it! :up:

Shiny
04-29-2010, 03:35 AM
I haven't gotten drunk ever, but have gotten tipsy yesterday after we viewed everyone's projects the teacher brought out beers, wine, and a bong.

Rye
04-29-2010, 03:38 AM

At lunch today, one of my friends got a blueberry ale, and remembering Rye's experience, I went for it and really enjoyed it! :up:

Yay! :up:

What was it called, out of curiosity? I've been trying to find that beer again, and I can't remember the name for the life of me!

Citizen Bleys
04-29-2010, 04:21 AM

The first letter of a proper name should be capitalized.

rubah
04-29-2010, 04:28 AM
So are the first letters of sentences; you can see how much I accommodate those! If you like, you can edit every single post I've ever neglected a grammar point (kishi is particularly miffed with my persistent comma splices, and after I turned on firefox's spellcheck, I've become appalled at my lack of spelling) and repost them!

anyway, rye, this is what I had:

Fat Boy Blue

4.5% ABV 13 IBUs O.G.= 1.046 s.g.

This beer is our Woodstock Wheat but with the addition of natural blueberry flavoring. It has a very nice fresh blueberry aroma and flavor.
Hog Haus Brewing Company Restaurant and Bar, Fayetteville, AR (http://www.hoghaus.com)

It probably wasn't what you had, though

Rye
04-29-2010, 04:32 AM
Awww, nope, that wasn't it. All I remember was that the label was a brown similar to the bottle, and there was a blueberry on it. I could be wrong though, it was over a year ago when I was still living in Rhode Island.

Clo
04-29-2010, 04:34 AM
Jaaaack Daaaaaniels.

:beer:

NorthernChaosGod
04-29-2010, 04:49 AM
I'm amused by all of these Americans who think they don't like beer because all they've ever had is American beer.

(insert Eric Idle joke about making love in a canoe here)

You shut your whore mouth. Most big name brands of beer suck regardless of where they come from. :mad2:

Citizen Bleys
04-29-2010, 06:46 AM
Alexander Keith's > all

NorthernChaosGod
04-29-2010, 07:19 AM
Stone Russian Imperial Stout > All :colbert: