PDA

View Full Version : Vincent = Sephiroth's dad?

Clo
04-27-2010, 05:25 AM
I think the spin-offs have crushed this theory I developed when I was eight years old, haha, but I solidly believed it back then.

So, Vincent was in love with Lucrezia. She was with Hojo. Hojo experimented on her baby, yada yada yada. I used to think, what if Lucrezia and Vincent had an affair? And her baby was Vincent's, and not Hojo's?

Really, I was backed up by physical evidence. Looking at Nomura's pictures of the characters, Vincent and Sephiroth both had broad shoulders and looked manly, while Hojo... well...

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/thumb/6/62/Vincent_Valentine_Nomura_art.jpg/200px-Vincent_Valentine_Nomura_art.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c4/Sephiroth.png

http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/cprofiles/img/professor-hojo.jpg

Dude had a hunch back.

Anyway, how badly was my theory dashed by DoC and such? Or could this still be entertained as a possibility? I would still like to believe that Sephiroth is Vincent and Lucrezia's secret lovechild!

Jessweeee♪
04-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Pretty badly :(

Final Fantasy VII - Dirge of Cerberus - Episode XXII: Lucrecia the Slut (http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Dirge%20of%20Cerberus/Update%2023/index.html)

Hot Shot
04-27-2010, 09:36 AM
I used to think that as well, but when I played FFVII again properly(I was pretty young when I first played it), I realised that Hojo was Sephy's dad and not Vincent.

And is it just me, or does Lucrecia look just like Aeris in this pic?
http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Dirge%20of%20Cerberus/Update%2023/10-crack17.jpg
http://www.videogamegirlsdb.com/gamegirl/Images/Final_Fantasy/Aerith/Aeris_FF7_AC_portrait_01.jpg

I'm not say that there's a connection between the two, I'm just saying that they look so much alike.

Mo-Nercy
04-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I thought that about Lucrecia as well when I first saw her in DoC (after I recovered from the trauma of realising I had been pronouncing Lucrecia wrong since 1997).

But to address your topic, Clo. Had Vincent been Sephiroth's dad, it would've been a pretty big part of the story. It wouldn't have made sense for him to be an optional character in FFVII.

G13
04-27-2010, 10:46 AM
Would've been cool though. I can't fully explain how pissed I was when I found out Hojo was Sephiroth's father. Just didn't seem right at the time.

Hot Shot
04-27-2010, 10:54 AM
I just find it strange that they would make Vincent an optional character. I mean, I know he's not Sephirother's father or anything, but he was such n important character because of his link to Shinra, Hojo, Lucrecia and the Jenova project.

PeneloRatsbane
04-27-2010, 01:57 PM
I think if Vincent had any suspicion what so ever that the baby might be his then he would have stopped her.
But it seems that he didn't actually get anywhere with Lucrecia, they had a picnic and he had feelings of love for her, but she seemed to have a slight attraction that was completely overpowered by her feelings of guilt about what happened to Grimoire. I don't think they ever even kissed let alone slept together.
Not sure what Lucrecia and Hojo's relationship was, whether they were together or it was just for science but they seem pretty united on what they planned to do. Theres a bit in DOC where she runs into Hojo's arms in a kind of sexy way so I think it was slightly more complicated than just "In the name of Science". Hojo definately had some sort of power over Lucrecia, probably amplified by her self esteem issues and extreme guilt problem.
Its Lucrecia and Hojo's baby, and I guess Sephiroth got his looks from his mummy's (Jenova and Lucrecia) and his Phsychotic personality from his daddy.

BarelySeeAtAll
04-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Hehe, DILF.

In all seriousness, it would explain the incredible hotness.

Mercen-X
04-27-2010, 07:51 PM
It's funny that the word "DILF" actually sounds more like an insult since it sounds so close to "dill."

after I recovered from the trauma of realising I had been pronouncing Lucrecia wrong since 1997

But to address your topic, Clo. Had Vincent been Sephiroth's dad, it would've been a pretty big part of the story. It wouldn't have made sense for him to be an optional character in FFVII.

Were you calling her "Looshrekia?" How can anyone pronounce her name wrong? "Lookreesha" isn't wrong as there are people out there with that name. "Air-ease" is wrong (my pronunciation for Aeris), but that has more to do with mistranlation and naïveté.

Yes, I believe I had the same conclusion about Vincent and Miss un-Lucky. Vincent and Sephiroth share a fair amount of traits including the ability to become monsters. Both have whacky dresstyles and long hair. And despite Hojo's claim to be Seph's father, I just took that to mean he was the father of a scientific breakthrough like "the father of modern science", "the father of evolutionary theory", "the father of modern medicine", blah etc.
I really couldn't understand what kind of masochistic freak would fall for a demented narcissist like Hojo and let him chemically mutilate her and her unborn child. Lucrecia really does deserve whatever punishment people can imagine for her. Her own guilt isn't enough. She's too stupid to even be allowed a past or to be remembered by anyone.

Tokimadoushi
04-29-2010, 08:38 AM
It's revealed in the original game when you encounter Hojo in Midgar that he is Sephiroth's father. Lucrecia was artificially inseminated with his child as well as Jenova cells.
Vincent was in love with Lucrecia but yeah, Hojo got in there first. :roll2

Ifalna and Professor Gast are Aerith's parents. Lucrecia resembles Aerith because they ran out of ideas for character models lol.

PeneloRatsbane
04-29-2010, 12:35 PM
I can't remember it saying that it was artificial insemination. The jenova bit was but I don't think they ever said the HojoXLucrecia bit was, unless i am mistaken.
(Pictures under spoiler so i don't use up so much space)

http://i40.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/1492idf.jpg

http://i39.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/1z3nw4j.jpg

Clo
04-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Groossss.

Anyway, I always thought, back in my youngin' days, that Hojo THOUGHT this, but Lucrezia was sneaky and sleepin' around behind his back.

Though, DoC does portray the Vincent and Lucrezia love as non-sexual. Vincent, you're so lame. :|

BarelySeeAtAll
04-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Vincent, you're so lame. :|

Can't help it if Lu can't help him get it up :jokey:

Mo-Nercy
04-30-2010, 05:54 AM
after I recovered from the trauma of realising I had been pronouncing Lucrecia wrong since 1997Were you calling her "Looshrekia?" How can anyone pronounce her name wrong? "Lookreesha" isn't wrong as there are people out there with that name.
DoC pronounces it Loo-kret-see-ah. And I had been saying Loo-kree-see-ah.

seiferalmasy2
04-30-2010, 06:37 AM
edit...maybe not I just remembered something /forget this

No.78
04-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Vincent and Sephiroth don't look manly, what are you smoking?!

Clo
04-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Vincent and Sephiroth don't look manly, what are you smoking?!

:D Okay, point taken, maybe that wasn't the best word to use. Er, they both look angry, and, uh, have wide-ish chests.

BarelySeeAtAll
04-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Okay: their physical attributes are more or less similar.

Job sorted. Other than obviously their hair, eyes and whatnot. Don't be picky.

PeneloRatsbane
04-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Sephiroth's physique is a result of his SOLDIER training

BarelySeeAtAll
04-30-2010, 07:40 PM
So he was a stick beforehand. . .right.

PeneloRatsbane
04-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Yeah I saw him he was a right weed in high school.
But as he is designed as a SOLDIER and great warrior it makes sense for him to be buff.

BarelySeeAtAll
04-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Actually..o.e vincent IS like a stick isn't he?

I am coming round! :jess:

silentenigma
05-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Interesting alternative theory, Clo. It seemed a bit harsh for Vincent to lock himself in a basement for that long, just because he couldn't convince Lucrecia not to procede with Hojo.... but he wasn't telling the whole story of his 'sin'... heh heh.

Bolivar
05-03-2010, 04:10 AM
Actually you're not that far off the mark OP.

I think it was heavily alluded to in FFVII that Vincent thought that he was Sephiroth's father. On top of the Sister Ray in Midgar at the end of Disc 2, Vincent is legitimately surprised that Hojo is Sephiroth's father and says something like

"Hojo... the one who should have slept... was YOU!!"

Seems like this has been shot down in the "canon" as well as other theories, but that's the gist I get every time I go back and play it.

PeneloRatsbane
05-03-2010, 01:45 PM
No way Vincent for all his moping and emoness is in fact underneath a very niave little lad who had the hots for a complicated mess of a woman. He blames Hojo for what happened to Lucrecia and over looks the fact that she played a huge part in her own undoing.
If it were his kid he would have stopped them, I have no doubt about that, he had no reason to believe it was and so he had no right to intervene. But he wishes he had done in hindsight because it caused the downfall of his dear Lucrecia

Mirage
05-03-2010, 03:41 PM
I used to think that as well, but when I played FFVII again properly(I was pretty young when I first played it), I realised that Hojo was Sephy's dad and not Vincent.

http://www.videogamegirlsdb.com/gamegirl/Images/Final_Fantasy/Aerith/Aeris_FF7_AC_portrait_01.jpg

I'm not say that there's a connection between the two, I'm just saying that they look so much alike.

lots of nomura's character designs look alike :p. It's more like one of his flaws

PeneloRatsbane
05-03-2010, 04:22 PM

lots of nomura's character designs look alike :p. It's more like one of his flaws

lol to be fair I think aeris and Lucrecia were always going to look a like because of their hair. I'm just disapointed that they ditched Lucrecia's 80's style earings in DOC

Clo
05-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Well, their faces look exactly alike too, really. Maybe I had that Vincent looks a lot like Sephiroth vibe because Nomura stinks at differentiating between individuals in the same gender who are the same age.

pyrefly maiden
05-21-2010, 07:22 AM
I wondered at Lucrecia's mental health and eyesight when it was revealed she chose Hojo over Vincent. And there wasn't really an explanation for that choice until DoC came along so for those who had never played or watched a playthrough of DoC Lucrecia was probably viewed as an irrational character :p

Hoboy am I glad that none of Hojo's physical features were inherited by Sephiroth, including that screechy voice :p *tries imagining Sephiroth with Hojo's voice and brain implodes* Don't try this at home, kids.

BarelySeeAtAll
05-21-2010, 02:53 PM
aeris and Lucrecia were always going to look a like because of their hair

This made me remember my bro once commented on the fact that Aerith's and Sephiroth's hair also look similar, though obviously the colour is off. . .

So, if Sephiroth's hair looks like Aerith's..Aerith's hair looks like Lucrecia's.....and Sephiroth is Lucrecia's son..... :eek: Breakthrough

Drajeu
05-24-2010, 05:04 AM
I still think Sephiroth is Vincent child.
I might have missed some details, but my impression even before DoC was that Lucrecia got pregnant with Vincent and decided to let Hojo inject Jenova cells into the womb. So Sephiroth is Hojo's baby from a project perspective, and considering that Sephiroth is no longer human, but Vincent was the one who donated the sperm.

Mo-Nercy
05-24-2010, 05:22 AM
From my impression of the game, I thought that Vincent had always been too wussy to go that extra step with Lucrecia. I admit I haven't played FFVII in a long time, but I do remember the flashback scene where Hojo says something along the lines of "It is our child, and we'll do what we want" when Vincent questions the ethical rammifications of what they're doing.

Welcome to EoFF btw, Drajeu!

PeneloRatsbane
06-10-2010, 03:31 PM
I've started a new game recently and I think its pretty funny that Hojo is Sephiroths dad. Sephiroth mentions Hojo constantly in while Cloud is telling the story to Red XIII, Aeris, Tifa and Barret in the Hotel and even disses him for having so complexes lol, and then he reveals himself as having quite a few himself. Like father like son lol.

Christmas
06-23-2022, 05:20 AM
I thought Lucrezia left Vincent because he was unable to perform in bed and Hojo was a beast. So Vincent turned into Chaos to make up for it. :bigsmile:

Dr. Acula
06-23-2022, 07:10 AM
Chaos in the streets, Galian Beast in the sheets.