PDA

View Full Version : Weapon upgrading

Shin Gouken
04-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Now i have a few traps and a few million Gil, i'm looking for the most cost efficient way of upgrading my weapons.

What materials should i use and roughly how much would i need.

While i'm on the subject, what are peoples preffered weapons?

Masamunemaster
04-27-2010, 08:53 PM
I would upgrade vanilles healing wand to the nirvana and get its level maxed so you can have 3 more traps just in case

I only use light hope and fang so their best weapons in my eyes are: Light: Blazefire saber(its evenly balanced which is what she needs for COM/RAV) Hope: Hawkeye(it boosts his magic considerably but lacks physical power....seeing as he should be MED/RAV it shouldnt matter) Fang: I think the Taming pole is her best even though it has stagger lock(Its the exact opposite of hopes Hawkeye, boosting her strength through the roof, which she is a COM 90% of the time(which is why stagger lock doesnt matter...I only had a COM stagger once the whole game)and SEN the other 10%)

I usually buy 99 wicked fangs since they are cheap, and use about 24-30 to get the triple bonus, then use perfect conductors as much as needed to max out(about 45 to get the first level maxed and then 99 usually get the second version to about lvl 50)

Other people may have different opinions, but this seemed to work o ut very well for me

Raistlin
04-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Why would you use all Perfect Conductors? Ultracompact Reactors are the way to go, and are way more bang for your buck. Use Superconductors, Perfect Conductors, and Particle Accelerators to max out the first stage, and then the second stage is usually maxed out with 2 ultracompact reactors + a little extra (fill in with conductors/accelerators). Then buy a bunch of ultracompact reactors to max out the 3rd stage.

My suggestion would be to get a list of the exp requirements for each weapon at each stage, so you can apply as much as you can at once. This is especially useful in the third stage so you save some gil on buying the monster parts used to get a 3x bonus.

Masamunemaster
04-29-2010, 09:17 PM
honestly idk why I used perfect conducters....just seemed easier when your tired lol

Loony BoB
05-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Fun tip: 36 sturdy bones (80 gil each) will get you x3 on anything. For upgrading weapons to maximum, I can't remember exactly how many Ultracompact Reactors you need off the top of my head, sorry. :( I'll try to remember to post again when I get home, or edit this post, with the accurate number.

Shin Gouken
05-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Fun tip: 36 sturdy bones (80 gil each) will get you x3 on anything. For upgrading weapons to maximum, I can't remember exactly how many Ultracompact Reactors you need off the top of my head, sorry. :( I'll try to remember to post again when I get home, or edit this post, with the accurate number.

I actually figured this out, except i was using barbed tails. Ive found a very helpful guide on gamefaqs which lists the exact amount of components needed for every weapon and how much Gil you need.

I have three weapons in their final form, 3 Traps and 5million Gil so i'm not far off. But i really have no intention to farm for Dark Matters, i might just stick with farming sacrafices for perfumes and buy dark matters. It may take longer but it requires less effort

Loony BoB
05-03-2010, 12:16 PM
I farmed for Dark Matter to get mine - but I didn't bring out the gui to do it until I'd already five starred 63 of the battles (leaving the last one, which was an easy Juggernaut battle). Once I'd done that, I had already got all trophies bar the one you get for killing a Long Gui and the one you get for holding every weapon/accessory. So basically all I needed to do was kill a Long Gui and then farm Shaolong Gui for Dark Matter, which took about an hour or so and then I had all trophies. I found this a far easier way to do things as it means you don't have to save up buttloads of money once the Gui are activated (and farming them for cash is more troublesome than farming Adamantortoise).