PDA

View Full Version : Hashimoto updates :bad news and good news

ShinGundam
04-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Hashimoto:Technical Issues Holding Back FFV and VI for DS

Square Enix producer Shinji Hashimoto updated the Square Enix Members Twitter yesterday with a peculiar message concerning future Final Fantasy DS titles.

Someone asked Hashimoto for an update on possible DS ports of Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI. Hashimoto's response was "For FF5 and 6, there are technical issues as well, so at present these are also undecided."

He said "also" because a previous poster had asked about possible download release for Super Famicom's Seiken Densetsu 3. Hashimoto's response here was, "This is also at preset undecided."

There's an "also" in this response too because prior to this, someone had asked about a release of Square Enix's Ever Heart Odyssey on a platform other than iMode. Hashimoto's response was, "This is at present undecided." This was the first question.

So what kind of technical issues could be holding FFV and FFVI back? It's presumable that Square Enix would do full remakes along the lines of FFIV rather than simple ports

Good news : PSP looks like it will have two major releases now

Tabata first provided an update on The 3rd Birthday, a sequel in the Parasite Eve series. Since the start of the year, the game's development has moved into full production mode. He describes the staff as "cream of the crop" and says that they're producing a game that will exceed expectations. "We should have the chance to show it off it shortly."

On Agito XIII, he wrote "Development is progressing well. The reaction was extremely positive when we showed the development version to the producers, management and marketing team in March. The whole staff is excited. We won't be able to show it for a bit, but it's looking like it will become an awesome game."

VeloZer0
04-28-2010, 02:14 PM
I can't fathom what would be holding back FFV and FFIV for the DS. Shouldn't they just be able to crank it out with the FFIII/FFIV engine? The only problem I could foresee is it not fitting on the memory card.
Or they could just jump ship and do them on the PSP, physically its like a million times better :)

On a side not, last I heard was they were deciding if they should do FFV for DS. This seems to be a significant upgrade in status. Now I wonder if it translates into "there will be a delay" or "it is to much work to bother with".

Mo-Nercy
04-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Remakes being cancelled/delayed is no big deal for me. They're remakes, after all.

But the news of The 3rd Birthday is fantastic to hear. =]

VeloZer0
04-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Unfortunately, for some of us the remakes have been more enjoyable than any of SE's new material :cry:

qwertysaur
04-28-2010, 03:11 PM
I completely forgot about Agaito XIII :p

Clo
04-28-2010, 05:09 PM
This makes me sad, because I really do want to play a FFVI remake. I'm so intrigued.

Bastian
05-17-2010, 05:26 AM
Screw V/VI remakes, I want a Seiken Densetsu 3 remake for the DS!

Vermachtnis
05-17-2010, 05:29 AM
I completely forgot about Agaito XIII :p

Screw V/VI remakes, I want a Seiken Densetsu 3 remake for the DS!

Me too! Although I really I want a V remake.

Wolf Kanno
05-17-2010, 09:52 AM
I talked about this in the VI remake thread. I was a bit skeptical that V and VI could be made on the DS using Matrix's engine. V and VI are huge compared to IV in terms of content and places. I didn't think there would be a way to put it all in there without a serious graphical downgrade. I wasn't surprised by this news.

3rd Birthday is still coming huh? Guess I should finally get around to starting and finishing PE1 since I've owned the game for nearly a decade and still haven't gotten past the opening. I just keep getting distracted by shiny things as of late.

I'm stoked for Agito as it was only title of the XIII compilation I was actually interested in.

Rad Bromance
05-17-2010, 09:06 PM
The 3rd Birthday was the only part of this I really cared about. I'm so happy to hear SOMETHING is happening with it. Yay PE! :D

VeloZer0
05-18-2010, 04:58 AM
Is the DS memory card a fixed size? It looks essentially like a modified memory card to me, so increasing the size to keep pace with technology doesn't seem very insurmountable.

Wolf Kanno
05-18-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm sure they could probably make a DS card large enough to hold the games content and do it well but they probably haven't really made it yet cause up until this point there was no need.

With the 3DS and the rising popularity of the PSP in the last two years, SE has other options to look at as well instead of trying to build a DS cart with more storage space. Hell, they might even be releasing falsified info cause they want to put it on the 3DS and so this buys them time from anxious fans.

VeloZer0
05-18-2010, 10:18 PM
"Technical issues" is really a code phrase for the reason it won't run is because it is for another console :D