PDA

View Full Version : What programming languages do you know?

Flying Mullet
04-28-2010, 02:59 PM
We had a thread like this a little while ago, but I wanted to compile a more formal list. What programming languages do you know? And by know, I mean that if you were given a basic assignment (towards the end of an intro class, i.e. you understand the basics) you could complete it with minimal help.

And if I missed a language that you know, as I'm sure I will, please post it and I'll add it to the list.

Peegee
04-28-2010, 03:11 PM
<3 html is not on the list (jk)

I should learn other languages but tbh programming drives me crazy and I would refuse to do programming as any aspect of my job.

Now scripting I am all over that like PG on Pikachu

Captain Maxx Power
04-28-2010, 03:13 PM
You always start these kinds of topics while I'm in the middle of DirectX work. I dunno if that's an indicator of how much work I do, or if there's some conspiracy.

Anyways, I use C++ a lot and C# sometimes. Bloody hate website programming, it's for art majors who can't find work in the "real-world".

Slothy
04-28-2010, 03:20 PM
And by know, I mean that if you were given a basic assignment (towards the end of an intro class, i.e. you understand the basics) you could complete it with minimal help.

Screw you and your arbitrary measure of my programming ability. :mad2:

Give me a few more weeks and I will know enough Java to meet your criteria. In the mean time, I'm voting anyway. :p

Rantz
04-28-2010, 05:05 PM
I checked C#, JavaScript, Ruby, and PHP.

Anyways, I use C++ a lot and C# sometimes. Bloody hate website programming, it's for art majors who can't find work in the "real-world".

Not for, y'know, web designers and web developers then? xD

Shoeberto
04-28-2010, 05:57 PM
I was tempted to check Ada, since it is ~*~THE PERFECT PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE~*~, but aside from discussing it in a class I've never actually used it.

Bunny
04-28-2010, 06:50 PM
I know how to call programmers nerds and laugh at them.

crazybayman
04-28-2010, 08:11 PM
I did a Q-Basic course in first year engineering, and it was without a doubt the worst course I ever did. I went into the final with an 87 or something, and bombed the final so bad, that I BARELY passed. Needless to say, it reinforced me to NOT do computer engineering.

Weird we did Q-Basic, it wasn't (and still isn't) used at all, anywhere. The next year, they switched to C+, which from what I've heard is very similar language.

Citizen Bleys
04-29-2010, 01:40 AM
No Pascal or LISP variants?

I've been trying to learn Clojure, mainly because of Carpie, but it makes no damn sense. Maybe if I pick up Rails first.

EDIT: Just to be annoying

http://bleysmaynard.net/daft/rails.jpg