PDA

View Full Version : Oh Just Dye Already

Yar
04-28-2010, 03:58 PM
What colors have you dyed your hair or want to dye it? :p I wanna take mine green or blue... :(

Flying Mullet
04-28-2010, 04:03 PM
I've lightened it and accidentally dyed it orange When I didn't know that brown + blonde dye = pumpkin orange.

rubah
04-28-2010, 04:11 PM
I've never dyed mine :O

Fonzie
04-28-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm not the type of person who likes dying my hair, I guess. Just not my thing. :p

Miss_Lulu
04-28-2010, 04:28 PM
I've had red, blue, green, purple, pink, orange, yellow, brown, black, blonde, ginger, teal, and probably more colors that are eluding my brain right now. :D

G13
04-28-2010, 04:40 PM
In my middle school days I use to dye my hair bleach blonde. It was cool at the time because of Eminem, so I just rolled with that instead of telling people it was because I wanted to be a super Saiyan. :shifty:

Clo
04-28-2010, 04:53 PM
I have very dark brunette hair, and occasionally I try to dye it auburn -- but it usually doesn't show up very well. It shows in the sun though, which can be pretty.

Madame Adequate
04-28-2010, 05:21 PM
I've had bleached blonde, teal, and red.

Rye
04-28-2010, 05:25 PM
I've had bleached blonde, teal, and red.

Do it again! Teal!

Red, black, blonde-ish (in streaks), and I've done a brown in between my natural hair color and black.

Currently, I'm mostly at my natural hair color. I'll probably go black again soon. My heart is toying with the idea of going blonde to confirm how much Lady Gaga and I look alike, but I have no real desire to be blonde. I'm too yellow-toned for it.

Zeldy
04-28-2010, 05:37 PM
I've had blonde highlights, a massive blonde chunk, attempted to dye it red on many occasions, cosmic blue, a chocolate brown and now - finally, it is black.

Black's the only colour that my dark, dark hair takes to :(

Rye
04-28-2010, 05:41 PM
I've had blonde highlights, a massive blonde chunk, attempted to dye it red on many occasions, cosmic blue, a chocolate brown and now - finally, it is black.

I have that same problem. My hair does really take well to blue-black though, I forgot to add that one to my list, but I didn't think it looked very nice with my skin tone. I like warmer black more.

I'm considering dying some of my hair purple when it's actually long, but I'm also considering getting a light perm so that I have some loose spiral curls, and the bleaching and perming processes don't mix very well. I'll probably go with one or the other.

http://image.lightinthebox.com/images/v/200908/uywe1250325256921.jpg
Something like that, but not as long.

Zeldy
04-28-2010, 06:12 PM

I have that same problem. My hair does really take well to blue-black though, I forgot to add that one to my list, but I didn't think it looked very nice with my skin tone. I like warmer black more.

Mine took to cosmic blue for a whole of like a week, before the blue completely faded and it was just a "slightly bluey" black. I find that a colour only stays for me when I cash out and buy two boxes of hair dye and absolutely smother my hair in it. Yeah I find that when a black is too black it completely dominates your features, I fake tan like crazy so there isn't as much contrast with my pale pale skin! (NOT orange! TANNED)

Yar
04-28-2010, 06:57 PM
The contrast for the picture is all bad, but my hair's darker now. :)

NorthernChaosGod
04-28-2010, 06:57 PM
In my middle school days I use to dye my hair bleach blonde. It was cool at the time because of Eminem, so I just rolled with that instead of telling people it was because I wanted to be a super Saiyan. :shifty:
OMG! Are you me? :eek:

Jessweeee♪
04-28-2010, 07:49 PM
I dyed it slightly more reddish once. It looked nice!

kotora
04-28-2010, 08:15 PM
I'd bleach it if I could be bothered. Then again it's not like it really matters when you have an awesome mullet reaching below your neck like me.

Freya
04-28-2010, 08:31 PM
I've dyed it blonde, red, dark brown, hilights, low lights, and currently I tried to dye it a blondish brown and it turned kinda ginger and then no just light brown. I like it though.

Your hair is darker Yar!

G13
04-28-2010, 08:46 PM

I've often wondered the same of you, my friend. :monster:

~*~Celes~*~
04-28-2010, 08:53 PM
So far, besides red and blonde highlights, I've only dyed it a dark brown (it's naturally a milk chocolate brown, so then it was more like dark chocolate brown :monster:). Thought about dying it black for a while, but I dunno, I doubt I ever will :D

NorthernChaosGod
04-28-2010, 09:13 PM

I've often wondered the same of you, my friend. :monster:

We're obviously brothers from another mother. :cool:

vinnie's mini's
04-28-2010, 09:23 PM
My current hair colour which is red. I've never had any other colours. :jess:

Shlup
04-28-2010, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't dare taint my naturally blond-ish tresses. After pregnancy hormones turn my locks mouse brown I may become adventurous though.

rubah
04-28-2010, 10:21 PM

Good idea. I heard that the gingerpocalypse is starting soon. I won't link the video because it was disgusting and made me cry, but you can ask Necronopticous for the link.

Rye
04-28-2010, 10:22 PM

Good idea. I heard that the gingerpocalypse is starting soon. I won't link the video because it was disgusting and made me cry, but you can ask Necronopticous for the link.

Oh, that MIA vid? Yeah, he sent me that last night too, it was fairly disturbing!

Rebellious Eagle
04-28-2010, 10:31 PM
I've never dyed mine :O

Same here, high five! Personally, I think I'd look strange with any color hair that isn't my natural light brown since my skin is extremely pale.

Mo-Nercy
04-28-2010, 11:46 PM
My hair's brown at the moment, but it's natural colour is black.

I've gone lighter in the past. Almost kind of golden-brown.

Dignified Pauper
04-29-2010, 01:32 AM
I don't kill my hair.

Citizen Bleys
04-29-2010, 01:35 AM
Gray.

Yar
04-29-2010, 04:31 AM
I don't kill my hair.

It's already dead. :eek:

fire_of_avalon
04-29-2010, 04:34 AM
Natural Red, Fire Engine Red, Green, Orange, Blue, Blonder, Browner. I haven't done it in a long time and I don't wanna anymore.

oddler
04-29-2010, 12:08 PM
I've lightened it and accidentally dyed it orange When I didn't know that brown + blonde dye = pumpkin orange.

I did that, too. And I got my picture taken for a badge at work and it was on there for 6 years. :p

BarelySeeAtAll
04-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Used Blue Banana's Stargazer black once. . .and it turned out GREEN *Facepalm* it was only the fringe though. . .which may somehow be because I got it done purple once. . .

Other than that it's only been black/darkest brown. Normally my hair is pretty dark brown but an extra shade or two doesn't hurt! Never permanent though, damn roots.

Jess
04-29-2010, 06:16 PM
My hairs been light brown, very dark brown, blonde, purple and red.

On Tuesday I went back to blonde from red. It was a very long process to stop it going orange. I was in the hairdressers for 7 hours!

At the moment it's a darker blonde, but it's getting lightened again at the beginning of June. I think I'll stay blonde for a long time now.

Melissaur
04-29-2010, 07:51 PM
I've had my hair blond, dark blond (yes there's a difference), light and dark brown, black, purple, blue, and 3 different shades of red

Chloe.
04-29-2010, 08:26 PM
The only time I have dyed my hair was when I had blonde highlights a few years ago, it looked pretty terrible though. I don't think I'll ever dye my hair properly, I kinda like it how it is. :p

Shiny
04-29-2010, 10:01 PM
I have some red in my skin so I wanna try getting reddish hair.

Jiro
04-30-2010, 02:05 AM
Had blonde streaks in there at some point. Not really bothered about hair colour, but I wouldn't mind adding some blue to be different.

missaira
04-30-2010, 06:44 AM
When I was little it was blonde and ringlet-y, then it slowly turned dark brown after my mum hacked it all off to be boy-length short.

I always swore I'd never dye it, but in the past six or so years I've had (in order): blonde foils, all-over fire-engine red, purple, aubergine, dark brown, blue-black, dark brown, purple, dark brown, blonde + red foils, dark brown, blonde streaks, dark brown, blonde foils, dark brown, now back to blonde streaks :p

Also, just randomly, I've been told by at least three separate strangers, all at different times, that I'd look good with dreadlocks (apparently). Who does that? Sees some random on the street and go, "Hey, you know, I think you'd look pretty hot with dreadlocks." I mean, seriously?!

Rantz
04-30-2010, 03:13 PM
If I dye before I wake;
pray Facebook my picture not to take.

Rodarian
04-30-2010, 06:35 PM
I've dyed my hair

red, brown , blue and blonde... Being Blonde was the biggest mistake.. Lucky enough I got it change at the salon immediately when it was done...

Now I'm a natural Brunette! ^_^

Brunettepudding
05-02-2010, 02:49 AM
I've only really dyed it once, but it was temporary. Red and purple for an orchestra thing. Other than that, never.