PDA

View Full Version : "Hey, I wonder what happened to..." (spoilers)

Tokimadoushi
04-29-2010, 08:43 AM
Don't you ever find yourself wondering what happened to a minor character? I wonder what happened to Zangan. We know he rescued Tifa from the Nibelheim reactor after Sephiroth's nervous breakdown, and from there took her to Midgar (I think, can't quite remember). We never see Zangan again...I wonder what happened to him?

Loony BoB
04-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Eaten by monsters. What? It's got to happen to some people, have you seen how dangerous those things are? =|

Garnie
04-29-2010, 03:11 PM
I always wondered why square invented tomberrys...little green frogs dressed ass yoda with knives.

Quick question...who the fudge would sell these things knives?

Loony BoB
04-29-2010, 04:54 PM
They probably stole 'em.

Skyblade
04-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Most likely. There is a series of quests in Crisis Core where you are hunting down a Tonberry who stole a special knife from President Shinra's kitchen.

Clo
04-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Aren't the tonberries monsters -- not their own race or anything? Though, I guess you could say... monsters can have their own races... especially the humanoid ones.

Maybe Zangan passed away from natural causes. :roll2

And did Bugenhagen die? I had this conversation with someone the other day. I just replayed this game too, and I don't remember this happening!

Levian
04-29-2010, 08:05 PM
I don't think we're ever told what happened to Zangan.

Yeah, Bugenhagen died. If you visit Cosmo Canyon near the end of the game, some villagers will tell you he's dying and if you visit the observatory you get Red's ultimate weapon from him before he passes away.

MJN SEIFER
04-29-2010, 10:21 PM
Didn't they sugarcoat Bugen's death though? Unless him "going on a journey" was a metaphor for something? It seams strange that they would hide the fact someone's died in FFVII...

Blackjack
04-30-2010, 01:30 AM
Well there is a letter from Zangan, when you get Final Heaven, stating that he did visit Nibelheim after the incident and that he "can't even jump anymore". After that...who knows?

seiferalmasy2
04-30-2010, 01:44 AM
Sorry for offtopic -I couldn't find any reason why they are called Tonberry...

Tonberry
トンベリ
tonberi
Tonberry

Possibly from words Ton and berry but I really do not know. I tried to find this out....there was nothing.

Anyone have any idea?

BarelySeeAtAll
04-30-2010, 06:08 PM
Why not consider what happens to the Turks, esp. Cissnei. Is this explained? Nupe. Do we care? Yes. Just as important.

Tonberries are Tonberries. Leave them alone. They are beautiful little creatures, go question Cait's big moogle-ma-jig.

Clo
04-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Cait Sith confused me as a kid. I thought the "main" creature was the mog, and then I get a little older and somehow realize it's supposed to be that tiny cat I can barely see in the sprite.

What do they do with that mog? Maybe Reeve realized his toy was absolutely ridiculous and threw it out.

black orb
04-30-2010, 06:57 PM
>>> There are series of short stories taking place between the time of Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children called On the way to a smile (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/On_the_Way_to_a_Smile). You can probably find what happened to some minor characters there..:luca:

BarelySeeAtAll
04-30-2010, 07:05 PM
I've never LIKED Cait much, the whole Reeve thing actually confused me a little. Obv it's not quite the same as the confusion with the giant mog. . .What is with that o.e really....some robotic cat on a living mog?!

>>> There are series of short stories taking place between the time of Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children called On the way to a smile (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/On_the_Way_to_a_Smile). You can probably find what happened to some minor characters there..:luca:

The fact that it was JUST some random person who worked a little bit on the game, makes me refuse to believe it is official. Rubbish.

PeneloRatsbane
04-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Cait Sith confused me as a kid. I thought the "main" creature was the mog, and then I get a little older and somehow realize it's supposed to be that tiny cat I can barely see in the sprite.

What do they do with that mog? Maybe Reeve realized his toy was absolutely ridiculous and threw it out.

Pretty sure this is what happened to Cait Sith's Mog...

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb135/ColonelFitz/Final%20Fantasy/dirge_of_cerberus_yuffie.jpg

I imagine a scene in which Cait Sith and Reeve sob as Yuffie rips that mog to shreads, stuffing and wires flying everywhere, and then she wears his pelt as a trophy

Skyblade
05-01-2010, 08:05 AM

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb135/ColonelFitz/Final%20Fantasy/dirge_of_cerberus_yuffie.jpg

I imagine a scene in which Cait Sith and Reeve sob as Yuffie rips that mog to shreads, stuffing and wires flying everywhere, and then she wears his pelt as a trophy

...Awesome...:D

Rantz
05-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Me too! :D

:love: