PDA

View Full Version : Old Threads

Jessweeee♪
04-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Do you ever look at your old threads just to see how much you've changed?

It was so weird looking at mine. I had to stop after a while, though, because people replying would just find something to give me :bou::bou::bou::bou: about :|

Loony BoB
04-29-2010, 10:26 AM
From time to time. I have one or two saved from 2000 and man, did my typing suck back then.

~*~Celes~*~
04-29-2010, 12:40 PM
I used to look back, but I refuse to nowadays. I was a horrid, horrid newb back then :eep:

Madame Adequate
04-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Yeah but I've not changed a huge amount, I argue less in EoEO but honestly I think that's more because most of the people I argued with got banned than because I stopped caring about winning fights on the Internet.

I probably do post irreverent (Mayhap even spam, gosh!) things more often now though.

Rocket Edge
04-29-2010, 01:52 PM
did my typing suck back then.
Oooh yeah. I typed like I was sending a text message.

I do the odd time.

Chris
04-29-2010, 02:06 PM
I remember my very first thread from eight years ago, which was in the FVII section, and it was titled something like: "What Was the Reason Behind the War Between Wutai and Shinra".

But no, I never look back for many reasons. 80% of my threads had "Grace Jones" in them. :D

Citizen Bleys
04-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Had I any power to me, I would smite several of my older posts from the annals of time.

Some of those are in the goddamn archives, but if I found a way to destroy them it would be a federal offense and I don't want to go to jail, I know exactly how many cigarettes my ass is worth.

It's not a good number.

Momiji
04-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Well... my typing hasn't changed much, at least! I used to be such a prude back then though. Oh, how that has changed.

Garnie
04-29-2010, 03:14 PM
yep...i was a horrid newbe.....ugh!

Mo-Nercy
04-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Oh no. I couldn't bear it. I was a massive noob back in those days.

I used to believe R=U.

Raistlin
04-29-2010, 04:48 PM
I do sometimes, usually just in the more entertaining threads I happened to post in. Some of my posts were pretty bad, but I was like 13 or 14 for some of my oldest posts that are still viewable.

Had I any power to me, I would smite several of my older posts from the annals of time.

Some of those are in the goddamn archives...

Look on the bright side: your biggest embarrassment, Frig7, isn't even on EoFF!

Loony BoB
04-29-2010, 04:59 PM
It isn't? What, did we remove it or something? I love that thing. I think it's the best writing we've probably ever had a member come up with. Well, possibly Power of Cheese, but that had pictures.

Raistlin
04-29-2010, 07:06 PM
I don't think EoFF is hosting it anymore. Or at least when someone in the FF7 forum asked recently, Kishi had to link offsite.

Jiro
04-30-2010, 02:06 AM
I was a :bou::bou::bou::bou: newb too. Still am :monster:

Citizen Bleys
04-30-2010, 02:52 AM
It isn't? What, did we remove it or something?

"We?" You removed it. At my request. I want that abomination annihilated from the annals of the...what's a word for internet starting with an "a"?

Bunny
04-30-2010, 02:58 AM
I never look back.

Shoeberto
04-30-2010, 03:00 AM
I am, and have always been, a perfect and wonderful contributor to this forum and all of my posts have aged like fine wine.

Rad Bromance
04-30-2010, 03:14 AM
I used to, but I don't anymore because reading my teenage ignorance now is cringe inducing. :)

fire_of_avalon
04-30-2010, 03:14 AM
I used to be a lot more... bubbly I guess would be the correct word. I was bubblier in the past. And now I'm grizzled.

theundeadhero
04-30-2010, 05:40 AM
Nah, but maybe once a year I'll go back and read usernotes.

Meat Puppet
04-30-2010, 07:12 AM
I honestly cannot physically do that. Maybe I have cancer or something.

Fuzakeru
04-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Sometimes. I like going in to my control panel and looking at the attachments I've made in the past. I have a few voice files that make me lol.

G13
04-30-2010, 09:21 AM
I did just the other day. It was a horrifying ordeal.

Loony BoB
04-30-2010, 10:42 AM

"We?" You removed it. At my request. I want that abomination annihilated from the annals of the...what's a word for internet starting with an "a"?
I regret doing that, then. :( You must have been rather persuasive. Lucky for me, it's on my PC anyway.

Rantz
04-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Nah, but maybe once a year I'll go back and read usernotes.

Me toooo.

Citizen Bleys
05-01-2010, 03:42 AM
This made me do some looking back; I'm quite satisfied that my resigning from staff thread ended on a Shakespeare quote--no doubt a response to my much more well-veiled quote from the same play.

It would be better if someone went back and edited in [Exeunt] at the end of Freedo's post, though.

Taquadris
05-01-2010, 08:04 AM

'A series of tubes'

Citizen Bleys
05-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Forgot to respond to this:

I regret doing that, then. :( You must have been rather persuasive. Lucky for me, it's on my PC anyway.

Original PM:

It's come to my attention that Frig7 is still hosted on eyesonff.com. Can you delete that? It really should have been deleted after I left staff, and certainly after the April Fool's debacle.

If the bleys/ directory is still there, that should go too. It's been years since it's been appropriate to have any of my http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif hosted on eyesonff.com.

If you want to copy any of it over to your own server, that's fine. I don't have a problem with my own personal buddies hosting any of my work, but not a site that's gotten so good at alienating me and which is furthermore now owned by a complete stranger. Back when I gave Cid the OK to host it, eyesonff.com was my own personal buddy's server.

Got instant results

Hollycat
05-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Ive only been here a month and a half, and already I can look upon my past and see hideous faults that blemish the splendor of this website.

Meat Puppet
05-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Ive only been here a month and a half, and already I can look upon my past and see hideous faults that blemish the splendor of this website.
Oh, come on.